Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

We're still alive-ish [live/cat and bowel issues update]

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I don't like to bring bad news, no one ever likes to bring bad news.
Sometimes life doesn't leave us a choice.

The mommy cat had to get a C-section, there was a deformed kitten which didn't make it.
At this point it is a bit unclear to me if there were any other kittens besides the one that was born.
I don't feel like asking it just yet cause my breeder is devastated.
She lives for her cats with such great passion and love. There are so many things I want to say to her to make her feel better and cheer her up but yet those words are meaningless until the shock passes.
Wish I could give her a good warm hug.
I have no experience with C-sections but I hope mommy cat recovers well!
And maybe if still possible in the future a kitten from her, maybe. If not then I just pray and paws crossed she gets healthy again and can last a life time.
Cause after all, there are more then just a pet. They are our kids, our family.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't like to bring bad news, no one ever likes to bring bad news.
Sometimes life doesn't leave us a choice.

The mommy cat had to get a C-section, there was a deformed kitten which didn't make it.
At this point it is a bit unclear to me if there were any other kittens besides the one that was born.
I don't feel like asking it just yet cause my breeder is devastated.
She lives for her cats with such great passion and love. There are so many things I want to say to her to make her feel better and cheer her up but yet those words are meaningless until the shock passes.
Wish I could give her a good warm hug.
I have no experience with C-sections but I hope mommy cat recovers well!
And maybe if still possible in the future a kitten from her, maybe. If not then I just pray and paws crossed she gets healthy again and can last a life time.
Cause after all, there are more then just a pet. They are our kids, our family.
That is terrible news. I do hope mommy gets better fast. If she can’t have kittens again, are there any other queens you were interested in? Or perhaps adopting a retired breeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Sheldon13 I hope it too. Caus such a pretty and sweet queen.
And tbh, I don't have intrest in a other one, well not yet. One of the main reasons I really wanted a kitten of this one was cause she's a bit the opposite of Safira. Doll face and stunning eyes.
Safira is more the grumpy type. Wanted best of both worlds ;)
I would like to breed myself one day, eventually. So a retired breeder or fixed may be a bit hard then.
Ah we'll see.
I'm still a tad sad but I guess that is normal. I just hope mommy cat and my breeder are doing well. She's such a sweet women.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Yumi all fingers and paws crossed momcat will recover fast. Sorry to hear about the kitten. The breeder willfeel a little better knowing you support her. Hugs for you.