- Sep 8, 2009
Our first house together! We still have so much to do! Apparently the first two inspections went fine, but the third inspector found some BIG things! Since it was built in 1902(??) it has NO INSULATION! We found that out when the inspector tried to get into the attic and there was no entrance to it anywhere! Also, the carbon monoxide was not being vented out of the house.(Shawn quickly fixed that though) AND since the siding was so old it had asbestos. Thankfully though the sellers gave us money for all that and took some off the price! We plan on blowing insulation into the walls and just covering the old siding with new.(I think it would bee safer than dealing with the possibility of being exposed to the asbestos while pulling it down). OTHERWISE, the house is ADORABLE! We plan on decorating it Victorian.(It is decorated 50's/60's/70's at the moment.Shag carpet and all!) George will be getting a room that probably was a nursery.(It's very small) We will be decorating his room with Beatles decorations. Since Shawn is an Art professor/artist we are making half the basement into his darkroom and the other half into a 50's theater/diner.(Shawn found old movie theater seats for $10 a piece on Craigslist!) I'm very excited/scared. I will make sure to put up an album.