Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Watcha watchin'?

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
WARNING: Here thar be opinions! Please don't offend or be offended. If I'm critical of something you like, that does not mean I'm critical of you! If we must disagree, let us be civil and enjoy the diversity in taste. I start of with this warning because my post immediately contains criticism.
animesweat.gif

I've a thread on books and reading, so what are my fellow lairians watching? I've been avidly following Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (henceforth referred to as SHIELD; I promise I'm not yelling) since Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (henceforth referred to as Winter Soldier). I thought about giving up on it when Skye spewed some foster child cliches.

Yes, I know the foster system is messed up, and when I have my ducks in a row, I want to be part of the solution. However, I often hear "reality follows art", so why not show the foster system in a positive light, rather than elevating people who are looking for a "meal ticket", according to Once Upon A Time's Emma Swan. I think that was the episode that killed Once for me, once and for all, but I don't completely remember. After season one, plot points started unravelling, so that was disappointing.

Conversely, when I caught up with SHIELD (because a friend insisted we'd be seeing Winter Soldier opening weekend, and doom on me if I wasn't ready), I couldn't wait to see the movie, and holy-wah have the tie-ins been phenomenal! As for the aforementioned foster cliche, SHIELD worked it into something different entirely. I was just easily embittered because that episode happened the same week Once decided to condemn all foster parents everywhere.

I'm also enjoying the revival of Whose Line is it Anyway?, and a quirky cartoon, here and there.

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I enjoy trash tv :-\ lol

True Blood, Banshee, Masters of Sex and a lot of MTV. I love horror movies too...too many to list :)

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I watch way too much TV lol! I love Game of Thrones (though I haven't seen the latest episode so no spoilers!) and many more shows like Orphan Black, The Following, American Horror Stories, Family Guy, Pretty Little Liars (yes I know, very girly). I'm also trying to watch Friday Night Lights. I'm behind on basically all of my shows but I watch when I can! It's currently finals week which explains my lack of catching up

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I watch way too much TV lol! I love Game of Thrones (though I haven't seen the latest episode so no spoilers!) and many more shows like Orphan Black, The Following, American Horror Stories, Family Guy, Pretty Little Liars (yes I know, very girly). I'm also trying to watch Friday Night Lights. I'm behind on basically all of my shows but I watch when I can! It's currently finals week which explains my lack of catching up
I love me some American Horror..asylum was my fav

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love SHIELD and Winter Soldier was totally amazing!! The Cap is one of my husband's favorite super heroes!!! I'm way excited about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 which we are going to see this weekend. Game of Thrones is my first love though.... Right now I am very excited about what should happen in this upcoming Sunday's episode even though it has diverged from the books so much this season already.

2 Broke Girls is my guilty pleasure because I love Kat Dennings. New Girl is my second guilty pleasure because I love that girl too... And last but not least Fargo!!! Ya'know?? I think my husband has started talking like them folks up there quite a bit. It's his new way to annoy me.

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Vikings, Hannibal, Food shows, Bobs Burgers, random movies
I watch Hannibal but haven't seen the last bunch of episodes. I feel like (kindof spoiler for those who don't watch) him in prison is making the plot line a bit boring. I'm not enjoying it as much as I did first season.

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love SHIELD and Winter Soldier was totally amazing!! The Cap is one of my husband's favorite super heroes!!!
Despite all they've given us, I'm salivating over the prospects of future tie-ins! And is it just me, or was the location of Fury's secret base a blatant nod to X-Men? Particularly, another certain secret base that experiments/-ed with adamantium?

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I can guarantee you, that 95% of the time, if my TV is on, or the computer or ipad has a show playing, it is the Big Bang Theory. I love it, LOVE it, LOVE IT. It makes me laugh, every time. I think I have seen every episode. I hardly used to watch TV, but when I had my stroke and had trouble speaking, the speech therapist told me to start watching TV, and I fell in love with that show, and keep watching it to help regain my vocabulary. If you have ever seen it, I'm a little Sheldon Cooper, right here. Thanks to @Catzzzmeow who got me some additional episodes for my ipad and @susi794 who sent me a BAZINGA! T-shirt, I am never without!

Jen

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can guarantee you, that 95% of the time, if my TV is on, or the computer or ipad has a show playing, it is the Big Bang Theory. I love it, LOVE it, LOVE IT. It makes me laugh, every time. I think I have seen every episode. I hardly used to watch TV, but when I had my stroke and had trouble speaking, the speech therapist told me to start watching TV, and I fell in love with that show, and keep watching it to help regain my vocabulary. If you have ever seen it, I'm a little Sheldon Cooper, right here. Thanks to @Catzzzmeow who got me some additional episodes for my ipad and @susi794 who sent me a BAZINGA! T-shirt, I am never without!

Jen

Big Bang is a MUST in our house. We even get the seasons on netflix to insure we don't miss any of them.

We are watching Super Naturals.

susi794

Staff member
I watch The Voice, Call the Midwives, Downton Abbey, Big Bang Theory, and old tv series like JAG, Ally McBeal, the Waltons, lots of other things. I hate sci fi and horror shows....extreme violence makes me ill!

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I hate sci fi and horror shows....extreme violence makes me ill!
The worst I ever saw was RoboCop (1987). Sort of. I didn't even make it to the part where he becomes RoboCop. But I cannot live without my science fiction and fantasy. Star Wars dominated my middle school years, and I obsessed over Stargate in high school. In reading, I was all about The Dragonriders of Pern. I will maintain until the end that these books are science fiction, even though people complain, "But dragons are fantasy!" Well, um, sure...if Smaug was bioengineered, I won't argue. It probably goes without saying that I read Harry Potter, but I haven't been too crazy about the movies. If we must have an adaptation, I've always wanted an animated/CG BBC mini-series.

btfeick1973

Lairian
Games of Thrones right now and impatiently waiting for Walking Dead to return (only 4 more months to go).
Love Whose Line - always makes me laugh!
Mike and Molly, Two Broke Girls, Chopped, Hell's Kitchen, etc.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We finished Breaking Bad a few months ago, and haven't really found anything to replace it yet.

I am an avid watcher of Dallas and Mad Men.

And I recently discovered that the ENTIRE series of the original Beverly Hills 90210 is on Netflix. I am in my 1990s heaven.

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've watched two versions of Mansfield Park, though I haven't read the book. I'm thinking about giving the 1983 version a go. Tis on netflix.

Tiffany_Kay

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Currently watching House on Netflix. And getting ready for Christina to say good bye on Grey's Anatomy. Waiting for Doctor Who to come back and finished Dexter and Breaking Bad on Netflix not to long ago... And How I Met Your Mother had its series finale not to long ago as well so now Monday nights feel empty.

Back