Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Washing!

Shontae

Lairian
Hello again everyone! I have another question (they just seem to keep sprouting up!). So I am looking into the Hylyt shampoo and I noticed there is a creme conditioner, and I wonder is that relevant or good for my kitty? I also was looking into getting Burt's Bees for dogs paws and nose, as I had read another sphynx owner say it was great for conditioning their cat's skin. Overall, I am in the process of buying the Hylyt shampoo, a scrubby mitt, and still unsure about the creme conditioner and/or the lotion. Any advice would be great. I am uncertain about good wipes to help with eye build up and to do some light cleaning in between baths. I am starting to buy things for my kitten I will be getting in a few weeks, and I'll admit, I've become very obsessive about getting everything right! Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The HyLyt cream rinse, is, good too.
I've used it. In between baths, I, have, baby, wash cloths,
for Izmae. Just, get, the cloth, real warm and wash out eyes,
wash face, and other, body parts. Rinsing out, the, cloth, as you go.
This, is, much better, in between, baths. Clean ears twice weekly.
They, get really dirty. You, can get, coconut oil and put on
Cotton balls, to clean bum, when, it needs it.
You can use wet cotton balls just for eye's also.
Even, with, the cream rinse.
Rinse that well, also.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Shontae do not use a conditioner. Just the HyLyt Shampoo and a soft baby washcloth is great. If there are no skin issues, then you can be gentle with an exfoliating glove in non-sensitive areas of your sphynx.

Just buy that shampoo and no other products and your sphynx will have soft, clean skin.

Shontae

Lairian
@Hairless Blessing @GoldHazel Yay! Thanks guys! I've already bought waaaaaayyyy too much. Good to know I don't need to get anything else. I did get fragrance free wipes, and I have coconut oil. So I'll just need the shampoo and mitt. Thanks for being such a resource for me :LOL:!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Shontae you are welcome. :)

Do those wipes have alcohol in them? I have tried all types of wipes when my sphynx were younger and every time I tried on, ones without alcohol, ones with and without aloe, ones for human babies with sensitive skin, etc., my sphynx cats landed up with some sort of irritation on their skin, so I stopped with the wipes and won't even try any other type.