Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

⁹We are the Coldest Place on Earth Tmrw

Yoda mom

Staff member
warm thoughts your way!!!! wow!!!! yikes!!! cuddle tight together!
keep us updated!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MollysMom warm hugs n head smooches... sending Florida heat wave thoughts your way!!!!
following closely for updates ...

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Wow that’s cold! Perfect snuggling weather for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MollysMom hello, thinking warming thoughts for you and the nakids!
let us know u guys are okay in that bitter cold ..brrrrrrr
I always worry about utilities being impacted

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yup, it is cold here too! My Raphael is mostly laying on the heat register under a blanket. She comes out to eat and play a bit. She seems to be annoyed at me! It’s not my fault! Her kitty litter is in the basement, always a little cooler down there. I noticed she didn’t bury anything today, just did her business and went back to her heat register and blanket!

She has joined me in the living room right now and is snuggled under a blanket looking out the window. -37 is a bit too cold for me too.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MollysMom @Annejo12
checking in. to make sure your fingers and toes are not frost bitten.... I used to think living in Colorado was cold! yikes... did I read right -67, -37?? curious what is the lowest the thermometer reads before it maxs out ?

here in FLorida they think it's freezing when it is 50 F degrees... thats s more than a 100 degree difference! wow
I cannot even imagine.. I am sure the trade off is the beautiful country you live in :)

sending continued warming thoughts!

hugs and head smooches to all paws!
what adorable pics!

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@MollysMom @Annejo12
checking in. to make sure your fingers and toes are not frost bitten.... I used to think living in Colorado was cold! yikes... did I read right -67, -37?? curious what is the lowest the thermometer reads before it maxs out ?

here in FLorida they think it's freezing when it is 50 F degrees... thats s more than a 100 degree difference! wow
I cannot even imagine.. I am sure the trade off is the beautiful country you live in :)

sending continued warming thoughts!

hugs and head smooches to all paws!
what adorable pics!
Thank you so much. It has warmed up to -28 Celsius! It looks beautiful with the sun shining. I was out in the -42 and was surprised at how the air sounded. Almost eerie!

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just curious, do you have a backup generator? Or just a friend’s house to go to if your heat fails?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Breeze

Lairian
Thank you so much. It has warmed up to -28 Celsius! It looks beautiful with the sun shining. I was out in the -42 and was surprised at how the air sounded. Almost eerie!
Next week will be so much nicer here for us, can’t wait!

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We made it through.

The school buses were cancelled for a whole week (but schools remained open).

It was as low as -47 celcius with the windchill I think. I have a special parka and big sorel boots that come out a few days a year when this happens.

Kitties would run away any time the front door opened. They loved that the furnace was blowing hot air for pretty much the whole week from the vents.

It warmed up to -26 celcius and it was like oh, it's nice outside!

It is supposed to swing back up to +1 degree on Monday... It will feel like tshirt weather haha.

Yoda mom

Staff member
woo hoo +1 on the way ! :)
warming thoughts continue to all!