Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

oilyanimalhuman

Lairian
Does unscented clumping litter not cause any allergies? Thank you! @Yoda mom I am looking for a hypoallergenic anti-allergenic litter. What do you think of these litters also and the ingredients

I hope so too @Beckinboots and give their opinion and or experience on it. Or a litter that has give the least allergic reactions to sphynx. Any advice or recommendations would be great!

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use a clumping clay litter called Golden Grey which I'm happy with and I've been using it for about 18 months now. I tried at least half a dozen other types/brands before this type, but never walnut, corn or pellets of any kind... I get mine from the Zooplus website, 14kg for £10.99. That lasts me about 3 weeks with 2 cats :)

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've used wood pellet (cheapest), Wheat (S'wheat Scoop), and Corn (World's Best). Latter two you can also flush in toilet but I find the corn one clumps better for pee. My favourite has been tofu litter but it's hard to find and quite expensive. It also depends on what type of litter box you have. I think you can't go wrong with any local natural clumping based litter that is flushable and No Scent.

oilyanimalhuman

Lairian
@Cinafina Thank you for the Golden Grey clumping clay litter suggestion! Is it very dusty? @CathyO Thank you for letting me know! Do you think this tofu litter is okay and good quality?
Is tofu litter good for allergies or preventing them? @Sheldon13 What grass litter do you use? I haven't heard of grass litter before. Is it made out of actual grass? Is grass based litter good for allergies or preventing them? Thank you! @Staceyxxx Bless her! I'm glad to hear it! Thank you for letting me know! Xxx @CathyO @Yoda mom Yes thank you for letting us know! Has anybody had any experiences with paper litter? Thank you again!

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use grass litter because it’s actually dust free, instead of just claiming to be but really not being. It’s great stuff.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
Hi. @Sheldon where do u get grass litter? Lately I have been finding grit in Binky eyes and nose more often due to clay litter so would really like to try and change litters and need to be careful with her allergies. Xxx

Sheldon13

Staff member
Hi. @Sheldon where do u get grass litter? Lately I have been finding grit in Binky eyes and nose more often due to clay litter so would really like to try and change litters and need to be careful with her allergies. Xxx

The most prominent brand is probably SmartCat litter, which you can order from Amazon. About half the price though is Frisco cat grass litter, which I purchase on Chewy’s.

Sheldon13

Staff member
There are several brands out there but I’ve never seen it in stores. You will probably have to order online.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Last edited:

GypsyNova

Lairian
I have used pets best lavender since I got my Gnocchi, well over a year. I started noticing spots on his skin and saw in a post here that it was an allergy to the corn. I slowly tried switching him over to the walnut litter recommended to me by a lady at the pet store. I was originally going to go with the pellets. Well it was a horrible idea, not only does he not like it and broke out worse. it doesn’t clump or keep the pee together at all. And it gets EVERYWHERE!

I called the store and they are letting me return the litter. I’m sitting in the parking lot now trying to decide which one to try again now. I’m thinking about getting the cats best he’s used to and a small bag of the pellets or wood and go even slower of a transition.

I’ll keep you all posted!

I wish i could afford the litter robot! My cousin got it and FaceTimed me showing me it. Ugh it looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@GypsyNova (( awh hugs)))). I have 4 nakids... I was using dr elseys unscented. not sure what store you are at now,,,my local is Petsupermarket. I switched to Fresh for life in the 40 lb bag, (not the bucket its different! ) its unscented clumping ..using it for some time now, easy transition no skin issues x4. I sprinkle a little fresh for life ultra unscented on the top and mix it in. I use a metal scooper too. I the fresh for life odor destroyer, black gold bag, is a close dupe imho to dr elseys unscented and I think it clumps easier.. I scoop 2-3 times a day. doesnt fall apart

keep us updated... the litter journey is so trying sometimes! positive vibes! my first baby had a yesterdays news unscented litter but I wasnt crazy about it.

the litter robot i hear is really big! pros and cons to everything litter I swear

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@GypsyNova stick to something natural but avoid corn because for some cats corn causes allergies. Avoid fragrances too.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about wood pellets including that they control the urine smell. If you can keep your litter box near the toilet and flush poop, you'd be set.

Back