Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Welcome to the family, Bear

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I posted 3 weeks ago to say that we'd lost our beloved 14 year old German shepherd, Tyr. We've been heartbroken and had no intention of getting another dog just yet but this gorgeous boy needed a home and came back with me today. He's 9.5 years old and was surrendered with his dad due to the ill health of his previous humans. His dad had to be put to sleep due to severe CPRD (his feet were bleeding from dragging on the floor) so the poor chap really has been through the emotional ringer losing everyone he's known all his life. Despite that, he has the sweetest temperament and made friends with all 4 of our cats within an hour. I'd planned to do intoductions slower but Rankle had other ideas. Luckily Bear has lived with cats before.

He's insisting on laying on the floor in the corner despite having an orthopaedic bed. Hopefully he'll get the hang of it soon.

IMG_20210627_181305.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
You are an angel to give this boy his forever home. So happy he is great with cats and settling in so quickly…looks like it was meant to be. He is gorgeous!!!!! Hoping he has a great night and has sweet dreams.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
He sure has been through a lot but he sounds like a perfect match for a such a mixed family. It's always funny how cats kind of dictate to dogs but if the dogs let them....

I'm just curious, what breed is he? Does he have a name yet?

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He sure has been through a lot but he sounds like a perfect match for a such a mixed family. It's always funny how cats kind of dictate to dogs but if the dogs let them....

I'm just curious, what breed is he? Does he have a name yet?
We're keeping his name of Bear. It's very apt. He's a long haired German shepherd.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Beckinboots , happy Bear Gotcha. bless your heart. he struck gold in your hearts and home. he is absolutely precious. give him big scritches from me and my pups. welcome to the lair family Bear! so glad you found your pawfect forever home. love the spam pics! what a face! hugs n head smooches to all paws!

Attachments

• congrats paw.jpeg
    congrats paw.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 24

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
Congratulations Bear on your new family! What a beautiful Shepherd and you’ve found each other at a moment of mutual need.

Would love to see pics of your Shepherd-Sphynx interaction. It’s my dream pairing for the future...

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We saw the physiotherapist this morning. Good news in that his CDRM is in the very early stages with barely any symptoms. She's happy with his muscle mass but they're way too tight and need some massage for pain relief. We've been given exercises to do daily and she's going to see him again in 3 weeks once he's had time to settle into his new home a bit more.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow this is such good positive news. This shall be a very good month with lots of happiness for you. I can not stop smiling for your happiness
Thanks. We were expecting worse news than this so we're very happy. We took on what we thought would be a dog with a year tops in him but seems he could be here for several years if we can keep on top of this disease. Luckily it's been caught really early. We'll be looking into hydrotherapy for him once he's been introduced to water. Smells like he's never had a bath :0:sick:

Back