Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

⁹We are the Coldest Place on Earth Tmrw

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wish us luck! Looking at lows of -55 degrees Celcius (or -67 degrees Farenheit) tmrw with the windchill. I am guessing kitties won't be laying in the windows. Glad they have each other and a ton of blankets to keep warm. Gotta love living on the Canadian prairies!
20191113_101030.jpg
20200102_171604.jpg
20190826_001812.jpg
20190925_012205.jpg

Attachments

• 20200112_220110.jpg
    20200112_220110.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 14

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yup, it is cold here too! My Raphael is mostly laying on the heat register under a blanket. She comes out to eat and play a bit. She seems to be annoyed at me! It’s not my fault! Her kitty litter is in the basement, always a little cooler down there. I noticed she didn’t bury anything today, just did her business and went back to her heat register and blanket!

She has joined me in the living room right now and is snuggled under a blanket looking out the window. -37 is a bit too cold for me too.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MollysMom @Annejo12
checking in. to make sure your fingers and toes are not frost bitten.... I used to think living in Colorado was cold! yikes... did I read right -67, -37?? curious what is the lowest the thermometer reads before it maxs out ?

here in FLorida they think it's freezing when it is 50 F degrees... thats s more than a 100 degree difference! wow
I cannot even imagine.. I am sure the trade off is the beautiful country you live in :)

sending continued warming thoughts!

hugs and head smooches to all paws!
what adorable pics!

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MollysMom @Annejo12
checking in. to make sure your fingers and toes are not frost bitten.... I used to think living in Colorado was cold! yikes... did I read right -67, -37?? curious what is the lowest the thermometer reads before it maxs out ?

here in FLorida they think it's freezing when it is 50 F degrees... thats s more than a 100 degree difference! wow
I cannot even imagine.. I am sure the trade off is the beautiful country you live in :)

sending continued warming thoughts!

hugs and head smooches to all paws!
what adorable pics!
Thank you so much. It has warmed up to -28 Celsius! It looks beautiful with the sun shining. I was out in the -42 and was surprised at how the air sounded. Almost eerie!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Just curious, do you have a backup generator? Or just a friend’s house to go to if your heat fails?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We made it through.

The school buses were cancelled for a whole week (but schools remained open).

It was as low as -47 celcius with the windchill I think. I have a special parka and big sorel boots that come out a few days a year when this happens.

Kitties would run away any time the front door opened. They loved that the furnace was blowing hot air for pretty much the whole week from the vents.

It warmed up to -26 celcius and it was like oh, it's nice outside!

It is supposed to swing back up to +1 degree on Monday... It will feel like tshirt weather haha.

Back