Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Weird spots above eye :(

Marcin92

Lairian
Hi, my 6months baby developed some dark spots on her face mainly above her right eye. I dont really like the way it looks however my main concern is healthwise if it could be something serious? It doesnt seem to bother her, its just dark spots no bleeding or cuts/sores. Any advice how to get rid of it? Thank You sphynx lovers!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403658737.587958.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Staff member

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I think it looks like pigmentation also. But, if you
think it might be something different, or it worries you
I would take her to the Vet. I would try to keep her out of direct sunlight.

Marcin92

Lairian
Thank You for all answers :) It doesnt bother me or her, but if i notice something i will bring her to vets :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
What a adorable baby face -- love your babies nose ! I agree it looks like pigmentation and to vet check to confirm.

Does your baby sit in the sun? I had to check the windows at different times of day and see how much potential sun time they were trying to sneak in :)

I put the blinds down in the front window and had to rig the blind cord so there was no chance of tangling..

I found a few windows not in direct sun for the entire day.. I set up a bench with favorite bed/ kitty tree , interactive toys, to make those windows the favorite spots.

You have an adorable baby girl!

I have rehome black Sphynx just over a year old with no pigmentation yet ..
And a rehome 3 1/2 year old black Sphynx that I just adopted that was vet checked for a very large area of one sided pigmentation after sunning..

I guess it can be like peeps -some of us get more age /sun spots than others :)

The suggested links are a great read..

Keep is posted!

Marcin92

Lairian
Yes she loves sitting on top of arm chair which is standing outside the window. Our flat has 3 walls made of glass windows so its hard to keep them away fron them. Cats go under blinds just to be close to sun :p would those spots be caused by a sunny weather? Thanks :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Yep that could easily case the spots. Our Azura is getting spots on her tail as we speak just from sunning.

Patti