Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Welcome home Marceline!

Fayiza

Lairian
Yesterday my girlfriend and I took a 5 hour road trip to pick up our baby from the breeder. As soon as we saw her I almost cried, she is so much tinier than I expected for 3 months, so precious!

It was reassuring talking to the breeder bc I could tell how much she cared about the well being of her cats. She showed us how to clip her toe nails, clean her ears and swaddle her. She gave us a blanket to soothe her that’s covered in scents from Marcelines litter. On the car ride back we swaddled her in her blankie and she slept with me in the back seat the whole ride back.

At our apartment she seemed spooked and found a little shelf to hide away in lol But this morning we brought her into the bed and she slept with us and woke up in a playful mood. I warmed up some friskys pâté for her and she ate and used the litter box! Yay!

We had to bring her to the vet within 72 hours of her contract so she had an appointment scheduled for today. We live in a small town and all the employees at the vet wanted to meet her! Said they’d been waiting to see her all week ahah she was definitely the star of the show :) She did great at
her appointment too!

Now we’re back home and she is sleeping in her blankie surrounded by her new toys she dragged over to her little cocoon ❤

Attachments

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She's just absolutely precious and beautiful! Happy Gotcha day!! {} It sounds and looks like she's settling in just fine and already has you wrapped around her paw ;) Except lots of mischief and laughter from now on!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Fayiza ahhhhh Happy Marceline Gotcha Day!!! soooo cute! look forward to lots of pics and tales ! head smooches sent! wait till she settles in and her personality blooms!

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Happy Gotcha Day!! She is so pretty!!!! Congratulations on your new baby :love:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Congratulations...your life has officially been changed forever. She is beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Happy gotcha day! Your post had me smiling ear to ear. Its clear shes already queen of the house. Shes gorgeous.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations! So happy to hear gotcha day went well and Marceline is settling in.
Your post brought a big smile on my face and brought back memories of my crew's gotcha days.
Marceline is such a beautiful cutie. And great to hear she had such a good breeder!

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to see she's fitting in so well. She's stuch a beauty.

BSphynx

Lairian
Yesterday my girlfriend and I took a 5 hour road trip to pick up our baby from the breeder. As soon as we saw her I almost cried, she is so much tinier than I expected for 3 months, so precious!

It was reassuring talking to the breeder bc I could tell how much she cared about the well being of her cats. She showed us how to clip her toe nails, clean her ears and swaddle her. She gave us a blanket to soothe her that’s covered in scents from Marcelines litter. On the car ride back we swaddled her in her blankie and she slept with me in the back seat the whole ride back.

At our apartment she seemed spooked and found a little shelf to hide away in lol But this morning we brought her into the bed and she slept with us and woke up in a playful mood. I warmed up some friskys pâté for her and she ate and used the litter box! Yay!

We had to bring her to the vet within 72 hours of her contract so she had an appointment scheduled for today. We live in a small town and all the employees at the vet wanted to meet her! Said they’d been waiting to see her all week ahah she was definitely the star of the show :) She did great at
her appointment too!

Now we’re back home and she is sleeping in her blankie surrounded by her new toys she dragged over to her little cocoon ❤
She’s so so so cute!!!! It’s so exciting bringing your baby home! I experienced the same about a week and a half ago with my little boy. Congrats ❤

Fayiza

Lairian
So precious...how is miss Marceline doing today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
She is doing amazingly!!! Both my partner and I ADORE HER! She is the most well behaved kitten I’ve ever met. I am so grateful to the breeder we bought her from. We only play with her using her toys (she goes gaga for DA BIRD) so she doesn’t bite or attack hands. She started getting comfortable and scratching the curtains but we nipped that in the bud real quick by redirecting her to her sisal rope post. Today she climbed up the pole (we wrapped a support post in our apartment with sisal halfway) which was a huge accomplishment!! We gave her lots of treats for that. She sleeps with us every night, and every morning she lets me know she wants breakfast NOW. She chitters and chats a lot lol I find myself talking to her more often than not :0 the breeder trained her to sit still in a swaddle so when we clean her ears or wipe her with a warm baby wipe she is pretty zen. Sorry to go on! I’m just so over the moon in love! My heart could not be any fuller :love:

Fayiza

Lairian
She’s so so so cute!!!! It’s so exciting bringing your baby home! I experienced the same about a week and a half ago with my little boy. Congrats ❤
So happy for you!!! It’s love at first sight with them isn’t it? They are such loving creatures ❤

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is doing amazingly!!! Both my partner and I ADORE HER! She is the most well behaved kitten I’ve ever met. I am so grateful to the breeder we bought her from. We only play with her using her toys (she goes gaga for DA BIRD) so she doesn’t bite or attack hands. She started getting comfortable and scratching the curtains but we nipped that in the bud real quick by redirecting her to her sisal rope post. Today she climbed up the pole (we wrapped a support post in our apartment with sisal halfway) which was a huge accomplishment!! We gave her lots of treats for that. She sleeps with us every night, and every morning she lets me know she wants breakfast NOW. She chitters and chats a lot lol I find myself talking to her more often than not :0 the breeder trained her to sit still in a swaddle so when we clean her ears or wipe her with a warm baby wipe she is pretty zen. Sorry to go on! I’m just so over the moon in love! My heart could not be any fuller :love:
This just warms me all over to read. I’m so happy for you that you’ve found a kitty soulmate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro