Warm! :)

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Tails' started by Silke, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Silke

SilkeV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $43,317.54
    Ratings:
    +5,974
    • Orange Sphynx
    • Candy
    Still messing around with the sale of my flat, so no news as yet on that front. The house is supposed to complete on the 1st November -- so time is of the essence now. First the solicitors (on both sides) were messing us around, and when we were ready to pull the trigger...the lender balked. Turns out the buyer's solicitor had presented them with just one lease, instead of both. (There are two concurrent leases...)
    Of course, he handed them the one that has only 50 years on it. *sigh*
    So we wait again for them to sort their shit out.

The weather decided to take a turn today, it's raining...and cool.
    BUT!
    I have a wood burner downstairs.
    Right now, I'm sitting upstairs, the heat from the burner keeping the place toasty.
    Pixie is in bed on the heating blanket, Livvy on the sofa, also on a heating blanket. (Only on 1, no more needed right now.)
    Jez alternates from sitting in front of the fire on a fleece, to coming upstairs to drop on my forearm and demand cuddles. (Makes my daily writing goal somewhat tricky...)
    But, we are all WARM and cozy, while the rain is pitter-pattering on the windows. It's bliss.
    It's 11:30pm and everything is warm. In Bavaria, the heating turned off at 10pm... so by 11 it was cold.
    If you've never been in a situation where you have no control over your heating, you can't imagine how nice it is to be able to just put a log on the fire and be warm -- on your own clock/discretion.
    The ponies got a huge round bale of hay today, so they are in their shelter, munching. (Oz does decide to stand outside in the rain under a tree a lot of the time tho. He hates rain, but he hates stables/shelters more.)
    If it continues to rain they will get their raincoats.

Of course, it's nippy in the morning, since the fire goes out overnight. But right now it's not too bad. I have my little electric heater to take the chill out in the morning.
    But yeah...heat. :)

The new house has 2 wood burners -- one in the kitchen, and one in the living room, as well as electric radiators to kick in overnight/when needed. I honestly can't wait to curl up on the sofa with the girls, in front of the fire, on a chilly evening. :)
    The mantle will proooooobably not have anything on it, because I guess the kitties will be camping out on it, for the heat. :)

Anyway, that's it from me atm. :)
    (And here comes Jezzie again to schmooze... She has really changed a LOT in the past few weeks. WAY more cuddly than she has been. Maybe it just took her longer to realize I'm not going to send them to strangers.)

• Like Like x 4
    • Adore Adore x 1
    • Hugs Hugs x 1

• Yumi

YumiSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $400.65
      Ratings:
      +936
      • Yellow Sphynx
      • Red Sphynx
      • Pink Sphynx
      • Blue Sphynx
      • Black Sphynx
      I've been in such a situation. So glad to read you're all warm and cozy to get through the night.
      So does that rule also count in winter time or..?
      Stay warm and safe hope the nippy in the morning wont be too bad.
      Just a bit longer to the new house! hang in there!
      Hope everything falls into place and gets sorted out. Toes crossed big hug.

• Like Like x 1
      • Silke

Sphynx Bucks:
        $43,317.54
        Ratings:
        +5,974
        • Orange Sphynx
        • Candy
        Yes, if it's cold, put heating on. Erica's orders lol.
        She was appalled at the situation in Germany and promptly offered me the little house here.
        I'd have gone in Feb, but there was no way to get a moving lorry in. And since I knew there can be snow on the ground as late as May... Mid May it was.
        It's amazing how this place holds heat. Wasn't cold this morning, and it's still warm.
        Alas, the weather is bad, strong wind, rain. Oz has his raincoat on and is a little happier now.
        The awning from the caravan at the back is falling down and flapping -- so Oz is not keen on the shelter. (He's not keen on the shelter anyway, now he's just less keen.) But he's fine with his raincoat -- even if it means a lot of running around to get it on him lol.
        Jez is parking herself on me for cuddles atm. Apparently 10am is way too early to get out of bed, especially when she's cuddling... lol

• Hugs Hugs x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Toa and Ross

Toa and RossGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
          $220,060.19
          Ratings:
          +19,873
          Happy to hear you have a warm place now. Hope the rest will be sorted out soon

• Silke

Sphynx Bucks:
          $43,317.54
          Ratings:
          +5,974
          • Orange Sphynx
          • Candy
          Jez is turning into an absolute cuddle monster. Her happy place now seems to be...wherever I sit. With two paws hooked into my sleeve, drooling on my arm, purring her head off, making little happy churring noises. :)
          She's only just started this. Before now it was close by, but not on me. Now it's on me, whenever she can. Comes to sleep in bed at night, if possible spooning with me. She also started following me around, talking to me.
          Now, I'd say she's cold... but it's not cold in here. The sleeping under the covers with me is new too. There are plenty of nice warm spots to sleep, the heating blanket is on the sofa, with lots of fleeces on top. I think I can rule out being cold. So maybe, after a year and a half, she's finally sure she won't have to leave.
          I think this going from one person to another really traumatized them to the point where they just didn't get attached for fear of having to leave.
          I'm so, so glad I kept them, that I found out in time how many times they'd been moved.
          So if you have a standoff-ish sphynx... hang in there.

• Like Like x 2
          • Happy Happy x 1
          • Silke

Sphynx Bucks:
            $43,317.54
            Ratings:
            +5,974
            • Orange Sphynx
            • Candy
            snoozy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
            • Adore Adore x 2
            • Toa and Ross

Toa and RossGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
              $220,060.19
              Ratings:
              +19,873
              Look how cute! Jez knows you love her so much abd feels safe with you. What a reward after all the fighting and hissing!

• Condo commando

Condo commandoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
              $17,329.86
              Ratings:
              +1,400
              Being cold is my kryptonite and it's not even close.

• NinaGato

NinaGatoGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
              $60,128.36
              Ratings:
              +5,557
              • Xmas sphynx
              Glad to hear you are all warm. Hope your house thing gets situated. But, I'm glad you are in a better situation than before. So good to hear that the girls are really feeling at home. I used to tell people who adopted an adult cat that they will know truly who their cat was after 1.5 to 2 years.

• Silke

Sphynx Bucks:
              $43,317.54
              Ratings:
              +5,974
              • Orange Sphynx
              • Candy
              STILL...waiting. Allegedly it'll happen today. But I've heard that twice before already.

In the meantime... I need some help with French!! (Yes... my french sucks.)

I want to make signs to put outside the property: "I am / We are not lost" "I/We live here"
              Because I'll be on a hiking trail with no road nearby, and I just know they'll occasionally slip outside. Which won't be a biggie, except... seeing a naked cat in the middle of nowhere, people tend to think they are lost. Hence the signs.
              "I live here" Je vis ici? "We live here" On vit ici? Or Nous vivons ici? (No French neighbors to ask!!)
              "We are not lost" Nous ne sommes pas perdus? or On n'est pas perdus?
              "I am not lost" Je ne suis pas perdue?

Which version would you put? I or We?
              (I'm thinking "I" rather than "We" since it's unlikely anyone will encounter all 3 of them...)

So... any fluent French speakers able to help me out? I don't want to make a sign and make a complete fool of myself. :)

• Like Like x 1
              • Adore Adore x 1