Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Watery Stool

NoonySphynx

Lairian
advice needed please!
I have an 8 month old sphynx who has had the same diet since I’ve had him. A mix of wet and dry. When I went away for a few days my grandma fed him the same brand but it said “kitten” since he’s been eating that his stool has been like liquid. As soon as I was back I switched it immediately back to what he is used to but his stool is still the same 2 days later. I was wondering if there is any need for concern or whether it was definitely the food. I ask this because I also adopted a furry kitten on the 8th who came from a bad home and was covered in fleas. I treated the fleas and wormed him and kept Henry (sphynx) away from him for a few days and the kitten is now in 100% fit health and they are getting on really well. Im just concerned the kitten has passed something on to him.

The kittens stool is absolutely normal and they are both happy and playing. Henry’s personality hasn’t changed at all and he’s still running around as he always has.

Should I take him to the vet or wait a couple more days? And is it just coincidence that he was fed other food around the time I adopted this kitten?

Any advice appreciated

Yoda mom

Staff member
Glad they are getting along great!
It very well could be the food ... these kitties are known for sensitive tummies
you can ask you vet about it , amd or withholding food overnight to let the system reset itself

I think @Zab did this recently ?

For peace of mind you can ask your vet about dropping off a stool sample from both

Sheldon13

Staff member
Definitely could be the food. Could also be giardia or something from the other kitty. Most vets will let you take a stool sample in and will test it without having to see the kitten first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad they are getting along great!
It very well could be the food ... these kitties are known for sensitive tummies
you can ask you vet about it , amd or withholding food overnight to let the system reset itself

I think @Zab did this recently ?

For peace of mind you can ask your vet about dropping off a stool sample from both
Yes I think that sometimes kitten food makes them more runny too. Mine are becoming 1 yrs old and I'm fasing out the kitten food as we speak. But I tried boiling some white fish (cod) and give them when the poop is loose. They don't always eat it. I just take away the wet food all together so the tummy can rest. Sometimes I give them some pumpkin puré, just a little. The most important thing is that they get fluids during this. Two of my three babies are a bit sensitive so now I'm trying Hills as recommended by the vet. My personal preference would be raw but it has to be introduced slowly. A poop sample is a good idea, just to rule out something else. Maybe your baby was just a bit stressed out when you weren't there? Good luck and keep us posted.
/Zab

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi ! I think to ease your own mind take a sample , he could have eaten something your not aware of Bagins is always pinching food from Alfie our little doggie .. if he is running around and playing it won’t be anything serious or it shouldn’t be I should say .. keep us informed xxx❤️❤️Xxx

NoonySphynx

Lairian
Thank you so much for all the replies. I’ve gotten home from work to find there’s now blood traces in it so I’m taking him into the vets because it’s been 5 days now and I’m worried about dehydration and well as him not getting the right nutrients. Will update in a few hours after our visit. Thank you again!!! xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NoonySphynx good momma .. always best for a vet visit !
Bring a stool sample in case they want to check to rule out any parasites that is not all that uncommon ...

Mention that he had a recent change of food too

Follwojg closely for updates
Positive vibes and head smooches to Henry

Back