Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Went camping and brought Butternuts

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello everyone. I went camping this weekend and brought Butterball and Tyrone (chihuahua). We had a great time although Buttersquirts kept us up all night. He was chasing bugs in the tent. He pounced anything that moved. I even let that little monkey roam free. He didn't run off or cause any trouble but he did keep us up. That little scamper. I didn't get much video but I'll post what I have very soon.

A buddy and I bought some really cheap steaks and cooked them on the campfire. Oh my! The best steaks I've eaten in a long time. We also cooked corn in the husk. mmm mmm. My friend Steven has really been helping me out lately. He bought lots of beer and we went tubing. What a good weekend. As the cliche says, just what the doctor ordered. Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you fine people.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like a GREAT weekend! I LOOOOVE camping!! I'm envious of a weekend like that!! Glad you had a great time. Butter probably thought he was in heaven, with all those bugs to chase!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Nothing hits the spot like some much deserved down time. Glad you had a lot of fun.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you had a good time:ThumbsUp: Sure sounds like Steven is a great buddy!

susi794

Staff member
Sounds like fun---except for the no sleeping part!

Inferno12

Banned
Im so glad you had fun. You deserve a weekend like that. Its good for your mental health!!!

Steven sounds like a wonderful friend. Im glad you have him in your life.:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Bella07

Banned
A nice relaxing break is just what you needed! Steak and corn sounds absolutely delicious right now.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I have HAD IT and need to decompress - I go to Mother Nature. There is nothing like a camping trip to slough off all that negative energy. Glad you and Butterbutts had fun. You deserve it.:ThumbsUp:

Pbinky

Banned
Wow! It's so awesome that Butterball goes everywhere with you. My boys are afraid of their own shadows. He must have been hilarious chasing bugs in the tent! Well, maybe not so funny if you were trying to sleep! :Hysterical:
Steve is a good guy. You're lucky to have him as a friend. Good friends are hard to come by. Kiss that handsome naked boy for me! (I meant Butterball, not Steve...well that depends...is Steve cute? Kidding :Wink:)

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
jealous! i'm sure kitty loved camping!! we go camping every year at the same place my fiancee grew up having family reunions at. sadly, this i cant go- gonna be home with a very pregnant bulldog. super bummed... but there's always next year!!
Glad you had a good time! and yes, sitting, relaxing by a campfire, and listening to nature is always what the dr ordered :)

jovanna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm happy to hear you and Butterball had a fun time! Steven sounds like a great friend.

Karmakitn

Lairian
YESSSS!!!! I We love to see other people who take their bald babies with them on adventures. Hanibal, our boy goes everywhere we go. Camping, canoeing...he wears a harness and follows where my boyfriend and i go. I know you enjoy yours being outside as much as we do. It's cool when they imagine that they are hunting. lol :BigSmile:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Kienna(RIP) was an avid adventurer. He would go tent-camping, for short walks in the woods with me, and just about everywhere else I could take him. I would've been afraid to take him on my kayak but that's awesome that your baby gets to go! I bet he LOVES it!

Blue loves to travel too but doesn't do well in a tent. He insists on scratching on the walls. I think he likes the sound it makes. Anyway, welcome Karmakitn!!! Glad you're here :ThumbsUp:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
YESSSS!!!! I We love to see other people who take their bald babies with them on adventures. Hanibal, our boy goes everywhere we go. Camping, canoeing...he wears a harness and follows where my boyfriend and i go. I know you enjoy yours being outside as much as we do. It's cool when they imagine that they are hunting. lol :BigSmile:
Welcome Karmakitn. Can't wait to hear more about Hanibal's adventures.