Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Watch TV?!

jwylde

Lairian
:Laugh:
I notice this constantly with Hugo- even when I first got him. He is constantly watching tv (as u can see in one of the pics on here) When I looked at my breeder's page I noticed that she had a flat screen on the floor and all the cats were infront of it watching it, like they had their own tv :BigSmile: that's great and all but after getting a new 60'' flatscreen I often find him hanging his two arms over the top and I am afraid he's going to destroy it :ThumbsDown:
Do you guys have this issue with them just sitting infront of it or attacking it, as if the guy playing football or any sport or ANY thing moving is real life to them?!?!? LOL!!

Brooke

Banned
:Laugh:
I notice this constantly with Hugo- even when I first got him. He is constantly watching tv (as u can see in one of the pics on here) When I looked at my breeder's page I noticed that she had a flat screen on the floor and all the cats were infront of it watching it, like they had their own tv :BigSmile: that's great and all but after getting a new 60'' flatscreen I often find him hanging his two arms over the top and I am afraid he's going to destroy it :ThumbsDown:
Do you guys have this issue with them just sitting infront of it or attacking it, as if the guy playing football or any sport or ANY thing moving is real life to them?!?!? LOL!!

Only one of my cats, Walter, watches TV. It's funny. I have a big screen (not a cool flatscreen, but one of those giant coffins) and he is always standing up on his back legs attacking the screen. And when we go to bed I turn on the little TV and he sits at the foot of the bed and tries to attack that TV, too. I bought him a DVD called Video Catnip that has video of squirrels and birds running around and cats meowing in the background and its hilarious to watch him try to get them. When one of the squirrels runs off camera, he runs behind the TV to try to see where it went! :LOL: He really goes nuts with the cat DVD, but he'll try attack a news reporter on TV, too...

Brooke

Banned
:LOL: Walter just attacked at spinning cell phone on a Sprint commercial.

He's standing on the floor when he does it, though, and not using nails or hitting the TV very hard...the TV isn't in any danger...it's pretty funny to me. If I had a nicer TV and he was doing damage I probably wouldn't think it was very cute...:Frown:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Brooke:"
I bought him a DVD called Video Catnip that has video of squirrels and birds running around and cats meowing in the background and its hilarious to watch him try to get them. When one of the squirrels runs off camera, he runs behind the TV to try to see where it went! :LOL: He really goes nuts with the cat DVD, but he'll try attack a news reporter on TV, too...
"

I have to find this! That's so funny!

jwylde: So far I haven't had an issue with Stella and the T.V., but that's really funny to hear about Hugo. :) We've watched Stella try to bat a golf ball across the T.V. and she reacted to a squeaky toy someone had on there. She popped up like a meerkat with that one. Also, that required weekly test they do on the T.V., she ran around and sniffed the T.V.
It would be cute to see footage of Hugo and Walter attacking the T.V. :LOL:

jwylde

Lairian
ya true, maybe it is with MOST of them because now that I see more pics - alot of other people's I notice are hangin out infront of tv or RIGHT on the Computer screen....lol- another reason why the breed is so funny and great :Smile:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Newman watches more than Kramer but our TV is mounted to the wall where they can not reach it.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Meecho gets excited in front of the tv when her video or afv is on. Luckily my tv is to high up for her to reach but once I did catch her about mid pounce:BigSmile:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mo particlarly likes ice skating, when they spin round he goes up to the screen and tries to 'catch them'. He also likes the rice crispies advert at the moment, don't know if you have it in the US but the crispies jump around on the screen and he races round the room it sends him bonkers!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He also likes the rice crispies advert at the moment, don't know if you have it in the US but the crispies jump around on the screen and he races round the room it sends him bonkers!

No, we don't have that particular Rice Crispies commericial in the US, but it sounds hilarious! :Hysterical:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha ha! I don't know how to do that. I need to get a new laptop with a camera. It would be funny to put on here.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie likes to watch ice hockey on tv. I don't watch it but if ESPN plays a clip of it she runs up to the TV and tries to get the puck! Other than that the TV only sparks her interest now an then. She's got a kitty attention span of about 5 seconds so that may be why.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Meecho just flips for animal planet and afv. My old cat loved the same thing, but the one show he would go absolutely mad for...Zena. I think he had a crush on her horse:LOL: Everytime he would see it on tv he would make these moaning sounds like he was ready to mate or something:LOL:

mercurysmile

Lairian
Our Walter grew up in a place with no TV, but a great big picture window for them to look out. Since we brought him home, he seems fascinated, and especially likes Hockey games, but he hasn't tried (yet) to paw the TV. My boyfriend is thrilled we got a cat that likes Hockey as much as he does!

NeonLily

Lairian
Phoebe watches TV when fast-moving animals are on the screen. She would rather watch Sphynxes doing fun things on the computer, however. If I put on a YouTube video of Sphynx cats- she loves to watch and will move her head along with the action on the screen!

Back