Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wanting to Rescue - KCMO

SilverFoxx

Lairian
I live in the KCMO area with a 3 bedroom house, with plenty of room for exploration. I wanted to surprise my fiancée with her dream adoption and I’m just looking to rescue an adult preferably to give a second chance to. I’m willing to travel if anyone is able to help.

Thanks ❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SilverFoxx , welcome to the lair family. so glad you joined us. several of us have adopted from members. stay active and positive!

I wanted to share please please read the fraud links tips thread if you are looking at ads outside sphynxlair. there are soo many scammers out there on the internet that even copy past photos, health records etc.

and there is a great thread on what to expect from a responsible breeder. I learned and later adopted a wonderful young retiree from a responsible breeder and she is 12 yrs old now doing great. I reached out to a responsible breeder in my state and got on her retiree wait list . I adopted Claire Bare fully vetted, HCM heart scan, etc. ,

I will share my surprise birthday gift from my fiance . He knew when I met him I wanted a sphynx for over 15 yrs but was waiting for the time was right .
well, one day I walked in from work and he had my surprise sphynx (yoda, avatar pic). I asked where he got her. He told me online and the gal was giving him a helluva deal, to meet him on side of road where her friend would do the hand off. $800 dollars later , my sweet little surprise was sick from day 1. long story short, she got her angel wings at barely 2 yrs old.

I share as a learning experience, my fiance was in such a rush to just get me a sphynx on time for my birthday, and it was heartbreaking in the end.

I do want to share, joining here I adopted two wonderful bonded pair of boys here from a member. several of us have adopted from members!

My Toby Love was a near scam off craigslist (she later scammed others). so, please don't hesitate to PM me any ads you are looking at outside sphynxlair for an extra peek for red flags.

I think it is wonderful you are looking for your fiance's dream adoption!! I have 4 adoptees after Yoda girl got her angel wings.
they are incredible breed of cat, dog , monkey, baby all in one for life.

here is a great link on sphynx life : Sphynx Cat Help Center

all paws crossed the sphynx stars align! keep us updated often.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ZamFam , may want to PM @SilverFoxx who was looking at same site.
(for me personally there were some red flags for my comfort level for that particular site, no address, super cheap, spelling errors . )

@ZamFam ,not sure how far in the middle of a transaction you are.. please be sure to go over the fraud tips link. always go with you gut.

@ZamFam I google search names, phone numbers, google search photos etc. ask lots of questions and go with your gut.
I tagged you both in a PM on some info I found online about that site.

Last edited:
Back