Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Went to my first show today

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Only as a spectator and only for an hour ,

Anyway, I loved it and really think its something I could do. There was only one Sphynx there, and the owner was okay I didn't talk to her for very long, lots of the other breeders were extremely friendly.

It's a yearly show about 60miles from me, so will definitely be there Spring 2011. Going to try to find another that's within a reasonable distance (and small, so I can start slowly.)

One of the breeders was heartbroken as the hotel maid had let her cat out the room and it hadn't been seen since. I hope they find it. :Cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG!!!! I cant believe that!!:Angry::Angry: I hope they find the kitty!!!

Thats awesome you had a good time too bad you couldnt stay longer!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG!! I would be furious!:Angry:

As for the show--I'd like to go to one sometime.

I would be heartbroken and blaming myself for not keeping it in the carrier, poor woman. :Cry: I hope they find it.

It was good Susan, a really small show, maybe 50 cats though some had already gone home. Lots of "do not touch signs" which I would have too, so as not to spread germs. The show people I spoke too were really friendly, the ones I didn't speak too looked a bit standoffish so I just smiles and walked by.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG!!!! I cant believe that!!:Angry::Angry: I hope they find the kitty!!!

Thats awesome you had a good time too bad you couldnt stay longer!

It was safer to leave when we did, my m-i-l can be a little annoying and I'd like to show there next year :LOL:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
At the show here I didnt see too many signs that said do not touch. There def. some people here that had a standoffish attitude!

Still lots of fun!!

J

Jinxlover

I would love to go to a show, but I don't think there are any around here.

I'm glad you had fun.. I have been told the some of the show people can be a bit "standoffish" ..lol:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I am glad you got to go to a show.
Some of the people showing are very rude.
That is terrible a mid let a cat out.
I keep my cats in a cage and put the do not disturb sign on the door.
It blew off at the last hotel and the maid came in anyway.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know, the hotel were supposedly helping her look for it. I hope they find it.

Definately going to show, once I find shows close enough. This was a CFA show and i'll definately enter it next year at that location. :ThumbsUp:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I showed at a TICA show today.
I am glad you will start showing.
I have net some snobs at CFA shows.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
that was the one in amarillo today wasn't it?

I ended up not going 'cause the wind was brutal -- I take my scooter everywhere and 30 mph gusts just weren't fun.

I now wish I had, it would've being cool to meet some one else with a Sphynx IRL.

oh well, I will make it to next year's (and I think I'll try showing 5e in the pet class (whatever the no papers class is called) )

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
that was the one in amarillo today wasn't it?

I ended up not going 'cause the wind was brutal -- I take my scooter everywhere and 30 mph gusts just weren't fun.

I now wish I had, it would've being cool to meet some one else with a Sphynx IRL.

oh well, I will make it to next year's (and I think I'll try showing 5e in the pet class (whatever the no papers class is called) )

That would have been really cool. :ThumbsUp:

Yes, it was Amarillo, there was an older lady there with one Sphynx but we didn't talk very much. Lots of others were very friendly and one lady doing household pets was extremely helpful.

We will have to sit by each other next year and figure out the whole showing thing together. :ThumbsUp:

Back