Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Vomiting

Keto sh

Lairian
Hello everyone!

I have 9 months year old baby boy- Pier Luigi.
From childhood he has GI tract issues, in July he had diarrhea and vet prescribed - Royal Canin Gastro. After this he hadnt experienced diarrhea, but from August he has vomiting. Some important issues about vomiting
1. Mostly (98%) he takes of only water, smt is yellowish, smt is a few amount with foam, smt with food.
2. He always vomit in the early morning from 6-7am.
3. His vomiting isnt regular, he vomits sometimes in every 2 weeks, smt in every two days.
4. I did ultrasound- was cholecystitis, splenomegaly .
5. I did blood tests and every parmeter was normal.
6. Was positive for Giardia and i gave him Metronidazole (1/4 per day for 7 days then stopped and then again 7 days)
7. During the treatment he didnt vomit, after 2 weeks he had again the episodes of vomitiing.

I’m already confused, how can i help my bot, if you have any kind of this experience, please share with me, I’ll take everything in consider.

Thank you!!

Keto sh

Lairian
Hello everyone!

From childhood he has GI tract issues, in July he had diarrhea and vet prescribed - Royal Canin Gastro. After this he hadnt experienced diarrhea, but from August he has vomiting. Some important issues about vomiting
1. Mostly (98%) he takes of only water, smt is yellowish, smt is a few amount with foam, smt with food.
3. His vomiting isnt regular, he vomits sometimes in every 2 weeks, smt in every two days.
6. Was positive for Giardia and i gave him Metronidazole (1/4 per day for 7 days then stopped and then again 7 days)
7. During the treatment he didnt vomit, after 2 weeks he had again the episodes of vomitiing.

I’m already confused, how can i help my bot, if you have any kind of this experience, please share with me, I’ll take everything in consider.

Thank you!!
And when he has vomiting, his defecation is normal but with a strong smell.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Did your vet do another stool sample to make sure the first rounds of meds knocked it out? We have seen several times it takes a couple of rounds of meds in some cats to finally rid it. As far as the foam/bile often times it is due to an empty stomach especially if they do it in the morning before breakfast. If so, you might look at getting a timer dish that opens early morning with just a nibble to hold them over until breakfast. @Keto sh

Keto sh

Lairian
Thank you so much for the response, we didnt do another stool sample, i think i have to give one more course of Metronidasole, ( doctor told to give Ivermeqtin, but this medicine has a lot side effects, has liver filtration and as my cat had problems with liver i dont think to give Ivermeqtin) .
I wake up 2 times at night to feed him

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Keto sh , checking in for updates, let us know if getting another round of metronidazole for the Giardia..
I personally dont give ivermectin to my pups or kitties.

my vet also prescribed **"cerenia" for Toby when he was vomiting. it is used off label for kitties here in the US.

any change of food? treats? my kitty has IBD and took a couple of food trials to see which worked best and much less vomitting now.

did they rule out crypto or tritrichomonas?

nudebea

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Although I don't have experience of this condition I do hope that your boy gets better soon . Thinking of you xxx

pussiette

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello everyone!

Thank you!!
We had this. Get a blood test for liver disease. The yellow vomit is bile usually.

pussiette

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The issue is her whole life she had tests and we couldn’t find anything till the end stageS.