Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Waiting is SO hard!

Bella07

Banned
Please forgive this, but I have to get it off my chest! Waiting to bring home a kitten is so extremely hard....I can barely stand it!

I keep finding myself checking breeders websites everyday, just "to look" :Smile:

But, just a few minutes ago, I just saw two of my dream kittens on a breeders website! The wait is becoming unbearable it feels like....I am so very tempted to pick up the phone and come to get those little guys, but I know that I should follow through with my "Game Plan" and wait until the spring of 2011. I know that's the reasonable thing to do, but, it is so, so, so hard to wait!!!

Ahhhh....I just needed to get that off my chest. The kittens are just too adorable, I can't stand it! They are 2 little boys. One is a seal/white mink and the other is a seal/white point. Orginally, I was thinking of only bringing home 1 Sphynx kitten. But, all this waiting has made me want to up it up to 2! :LOL:

Oh, the wait is so hard....spending so much time on SL probably isn't helping me much, because now Sphynxes are in my mind just about 99% of the time!

Thanks for listening to me! Sigh....it just feels like 2011 will never get here....:Hysterical:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gosh, Bella, I had the opposite experience....one day (two years ago) I decided I wanted a sphynx and a week later I found Piglet! It was as if the Universe/Fate/Karma (or whatever you want to call it) brought us together! I do remember having to wait a couple of weeks before Piglet's previous owner decided to let me adopt her and then another week after that to make plans to drive to Estes Park, CO to see her. It was agonizing for me then and I didn't even have to wait as long as you have, so I can REALLY appreciate your frustration! Hang in there, Bella....your perfect sphynx WILL come!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. WAITING IS ABSOLUTE TORTURE WHEN ALL YOU WANT IS THAT SWEET BEING IN YOUR ARMS, GAZING IN YOUR EYES, PONCING AT YOUR FEET - LOVING YOU - SLEEPING WITH YOU - THE SWEET NOSE BUMPS - CUDDLES. HANG IN THERE SWEETY - HANG.:Sweat:

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: lol i know how you feel i'm waiting untill next september for mine :Surprise: ive already been waiting since january this year it really is driving me mad. but i know the wait will be worth it, the breeder is amazing and so lovely she helped me thrue loads. i got messed about by quite a few breeders so i know this one is worth the wait for and also she holds the champions 1st place in the UK and has done for a few years now dont think it could go any better really:BigSmile: role on september 2011 lol :LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Waiting is very hard, and believe me, looking at pictures of other people's kitties doesn't soothe that longing for very long. But hang in there. Keep your eye on the Prize (or maybe 2 prizes). It really will be worth all the pain and suffering from waiting.

Last edited:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm still waiting too. I found my perfect breeder in the middle of July, now we just need to wait for the kitties to cooperate. Every time I'm tempted by beautiful kittens for sale I just tell myself nope, I'm waiting for the breeder I trust no matter how long it takes. I know it'll be worth it in the end.

tessblack

Banned
The wait will be worth it and stick to your plan. I had my plan all set out, money was ready had picked out Tux and Twitch and put a deposit. Then my ex husband and I did a short sale on our house in Indy and we needed $2500 that day to close on the 2nd mortgage. So there went the kitty fund. I was heart broken but finally got enough to get them. There was no way I could have let them go at that point. My plan did not work out the way I wanted it but I am soooooo happy with these guys I can't even explain it. It will all work out.

Back