Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Warm Wishes

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I always wondered what people got out of forums and such, I never understood :Question:

Now I do, thank you, you all are wonderful and I feel like I have a whole group of friends that understand me and get how I feel about my little guys and just about life in general. I'm not really a person who's ever wanted many friends, but you all came with such open arms :Smile:

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. I know this year has been tough for a lot of you and you all deserve it to get better! So I'm sending the warmest happiest wishes to you and yours for a GREAT 2011... Keep your chins up and give all your babies kisses from the whole gang of us.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS and an even BETTER NEW YEAR!!!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've been on several forums and my interest usually wanes quickly because of the environment. But not here!! Even with all the growth that SL has seen this year, it has remained a friendly place :ThumbsUp: Best wishes to all for a fantastic 2011!!

Gizzymom

Banned
I've been on several forums and my interest usually wanes quickly because of the environment. But not here!! Even with all the growth that SL has seen this year, it has remained a friendly place :ThumbsUp: Best wishes to all for a fantastic 2011!!
I agree!! I have seen on other forums, tones turn and things get negative. Or have have seen differing opinions and if you agree with one side or the other, you become the opponent or the "enemy". But nothing like that happens here. Everyone is free to express their opinions ( and I have many!) and no one judges you. And at the end of the day, I always know that my SL family is there for me and cares... just as Giz and I care about each of you... OK... I have hi-jacked Anita's post enough...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!:Laugh:

susi794

Staff member
Thank you this post means a-lot we try very hard and will never let this become one of those other places! Without all of you it would not be! We have the best members :ThumbsUp:
A wonderful holiday and a great 2011 to all!
I have thought about this alot...in the beginning, I joined every sphynx forum I found. I posted a question in one of them and no one ever answered it or acknowledged my existence in any way. I looked at the few little posts that had ever been posted there and realized that that one was going to be a waste of my time and energy...so after one or two check backs I never bothered again. The same with three or four other forums. Then I saw the video from SL on giving a sphynx a bath and was really intrigued....so I came for a look see. LOL, I've been in love ever since. First of all, the moderation is great here--you keep it fair for everyone, don't allow a bunch of spammers, and you care about the quality and diversity of information offered here. You are friendly and welcoming and offer lots of extras--sphynx of the month, pic of the day, so many different categories of topics, videos, photo albums, contests and polls, humor and memorials. This place was and continues to be, a goldmine for sphynx enthusiasts. You offer a translation feature, you actively recruit members, and you make each and every person that joins feel welcome when we get a welcome to the site post from admin or you, ilovemysphynx. You make this a safe, intelligent, fun place to come when we have questions or advice or joy or grief to share. But still that doesn't explain the magic of this place....at least not totally. The rest comes from the members ...who can resist the chance to communicate with a person of like mind? One who "gets it". A soul sister or brother...but then, not even that can explain the magic. For me, it was when everyone rallied to help me in anyway they could when my world was falling apart...for me it's always about the LOVE. And there is always plenty of that here...no matter what. Do you guys know how rare that is? One of the people who left our group to form another complained about the FLUFF we have here at the Lair. That's just silliness-if all I wanted was information, I could just google it or find a wiki to teach me the facts...but Google never cried with me or sent me a gift or understood my excitement or gave a damn about me in any way, shape or form. A wiki never sent me a meal in the hospital when it found out I was celebrating Thanksgiving in the hospital. The "just the facts, maam" places never celebrated the birth of a child or the bravery of someone sharing difficult parts of their lives, or worried if you're alright when you're in another state and are worried about the trip home, or conspires with you on how to surprise your girlfriend or new husband on their return from war...oh the list here is endless. And last, but by no means least, I believe this place is somehow surrounded by the souls and energy of all the loving pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge--they know this is a place where love grows and I think they are attracted to places like that. S0, the magic comes from lots of sources, ilovemysphynx, but you and admin gave birth to the idea, continue to give it a home, and care for it like your own child..and we love you for it!

tessblack

Banned
Wow I think Suzi sort of said it all. I had never been on a forum or anything like it before. I too thought it was weird. Then when I got these guys I need info. Then I soon realized it was more than that. I have to say that I have cried more on here than ever before. It is so easy to get caught up in life and thinking about ourselves that we miss the meaning of things. I was out buy gifts for the family and for people that have everything they need and want, and thought wow this money could do so much more in the right hands. Last year we donated to a animal rescue and I am going to get everyone to do that again next year. I hate buying things just for the sake of getting them something. I love giving things that are more personal and meaning full. JW's Grandma is 90 now and hard to buy for. I got here a photo blanket from Walmart (turned out nicer than I expected) with all her family on it. I think that will be better than the gift baskets of lotion she always gets. Every year she thinks it will be her last.
I work in a job that I am with people all the time and at races know tons of people. I also play hockey and know a ton of people through there. Unfortunately my one good friend I had here moved to Fort Bragg with her military husband. Sometimes I feel so alone. All my friends are in Canada. This place helps me connect with people that understand my love for these little guys. I am so happy I found it.

