Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Warming Tips

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We warm Uber's food a bit just so it's not straight from the fridge cold, not enough to really cook it. We're currently mixing the meat with some hot water but I feel like the heating isn't even and I'm not sure how warm the food is getting. Something I like about using the water is that it helps with mixing the vitamins into the meat. Does anyone have tips for getting a nice even warmth?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly they probably would not notice the difference, try it without warming it. :)

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We used to scoop his meals into a zip lock baggy and rest it in some warm water for a few minutes everyday to warm it up. The last week we thought why not try just giving it cold and save the hassle. Now we serve right from the fridge! Yoda doesn't seem to mind either way :)

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks for the replies.

I won't fret so much over the temp of the food now. We will still add the water though because he's used to it and he seems to like the ''broth".

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have a deep bowl that the food bowls sit perfectly on top of (rim to rim). This means that I can feel the deep bowl with boiling hot water, and then set the more shallow bowl with cat food into the deeper bowl. I spend a very short amount of time pushing the food around and getting it heated throughout from the hot water in the deep bowl. For me, that works really well when they want heated food. I don't always keep their food, but in the winter time I do. I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@carakitty -- exactly!

See below...

zcatfudboiler.png

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Toa and Ross – It's kind of funny, because Max and Min used to love their food heated, and for the past eight months or so they wanted cold! They always keep us on our toes.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We are staying the course with the food routine. The only change is that he will be on a different formula for a couple days. Uber seems fine with the temperature and doesn't seem to mind when it is on the cold side.

meandmytwo

Lairian
When I first tried raw my boys were just home at 14 weeks old. My breeder was serving raw right from the fridge so I continued. My one boy Feeeway would shiver for awhile after eating and I never clued in. You’d think I would!

Then I read here about warming it. My method is to pour a little boiled water into it and give it a stir, then I sprinkle on lysine. It’s just enough to take the cold out and doesn’t get very warm. I boil the kettle for tea anyway.

They love their raw! I’m sure they’d eat it cold, but I like that they get the extra fluids. We had a crystal scare a while back. They get a midday snack of kibble so I’m not taking any chances. We’re happy with our routine. :)

They are not big on drinking water - probably because they’re not thirsty due to the added water at mealtimes. But I fill their water bowls daily anyway. :)

Back