Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wanting to get a playmate for George.....

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I really think George would benefit having a kitten friend to play with.(especially when we are gone during the day) Every cat he sees (at the vet office, etc) he tries to play with. I was thinking since George is still a kitten, it would be good to get another kitty soon so that they are close in age. I know he would absolutely love it! It would have to be another hairless kitty though, since I am allergic to the fur. I do know that I cannot spend over $1,000-$1,200 on a kitty at this time. Does anyone know of a cheaper sphynx kitty? I'd like it to be a kitten. Also, it does not have to be 'show quality". Please let me know.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
First port of call is rescues and see if there are any Sphynx that need placing. If not then have a look around, check out websites for retired breeders/ fosters etc. If you want a kitten specifically then pet quality kittens are usually priced lower.

I'll PM you, we have a boy that's had zero interest as he's not 'pretty' enough :rolleyes:

Brooke

Banned
Fun!! George will definitely love to have a playmate!! You should see how much fun Walter and Mandy have running around the house for hours and hours and hours and ....:Dizzy: :LOL: Walter definitely seems like a happier cat since I brought more kitties into the house to keep him company! (Despite his brother Nelson constantly picking on him)

What amount are you looking to spend and where are you located? (I see STL, but I don't know if that means St. Louis or Seattle or ???) and are you definitely looking for a kitten or would you consider an adult?

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
good luck to you! I struggle with getting haji a buddy and my growing addiction to sphynxlair.com is pushing me in the direction of getting another.....
big question is, will you name the new one in the same theme?

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Fun!! George will definitely love to have a playmate!! You should see how much fun Walter and Mandy have running around the house for hours and hours and hours and ....:Dizzy: :LOL: Walter definitely seems like a happier cat since I brought more kitties into the house to keep him company! (Despite his brother Nelson constantly picking on him)

What amount are you looking to spend and where are you located? (I see STL, but I don't know if that means St. Louis or Seattle or ???) and are you definitely looking for a kitten or would you consider an adult?

We are located near the St. Louis, Mo area.(about 30 minutes from St. Louis) I'd like a kitten that is very playful like George. I'd really like to spend no more than $800-900.

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
good luck to you! I struggle with getting haji a buddy and my growing addiction to sphynxlair.com is pushing me in the direction of getting another.....
big question is, will you name the new one in the same theme?

I'd like to name the new one in the same theme, but I just cant think of anything.

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If George is like Piglet, he would love a playmate. I ended up getting 2 furry kittens. The price was right, and my new fur-less kitten has not been born yet, so I have a long time to wait:)

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sure George would love a playmate! That's exciting.

It's so hard not to be a sphynx addict. I want a sphynx farm. And by farm I mean palace with sphynx everywhere!

Ok, back to reality. :LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I really hope you can find George a friend. I wish I could get Meecho a sphynx friend. Unfortunately Meecho's fiestiness has scared everyone else in the house to think that another one won't calm her but just add to the madness, everytime I try to change their minds all you hear is a crash and a flash of Meecho and then the dogs yelp in pain because she bit them. Does she not understand she isn't helping my argument?!?!?!:LOL:

Back