Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

We're still alive-ish [live/cat and bowel issues update]

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It only took a whole day of crying and sobbing and crying some more but I got my better half so far that he'll order a freezer later on tonight when he's back from his mom.
It'll be about 200 euro so that's not to bad I think? Although it's gonne be a bit of puzzeling how we'll manage but we'll manage. This are all the specs aka all chinees to me o_o aaaaaaall of it.
Freezer1.pngFreezer2.pngFreezer3.png
and our darling @Sheldon13 proooobably be online after we've ordered it eh?

Pfoeh I'm so exhausted from throwing a tantrum to get that freezer, think I'm gonne take a small nap on the sofa till he's home >_>

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Yumi for sure it's a challenge to keep enough fresh food not just for the 2 legged family members but also for the 4 legged ones. I commend you for everything you're doing for Safira.

When I got my first sphynx I had already planned to feed her raw and I didn't have an extra freezer. At first I would buy small containers but they were really expensive. Then I found a person that was making raw food in her house for a reasonable price, but I had to drive about 3 hours so I decided I would buy 3 weeks at a time. As you can imagine, that meant most of the space in my kitchen freezer was for cat food at the beginning of the 3 weeks. As that went down, I could buy food for myself for a few days....then it was back to all cat food. It worked out pretty good considering I didn't have to buy another freezer.

Then I got my second sphynx. I finally realized I had to invest in a separate freezer for cat food. I actually kept it for 5 years until it broke last year. Since I moved into a bigger space, I invested in a slightly bigger model that I bought on sale. (EDIT: it's about the same exact size as the one you posted about below.)

Anyway here is my idea for you. To me, the quality of food comes from being fresh, natural, human grade food and not from being raw. I'm sure some people will disagree with me but I feed raw food because it's easy not having to cook it. Now, if you cook the food, you can buy it at a grocery store. It's not like raw food that must be frozen at all times. So you don't need a freezer; you just need to buy the food every day or every couple of days and cook it. You just need to buy a different supplement for cooked food. The same company that makes Better in the Raw also makes U Stew for home made cooked cat food. I don't know if it's available in Belgium (probably not) but if you can find something like this it would save you from having to keep a lot of frozen food in your kitchen fridge. Something to think about.

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Staff member
It only took a whole day of crying and sobbing and crying some more but I got my better half so far that he'll order a freezer later on tonight when he's back from his mom.
It'll be about 200 euro so that's not to bad I think? Although it's gonne be a bit of puzzeling how we'll manage but we'll manage. This are all the specs aka all chinees to me o_o aaaaaaall of it.
View attachment 91795View attachment 91796View attachment 91797
and our darling @Sheldon13 proooobably be online after we've ordered it eh?

Pfoeh I'm so exhausted from throwing a tantrum to get that freezer, think I'm gonne take a small nap on the sofa till he's home >_>

It looks like a good one to me! And hey, how did you know my last name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
time goes to fast. My brain fails to understand how time passes by so fast, too fast!
So I'm here with a update ^_^ wanted to post it before but always something came in between v_v

We got a additional freezer, which is awesome.
But our cat stopped having her issue o_o Which of course is awesome but on the downside, now we have too much freezer xD (frekklesticks!)

We also have no idea how she got rid of her issue :/
We had a weekend booked so we brought her to my boyfriends sister, explained everything including the litter box issue, the raw food, the bit of kibble we've been trying to put her on (since raw still didn't gave the perfect poop we decided to give kibble yet another shot despite the bad experience in the past)
She refused to eat the raw there, nearly came out of her transport box that can be used as basket as well and only ate the new kibble ( little) and we got her back with a perfect litter box. o_O and there has been a small accident twice ever since but besides that she's doing well for almost a month straight now. Having the perfect litter box surprise gift.
(Dear lord I forgot how smelly kibble can be, before and mostly after passing her bowel, yuck!!)
So since that's going well she became more clingy then ever, like super clingy with moments. I love it!

But now we still don't know what caused it or what the issue was.
Makes me wonder, did she got scared that hard as kitten that she went bad due the stress/change and did we scared her that much again leaving her behind for a weekend that it solved itself..? :ROFLMAO::0
(Every mother feeling fiber in my body screamed having to leave her behind but I assume that's normal)
Guess and fear we'll never know, but I do hope she keeps doing well. ^_^ she deserves a happy and good bowel movement.
My little sweaty wrinkle head *smooches it*
It scares me, 8-9 more days and she's a year already!

Safira.pngYogaBirdWatch2.jpg.jpg
My beautiful big adult lady. And yet I see that tiny wee kitten we've gotten when she was 13 weeks old.

also on some fun news, we ordered her a sister. If all goes well it'll be for september-ish.
So toes crossed!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Oh yay! A kitty sister! Congratulations and I’m so glad the bowel issues have worked themselves out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yeah super exciting. From the same breeder, different mom. Mainly cause during Safira her issues our breeder didn't leave us. She stood with us helping to solve it. I can kiss my hands with her as breeder.
I've heard other stories :( ...
So looking forward!! It's gonne be that long countdown again. Or worse, the 3 month wait when they're born. Uhm assuming there is one in the litter we like of colour. I know I love them all in general but.. xD I have a slight preference to pale and points :eek:

So how are you guys (and girls) all doing, how's your babies doing?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Yumi thanks for the update!
Awwhhh so excited for upcoming little sister !
Keep us updated often!
Big happy hugs and head smooches !

