Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

We're still alive-ish [live/cat and bowel issues update]

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It only took a whole day of crying and sobbing and crying some more but I got my better half so far that he'll order a freezer later on tonight when he's back from his mom.
It'll be about 200 euro so that's not to bad I think? Although it's gonne be a bit of puzzeling how we'll manage but we'll manage. This are all the specs aka all chinees to me o_o aaaaaaall of it.
Freezer1.pngFreezer2.pngFreezer3.png
and our darling @Sheldon13 proooobably be online after we've ordered it eh?

Pfoeh I'm so exhausted from throwing a tantrum to get that freezer, think I'm gonne take a small nap on the sofa till he's home >_>

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yumi for sure it's a challenge to keep enough fresh food not just for the 2 legged family members but also for the 4 legged ones. I commend you for everything you're doing for Safira.

When I got my first sphynx I had already planned to feed her raw and I didn't have an extra freezer. At first I would buy small containers but they were really expensive. Then I found a person that was making raw food in her house for a reasonable price, but I had to drive about 3 hours so I decided I would buy 3 weeks at a time. As you can imagine, that meant most of the space in my kitchen freezer was for cat food at the beginning of the 3 weeks. As that went down, I could buy food for myself for a few days....then it was back to all cat food. It worked out pretty good considering I didn't have to buy another freezer.

Then I got my second sphynx. I finally realized I had to invest in a separate freezer for cat food. I actually kept it for 5 years until it broke last year. Since I moved into a bigger space, I invested in a slightly bigger model that I bought on sale. (EDIT: it's about the same exact size as the one you posted about below.)

Anyway here is my idea for you. To me, the quality of food comes from being fresh, natural, human grade food and not from being raw. I'm sure some people will disagree with me but I feed raw food because it's easy not having to cook it. Now, if you cook the food, you can buy it at a grocery store. It's not like raw food that must be frozen at all times. So you don't need a freezer; you just need to buy the food every day or every couple of days and cook it. You just need to buy a different supplement for cooked food. The same company that makes Better in the Raw also makes U Stew for home made cooked cat food. I don't know if it's available in Belgium (probably not) but if you can find something like this it would save you from having to keep a lot of frozen food in your kitchen fridge. Something to think about.

Last edited:

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It only took a whole day of crying and sobbing and crying some more but I got my better half so far that he'll order a freezer later on tonight when he's back from his mom.
It'll be about 200 euro so that's not to bad I think? Although it's gonne be a bit of puzzeling how we'll manage but we'll manage. This are all the specs aka all chinees to me o_o aaaaaaall of it.
View attachment 91795View attachment 91796View attachment 91797
and our darling @Sheldon13 proooobably be online after we've ordered it eh?

Pfoeh I'm so exhausted from throwing a tantrum to get that freezer, think I'm gonne take a small nap on the sofa till he's home >_>
It looks like a good one to me! And hey, how did you know my last name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
To clarify, I’m just kidding around. One of the words you used in your post is my last name. Sorry for any confusion. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Yumi hello. Checking in on you and Safira
((Hugs n head smooches ))

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I saw at Home Depot today (conglomerate hardware store) they had a 5 cubic foot freezer for $138