Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

We need your prayers and well wishes!

PitRottMommy

Banned
Many of you know that we're looking for a new baby to add to our family. My cat, Baldwin, needs a friend and we're ready to get one for him.

I have been avidly searching rescues, craigslist, kijiji, hoobly, petfinder, etc. I've been let down each time, sometimes miserably. I prayed that God would lead us to the right baby (or babies).

Tonight, I awoke and couldn't get back to sleep...and chose to get online. I began fiddling around and checking all the normal sources...and decided to check Petfinder. I found two newly listed cats named Juno and Dexter and clicked on their link. My jaw hit the floor and my heart jumped...

THEY ARE BALDWIN'S BROTHER AND SISTER FROM THE SAME LITTER.

I am asking that everyone please say a prayer and send your well-wishes our way. We would love nothing more than to take these babies and give them a forever home with their brother, Baldwin.

Sami

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What is the chances of that! Good luck we wish you well on this one! Keep us posted.:ThumbsUp:

PitRottMommy

Banned
What is the chances of that! Good luck we wish you well on this one! Keep us posted.:ThumbsUp:

I know! It was a litter of 4 and we'd been hoping to get the OTHER male but took Baldwin instead. Hell, why NOT have both?! lol.

After I'd seen the pictures, I waited for my fiancee to get home and handed him the computer with the picture of the two cats and said, "Notice anything?". The eyes on the female are a dead ringer...look just like Baldwin's. His jaw dropped and he said, "OMFG, ARE THOSE BALDWIN'S BROTHER AND SISTER?!".

I'm hoping this adoption is for us. It just couldn't get any better.

Brooke

Banned
PittRottMommy,

Good Luck!! Any of us who have tried to find our sphynx babies the unconventional way (i.e. - not through a breeder) know that it means literally searching multiple sites every single day, sometimes for months. It always seems like the right one(s) come along just when you need them most...

That's how Walter came to me - 3 weeks after losing Harold, 3 months after losing my beloved dog, Virgil, and I didn't know what was getting me out of bed in the mornings.

Walter and I are crossing our fingers and toes! I'm thinking about starting a new search soon, too!

PitRottMommy

Banned
PittRottMommy,

Good Luck!! Any of us who have tried to find our sphynx babies the unconventional way (i.e. - not through a breeder) know that it means literally searching multiple sites every single day, sometimes for months. It always seems like the right one(s) come along just when you need them most...

That's how Walter came to me - 3 weeks after losing Harold, 3 months after losing my beloved dog, Virgil, and I didn't know what was getting me out of bed in the mornings.

Walter and I are crossing our fingers and toes! I'm thinking about starting a new search soon, too!

You will totally understand our dilemma: we're so afraid of adopting an HCM positive sphynx. The best part about this is that we know the history on them--we know where they came from, have every bit of detail needed and (with any luck) I may be able to get ahold of the past owners and speak with them about idiosyncracies and allow them to visit if they're ever in town. The babies are still 3000 miles away from us, but I'm hopeful.

Brooke

Banned
You will totally understand our dilemma: we're so afraid of adopting an HCM positive sphynx. The best part about this is that we know the history on them--we know where they came from, have every bit of detail needed and (with any luck) I may be able to get ahold of the past owners and speak with them about idiosyncracies and allow them to visit if they're ever in town. The babies are still 3000 miles away from us, but I'm hopeful.

You're right, I took a gamble with Walter, having just learned a HUGE lesson with Harold, and not having a history on Walter, but I just knew that couldn't happen to me again so soon. I know, pretty naive thinking on my part, but it worked out for the best - he's healthy as can be! (whew). I just checked out those kitties on petfinder - so CUTE!! The gray one looks just like Baldwin. How cool would it be for them to get reunited with their brother!?!

PitRottMommy

Banned
You're right, I took a gamble with Walter, having just learned a HUGE lesson with Harold, and not having a history on Walter, but I just knew that couldn't happen to me again so soon. I know, pretty naive thinking on my part, but it worked out for the best - he's healthy as can be! (whew). I just checked out those kitties on petfinder - so CUTE!! The gray one looks just like Baldwin. How cool would it be for them to get reunited with their brother!?!

That's his sister. They share the same eyes (and I'll bet she's ornery as hell, just like he is! lol).

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, PittRott, what's the chance of seeing Baldwin's brother and sister on petfinder.com of all places? Sounds like kismet to me....I'll keep my fingers crossed that the path will be clear for you and your fiance to adopt these two sweethearts!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Prayers that you get both of the cats.
I sure hope I find the right sphynx for me. I will be looking for another sphynx to show very soon.
I had a breeder play games with me before even though I had met her and everything.
I emailed her all time and she sent a email when the kittens were born and everything seemed fine then she quit answering my email.
Then asked if anyone knows a good breeder in a cat group I am in and someone did know a good breeder.
So I got Cleo.

PitRottMommy

Banned
Many of you know that we're looking for a new baby to add to our family. My cat, Baldwin, needs a friend and we're ready to get one for him.

I have been avidly searching rescues, craigslist, kijiji, hoobly, petfinder, etc. I've been let down each time, sometimes miserably. I prayed that God would lead us to the right baby (or babies).

Tonight, I awoke and couldn't get back to sleep...and chose to get online. I began fiddling around and checking all the normal sources...and decided to check Petfinder. I found two newly listed cats named Juno and Dexter and clicked on their link. My jaw hit the floor and my heart jumped...

I am asking that everyone please say a prayer and send your well-wishes our way. We would love nothing more than to take these babies and give them a forever home with their brother, Baldwin.

Sami

UPDATE!

We have been contacted by the rescue and our application has been reviewed and we've been approved baring our references check out (which they will). So, unless something unexpected happens--we're bringing two babies home this weekend. I'd like to think I will hear a final answer tonight...but I provided 12 references instead of 3...the rescue may be stuck working double time to call everyone, lol.

PitRottMommy

Banned

Sami

Forever home granted! We will be driving the 1000 miles to Kentucky to collect the newly named Buck and Buffy on Friday night and returning on Sunday.

Thanks everyone for your support!!
BB.jpg

Brooke

Banned
Forever home granted! We will be driving the 1000 miles to Kentucky to collect the newly named Buck and Buffy on Friday night and returning on Sunday.

Thanks everyone for your support!!
BB.jpg

Long drive, but worth every minute! You'll have time to make each of them a sweater on the way, hehe... That's awesome!

I wonder if Baldwin is going to recognize his long lost brother and sister. Did the shelter know that you have their brother already, and do you think that was a deciding factor? I'm going to guess that it was.

PitRottMommy

Banned
It was a huge deciding factor...plus my 12 references. lol. When I told her where they came from and showed her pictures, there was no denying. The breeder, who was unaware they were in rescue, also pitched in and basically said: "These are my babies, I can prove it, Sami has the male to these two babies and I want them placed in her care". Since she still owned the cats, by law, everyone came to an agreement that it was in the cats' best interest and we were chosen.

Kismet. Perhaps I'll make Buffy's middle name Kismet just for the sake of doing it.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Wow how things happen for the reasons they do! Congrats and have A safe trip!!!!:ThumbsUp: Can't wait to hear about the reunion.

Moonstone

Lairian
I'm so happy fo you and your 4 feet family !

Have a good trip and I'm sure everything will be ok.

:ThumbsUp:

Awaiting news and pictures of the 4 feet family first meet !
:Hysterical:

Back