Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

We are in our new HOUSE!!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
We got all that we could get done today - DONE! Snuffie is here with us. We are sleeping on our mattress on the floor tonight. A huge thunderstorm hit and we were unable to get the frame and headboard here in time before the rain hit. So they are calling for tornados. We have a basement and all. Its raining cats and dogs right now. Can Sphynx detect tornados as well as regular cats? She has no whiskers so I was wondering how that would work. She has been calm since we got here and it is her normal "spazz out" time. But I don't know if she is extra spazzy cuz of the rain and new place or what. I wasn't nervous about the weather until she started going wacko on me. lol This house is a hot mess with boxes EVERYWHERE and I can't wait until its all sorted out. Atleast my internet and cable are working!!:ThumbsUp:

ps: My wish for the night is that the move fairy comes and moves everything and puts it right where i want it before I wake up tomorrow!:LOL::ThumbsUp:

Treespirit

Lairian
Yay! Congratulations on moving in!! I know what an exhausting task it is having moved 4 times in 4 years! I hope you get settled very very soon. It sounds like Snuffie is already feeling at home, which is great. :ThumbsUp: Good luck with the weather.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thanks, I think she is doing pretty good. She used the litter box and once when I came back from picking up another load she was sleeping in her bed so I'm thinking she is doing pretty good. She is defintley checking out all the boxes tho!! lol

J

Jinxlover

Happy you made it sane..lol
I hate moving it makes me crazy, I would never move if i could get away with it..

susi794

Staff member
My wish for the night is that the move fairy comes and moves everything and puts it right where i want it before I wake up tomorrow!:LOL::ThumbsUp:

If the little bugger shows up, tell him I've been waiting for him to come to my place for years, and he better move his tookas right over to my house when he's done at yours!:Wink: I don't envy you all the work--it's exhausting to move. But, duhhh... you know that already! Wish we all lived close enough to have a help you move in party. Try to get some good rest and sure do hope the tornados stay away!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sane?? lol that is questionable. Jimmy wants to have a few drinks and I'm freakin beat like a red headed step child! I'm already dehydrated and feeling like crud and we still have some stuff to move tomorrow so I'm thinking, NOT!! I'm not about to move stuff when I'm hungover cuz I hate moving anyhow even when I'm feeling great! argh!!!! Just glad I can lay down soon and sleep!!

holly_savage

Banned
Good for you Christina. Glad you at least got the mattress in!

Oh and btw...don't know if you heard but the Moving Fairy Union has been on strike for a few years now...something about holding out for better dental coverage!:LOL::LOL:

Enjoy your evening! And don't work too hard!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Oh and btw...don't know if you heard but the Moving Fairy Union has been on strike for a few years now...something about holding out for better dental coverage!:LOL::LOL:

:LOL::LOL::Hysterical::LOL::LOL: No doubt! I used up all their coverage last year when I made myself get all of my teeth fixed! $5000 worth! :Dizzy:I'm deathly afraid of the dentist and I promised myself if I got all my teeth fixed then I could get a Sphynx!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
And Snuffie was worth every SHOT and DRILL you had to have...Right.:Adore::Adore:

Yes she was! If it wasn't for valiums and nitrice gas i wouldn't have made it thru. Luckily my dentist works with high anxiety patients such as myself and talked me thru the whole thing. She referred me to a surgeon for having my wisdom teeth out. OMG! That was god awful. The actual surgery wasn't so bad. But all 4 of mine were impacted and had to be cut out. I still have hard scar tissue in the back of my mouth from it. It was awful. My whole face had swollen and turned black n blue! lol It was insane! Thank god for Jimmy and prescription drugs to get me thru it! lol:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Its been defintley trying on me. I've been working up to 16 hr days painting for 4 days straight then we started moving on Thursday and finally got everything to the new place last night! The house was such a mess with boxes everywhere that you could hardly walk anywhere. I took my time today clearing them out and sure enough, I only have about 7 more boxes to figure out where stuff goes and I'm done. Then I'll get my decor up and I'll post a few pics. We moved into a smaller house but I guess we can make it work. I'm just so glad we have everything here and I can atleast work on it in my own time. I havent been eating right this past week and I'm worried I've messed up my blood sugar or something. I've been having fainting and dizzy spells and maybe it was just too much heavy lifting and "go go go" but I'm feeling a little better tonight. Just really sore and could use a massage and maybe a back realignment! lol

Snuffie has settled in nicely. She found a bread tie tonight and was playing with it and I took it away because I was scared she would eat it. Well for some reason I put it in a box on the kitchen table instead of throwing it away and I'll be darned if that little turkey didn't pull it right back out of the box and start playing with it again! Of course this time I tied it to another bread tie and let her play with it while supervised. lol Gotta get a few laughs in now that most of our work is done.

Back