susi794

Staff member
Wow I think Suzi sort of said it all. I had never been on a forum or anything like it before. I too thought it was weird. Then when I got these guys I need info. Then I soon realized it was more than that. I have to say that I have cried more on here than ever before. It is so easy to get caught up in life and thinking about ourselves that we miss the meaning of things. I was out buy gifts for the family and for people that have everything they need and want, and thought wow this money could do so much more in the right hands. Last year we donated to a animal rescue and I am going to get everyone to do that again next year. I hate buying things just for the sake of getting them something. I love giving things that are more personal and meaning full. JW's Grandma is 90 now and hard to buy for. I got here a photo blanket from Walmart (turned out nicer than I expected) with all her family on it. I think that will be better than the gift baskets of lotion she always gets. Every year she thinks it will be her last.
I work in a job that I am with people all the time and at races know tons of people. I also play hockey and know a ton of people through there. Unfortunately my one good friend I had here moved to Fort Bragg with her military husband. Sometimes I feel so alone. All my friends are in Canada. This place helps me connect with people that understand my love for these little guys. I am so happy I found it.
OMG, Tess! You are so loved here! We don't know what we'd do without our Auntie Tess, Tux, and Twitch. You have brought so much happiness to so many of us here. Thank you from all of us. And the gift for JW's grandma is lovely--what a wonderful gift, to be wrapped in the warmth and love of your family!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I have thought about this alot...in the beginning, I joined every sphynx forum I found. I posted a question in one of them and no one ever answered it or acknowledged my existence in any way. I looked at the few little posts that had ever been posted there and realized that that one was going to be a waste of my time and energy...so after one or two check backs I never bothered again. The same with three or four other forums. Then I saw the video from SL on giving a sphynx a bath and was really intrigued....so I came for a look see. LOL, I've been in love ever since. First of all, the moderation is great here--you keep it fair for everyone, don't allow a bunch of spammers, and you care about the quality and diversity of information offered here. You are friendly and welcoming and offer lots of extras--sphynx of the month, pic of the day, so many different categories of topics, videos, photo albums, contests and polls, humor and memorials. This place was and continues to be, a goldmine for sphynx enthusiasts. You offer a translation feature, you actively recruit members, and you make each and every person that joins feel welcome when we get a welcome to the site post from admin or you, ilovemysphynx. You make this a safe, intelligent, fun place to come when we have questions or advice or joy or grief to share. But still that doesn't explain the magic of this place....at least not totally. The rest comes from the members ...who can resist the chance to communicate with a person of like mind? One who "gets it". A soul sister or brother...but then, not even that can explain the magic. For me, it was when everyone rallied to help me in anyway they could when my world was falling apart...for me it's always about the LOVE. And there is always plenty of that here...no matter what. Do you guys know how rare that is? One of the people who left our group to form another complained about the FLUFF we have here at the Lair. That's just silliness-if all I wanted was information, I could just google it or find a wiki to teach me the facts...but Google never cried with me or sent me a gift or understood my excitement or gave a damn about me in any way, shape or form. A wiki never sent me a meal in the hospital when it found out I was celebrating Thanksgiving in the hospital. The "just the facts, maam" places never celebrated the birth of a child or the bravery of someone sharing difficult parts of their lives, or worried if you're alright when you're in another state and are worried about the trip home, or conspires with you on how to surprise your girlfriend or new husband on their return from war...oh the list here is endless. And last, but by no means least, I believe this place is somehow surrounded by the souls and energy of all the loving pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge--they know this is a place where love grows and I think they are attracted to places like that. S0, the magic comes from lots of sources, ilovemysphynx, but you and admin gave birth to the idea, continue to give it a home, and care for it like your own child..and we love you for it!
:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Susi defintley said it!!

I love the Lair...I can come here and go on and on about the silly things my kitties do and everyone enjoys it just as much as me. Non sphynx people just don't get it,,,and here,,,we all get each other...I'm so glad this is the first and ONLY sphynx forum I've come across!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well thank you guys for all the kind words! I am glad this little place makes a small difference in this crazy world and touches everyones life even a little bit!!:Laugh:

TotenEngel

Banned
Susi defintley said it!!

I love the Lair...I can come here and go on and on about the silly things my kitties do and everyone enjoys it just as much as me. Non sphynx people just don't get it,,,and here,,,we all get each other...I'm so glad this is the first and ONLY sphynx forum I've come across!!
I dont even think its just a sphynx thing, its an animal thing! Everyone here is truly and utterly in love with all their four legged friends (furry or not, feline or not!) and understands when you want to show off the latest pic/video/trick etc etc
and yes, the love is phenominal! Its like having an extended (and far flung!) family that just 'gets you'
and again, susi said it best (doesn't she always! thats why we love her!)

susi794

Staff member
Awwww.....you're too kind. Thanks. I love all of you too.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How Sweet. I love the Lair. It is the one place I can be my honest self. I don't feel like the Crazy Cat Lady and I love the folks here.:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: