Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wanted to thank you all

WithLVoe

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just wanted to thank all you ladies for your expertise, time, and help. You have all been so helpful.
I had a VERY difficult time with Phoebe as some of you may know. I thought I had been cursed with a terrible cat (which i feel awful for referring to her as the "Devil"). I would wake up bloody every morning thanks to her, she was so cold towards me, she would destroy EVERYTHING in site. She was VERY aggressive. I would read all these posts and photos and see all your loving sphynx and i was so sad that mine wasn't the same :(. Well it's taken some time, and now I see the issue was me, not her. Poor thing was trying to tell me something. She was just so upset being by herself during the day that i guess she would take her frustration and anger out on me.

After countless posts and advice we decided to adopt a friend (a rescue kitten) for her and now they have become great friends. She is 100% nicer to me. She is always quick to greet me when i come home, she's constantly purring, and she now sleeps with me every night and allows me to sleep! She is so cuddly too. She is finally happy, as am I. She has done a complete 360. She is a totally different cat.

Thank you for all your words of encouragement, patience and advice. Thank you for not letting me give up on her. I am so glad this community exists!

Helsinki

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so glad to hear about Phoebe's improvement and happiness (and your happiness too!). I actually read your original threads last night and was wondering what the latest news on her was. I'm glad it's so positive!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Wish there was a love button for this one! It always seems so drastic to have to get another kitten for a kitten, but in many cases they just need a companion to blow off steam with. Kudos for taking the chance it would work...usually it does! So nice to hear there is balance in your life and your baby's.

Patti

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I just wanted to thank all you ladies for your expertise, time, and help. You have all been so helpful.
I had a VERY difficult time with Phoebe as some of you may know. I thought I had been cursed with a terrible cat (which i feel awful for referring to her as the "Devil"). I would wake up bloody every morning thanks to her, she was so cold towards me, she would destroy EVERYTHING in site. She was VERY aggressive. I would read all these posts and photos and see all your loving sphynx and i was so sad that mine wasn't the same :(. Well it's taken some time, and now I see the issue was me, not her. Poor thing was trying to tell me something. She was just so upset being by herself during the day that i guess she would take her frustration and anger out on me.

After countless posts and advice we decided to adopt a friend (a rescue kitten) for her and now they have become great friends. She is 100% nicer to me. She is always quick to greet me when i come home, she's constantly purring, and she now sleeps with me every night and allows me to sleep! She is so cuddly too. She is finally happy, as am I. She has done a complete 360. She is a totally different cat.

Thank you for all your words of encouragement, patience and advice. Thank you for not letting me give up on her. I am so glad this community exists!

I'm so happy to hear a happy ending to what you thought was a living hell. LOL And I thank you for reaching out to other members for help/advice and for listening as it all has been working out just great and you didn't give up. :) :) :)

lizziepickle

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
how wonderful news!!! glad that another cat has helped matters. My furry cat, monkey, would get bladder infections all the time. but once i got worm he stopped! here he was stressed being at home by himself! glad to see that this has helped!

WithLVoe

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes, thank you all. its been quite the journey! I will be sure to post some photos of her soon!
Thanks again, it is much appreciated xoxo

Taraforweb

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's so interesting... Some cats are fine by themselves ... And others just can't stand it.

It's super duper uber great that you recognized it was, indeed, time for a change and got her a friend. I look forward to many happy, cuddly, posts from you now!

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wonderful news! So glad she's happy with her new sibling and you're able to have some peace! Looking forward to pictures! (y)

susi794

Staff member

Well, if that isn't a testimonial, I don't know what is! I am so glad you didn't give up on her and that there is peace and love for the both of you. Now you can finally enjoy some of that special intense naked love we are all addicted to. Enjoy each other and the rescue kitty friend--it sounds like everybody wins....and how special is that?

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What wonderful news! I'm happy that there are now three happy beings in your home :)
Can't wait for those pictures you promised!!

Back