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Everyone here enjoying the heat wave or suffering from it and me and Safira are chilling under a blanket :0
Recovering from pushing boundries again with my body and ignoring pain issues.

On exciting news, in a week we'll have two furballs on visit. So exciting, there'll be a lot of hissing and growling.
They'll be staying a good month with us while their owners travel. But it may be nice for her to get used to other cats and not being the only one anymore before we get a kitten. Or at least I secretly hope it helps the transition of bringing a kitten in in the future ^_^

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well I don't wanne come across mean but... Those two furballs are horrible D:
This really reminds me why I'm into sphynx and not normal cats. They're also used to the outside so that's not helping much either.
One (the female) always hisses and growls, like even if she jumps on things she's still busy growling o_O
I think she literally doesn't know better! And it's scary! And sometimes a bit annoying, my poor ego.
The male is like super relaxed but keeps his distance. Not clingy like a sphynx is. Sometimes he tries to pick a fight with the other furball.

Now my main concern is Safira herself, she seems to started to hiss at me and doesn't want to be near me.
I truly hope this is temporary, despite knowing the furballs stay here for a whole month, and that she'll return to her old self again.
She doesn't come to me anymore, doesn't want to sleep with me anymore and I woke up in the middle of the night with her on the bed hissing to us. That was actually scary since we're used that she lays with me and just sleeps. Now she just sat there hissing, stayed on the footend to sleep.
>_<
Guess that was the update for now v_v
Only 28 or so days to go... Dear god.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Yumi (((hugs))))
28 days to go...
is it possible to set up a kitty room for the furballs? So you , Safira amd the female furball are less stressed?
You could set up a room where you can spend quality time with them and let Safira free roam in her turf on her usual schedule?

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Yoda mom ((hugs))
We have the side kitchen (small kitchen next to our room, future kitten room) set up, so they can sit seperate when needed. Of course at night to avoid accidents we keep them apart.
Everyone seems to do slightly better at the moment and for now, I kinda hope it stays like that but of course there never is any full guarantee.

The female furball already come so far she comes and ''head'' my leg.. while still growling lol. Cat logic at it's finest I guess o_o
I just gave everyone some Salmon cream as a little spoilment.
and vacuumed cause holy frekklesticks, those hair balls lose a lot of hair lol.
Eh guess I'll pamper all 3 as good as I can but my heart will always be with sphynxs :p I'm not ashamed to admit that!

I am worried after a month of keeping them inside and pretty much teaching them right and wrongs that the owners are gonne get back two whole different cats o_o They'll be potato couche/sofa cats instead of hunt -let me bring you a bird head- outside cats :ROFLMAO: :0

Toa and Ross

Staff member
They'll turn into sophisticated cats with sphynx matters. I'm sure Safira will come for cuddles again when she's used to the grumpy furr balls

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Haha Toa, that be awesome if that were to happen.
Well at least she sometimes already comes back but of course curiosity still gets the overhand and she still rather go sits and stare stink face at them then come and cuddle.
We'll get there. Slow and steady {=
Good preparation for future kitten though, or at least I hope it'll help.

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So. Safira took an awesome moment to go in heat.
And despite Eddy having chopchoped balls in the past.. He still sometimes tries.
So keeping a eye out on that cause he is and stays a outside cat of course and I don't wanne take the risk...
Once they're back home I'm definitly am getting her checked out first thing just to be sure. Cause a part of me is of course worried about that.

Also, she's having some fun at least. Trying to steal fur.
I haven't told the owners yet that they may get a nude back at this rate. :eek: :ROFLMAO: :0 {=

Attachments

• StealAllFur.mp4
    3.3 MB
  • StolenFur.jpg
    StolenFur.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 68

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The cat of our breeder went into labor, so Safira's sister is on her way, hopefully. o_o
Well sister from another mother and a year apart but still..
Hmm the first was a dark girl, we would like a tan/light girl or a point, so toes crossed.
It's been over 24 hours now since the first kitten been born, no others yet.
Now don't get me wrong! I trust my breeder completely and blindly but I can't help to still worry a tiny little bit cause I'm not sure how cat births actually go or how long they can take or if it's normal that it can run up to a very long time apart.
I am aware of the other way around though - that a whole litter is born and one surprise baby comes behind :3
The breeder also took older kittens and put them on this one in labor to try and see if contractions can be called on a natural way.
Also the first time I heard of that but also very exciting, cause that's how you learn and get to know stuff and I think that's super cool :O

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Yumi ((hugs))))
And head smooches

I am not a breeder ...Not sure at what point a trip to vet for momma kitty ? C-section?

All paws crossed

Following closely for updates

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Still no news. Since it's past 4 am and we're almost tipping over of sleep and have things to do, I think it's best I go off to bed with toes crossed and hope I'll get news when I wakey wake!
Thanks for rooting along, very appreciated! ^_^

Back