Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Welcoming lil boy soon

Bustamante01

Lairian
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are welcoming our first sphynx into our home on September 1st. Do you guys have any recommandations as it concerne food, cat tree.. Anything i need to know.

Plus, if you got any suggestions for a mâle name, don't be shy! :)
Here's a pictureof our lil boy.

Thank you, Catherine
gremlin.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
Hi Catherine ,Looking forward to your journey with us!
You will get lots of great advice and tips here -
We all help each other on this a,along sphynx life journey :)

The name will do,e to you! Keep writing them down :)
I like Oacar , perhaps a gargoyle name like Dedo- he is the cutest friendly gargoyle ,
Batman, perhaps a name for bald or naked in a foreign language ?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Bustamante01 hi there, welcoming you again. Your kitten is so adorable. I just love that photo the way he's laying there like that. :)

Whatever food you decide to feed him, just switch him slowly. I found that I always had to switch foods so slowly that it took months to convert over to a new one. Otherwise, their stomachs would really act up. You'll have to be the judge of that by observing the litter box.

It's going to be a difficult time waiting to bring him home, but do lots of shopping now to get ready for Gotcha Day and that will keep you busy. Check out my favorite sphynx toy list:

*GoldHazel's favorite sphynx TOY list*

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair. Your baby to be is adorable. Here is a great section that is filled with great information. Looking forward to seeing you become an active member in the community. Sphynx Cat Help Center

Patti

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome. OMG, your naked is gorgeous. So so so so cute. You must be so excited.

For food -- as best as you can afford, wet grain free. But keep him on the same food as the breeder for a few weeks and transition slowly.

For cat trees -- these guys are climbers. They love to climb high, so definitely a towering cat tree would be great. Carpet covered tends to be better for gripping than that softer fabric type covering.

Some great links above. Let us know if you have any other specific questions!

Congrats!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Handsome little Gentleman, he is.
Big ears. Reminds me of another member's baby
when she got him. So cute. His name is Nipsey.
He came from another lady here. Enjoy the site.
It's the greatest.

lizzybether

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What a cutie pie!! Welcome to the lair! Happy to have you join us!