Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

We're still alive-ish [live/cat and bowel issues update]

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I don't like to bring bad news, no one ever likes to bring bad news.
Sometimes life doesn't leave us a choice.

The mommy cat had to get a C-section, there was a deformed kitten which didn't make it.
At this point it is a bit unclear to me if there were any other kittens besides the one that was born.
I don't feel like asking it just yet cause my breeder is devastated.
She lives for her cats with such great passion and love. There are so many things I want to say to her to make her feel better and cheer her up but yet those words are meaningless until the shock passes.
Wish I could give her a good warm hug.
I have no experience with C-sections but I hope mommy cat recovers well!
And maybe if still possible in the future a kitten from her, maybe. If not then I just pray and paws crossed she gets healthy again and can last a life time.
Cause after all, there are more then just a pet. They are our kids, our family.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I don't like to bring bad news, no one ever likes to bring bad news.
Sometimes life doesn't leave us a choice.

The mommy cat had to get a C-section, there was a deformed kitten which didn't make it.
At this point it is a bit unclear to me if there were any other kittens besides the one that was born.
I don't feel like asking it just yet cause my breeder is devastated.
She lives for her cats with such great passion and love. There are so many things I want to say to her to make her feel better and cheer her up but yet those words are meaningless until the shock passes.
Wish I could give her a good warm hug.
I have no experience with C-sections but I hope mommy cat recovers well!
And maybe if still possible in the future a kitten from her, maybe. If not then I just pray and paws crossed she gets healthy again and can last a life time.
Cause after all, there are more then just a pet. They are our kids, our family.

That is terrible news. I do hope mommy gets better fast. If she can’t have kittens again, are there any other queens you were interested in? Or perhaps adopting a retired breeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Sheldon13 I hope it too. Caus such a pretty and sweet queen.
And tbh, I don't have intrest in a other one, well not yet. One of the main reasons I really wanted a kitten of this one was cause she's a bit the opposite of Safira. Doll face and stunning eyes.
Safira is more the grumpy type. Wanted best of both worlds ;)
I would like to breed myself one day, eventually. So a retired breeder or fixed may be a bit hard then.
Ah we'll see.
I'm still a tad sad but I guess that is normal. I just hope mommy cat and my breeder are doing well. She's such a sweet women.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Yumi all fingers and paws crossed momcat will recover fast. Sorry to hear about the kitten. The breeder willfeel a little better knowing you support her. Hugs for you.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Yumi hello
Checking in and sending

Hugs n head smooches

Btw thought of your mention of snoring kitties last night when my Toby decided to sleep behind my head , resting his head on my head with his tooth fang and snoring in my ear lol

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks @Toa! <3

And awww @YodaMom, that sounds so cute, well minus the snoring inn your ear. <3

Well me and Safira are doing well, didn't dare to stalk my breeder yet tough or ask anything about new plans.
All in good time.

I do have something cute to share.
@TwinzplayEgg (twitter) made it for us :3 I think it's adorbs.
SafiraEggCommision.png
which reminds me, I believe it is Sheldon I'll have to stalk too eventually for one of those beautiful hand drawing order.

And since I forgot if I've linked it before or not.
Here is the snoring little anti fur one xD (I hope it's ok to link, otherwise feel free to remove!!)

edit: oh yeah after that oh so sad sight she let out on the end, she turned herself arounf and happily continued snoring. lol!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Thanks @Toa!
And awww @YodaMom, that sounds so cute, well minus the snoring inn your ear.
Well me and Safira are doing well, didn't dare to stalk my breeder yet tough or ask anything about new plans.
All in good time.

I do have something cute to share.
@TwinzplayEgg (twitter) made it for us :3 I think it's adorbs.
View attachment 94478
which reminds me, I believe it is Sheldon I'll have to stalk too eventually for one of those beautiful hand drawing order.

And since I forgot if I've linked it before or not.
Here is the snoring little anti fur one xD (I hope it's ok to link, otherwise feel free to remove!!)

edit: oh yeah after that oh so sad sight she let out on the end, she turned herself arounf and happily continued snoring. lol!

What a little face! I would be happy to draw her for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So eum. This happened...
TwoDerps.png
Yeah there's a story behind it but being 5 morning I'm kinda to sleepy to type it out now.
1569467039633.png
They sort of get along but sometimes they fight really bad. I need to go read up on that tomorrow.
But yeah, this happened o_o

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Alright, so the story in a nutshell.
Nina only had one kitten and got her c-section (of which she recovered well and fast) right. Nevertheless I always keep in contact with my breeder and it has been a while and I forgot how we came to the topic but I told her I still wanted a kitten of Nina in the future.
I think my breeder forgot for a second and I can’t blame her cause I’m very forgetful myself too :p
And she was but honey, I’m gonne do Nina away cause after so many years with sphynx I wanne go into a new direction (being other variants of the sphynx like elf, bambino etc)
Of course I was in shock for a second, that meant no Nina baby!
But then she asked if I wanted to buy Nina, despite she was already talking to other people I still got first dibs.
I didn’t doubt one second, since I know Nina is an awesome cat personality wise, and we all know those eyes! Those eyes!
I am so thankful for my breeder that she loves and friendships me enough to give me that chance.
So we bought Nina! <3

Due bathroom renovation we already paid Nina but had to wait to pick her up. Cause the last thing you wanne do is put a cat in a stress situation with well more stress!
The first few days seemed to go well (Nina was back in heat) but it seems ever since she’s out of heat those two here tend to fight.

Well not really fight fight but.. Hmm how to explain. Knowing I have no experience with this and we may have well not approached it right o_o cause we thought we didn’t need too as it went surprisingly well the first couple days.
They’re not using nails or teeth as far as I can tell when they lash out.
Mostly Nina wants to go closer to Safira, then Safira hisses and growl, sometimes slaps Nina but now they really go into a loud cat fight.
Although we’ve also noticed Safira sometimes overreacts. Like when Nina is just standing close she can sound like Nina is killing her while she’s just.. standing there :|
Sometimes, very rarely they sleep together but more like when they’re really tired enough. Once they’re awake enough the hissing starts again, still mostly and only from Safira’s side.
*facepalms* the cat logic is sometimes so far to find.

So I plugged in Feliway and well about to go do some research to see if there is any way I can help them a bit more to get along.
I know they have to settle a bit on who's boss etc, but the cries still break my heart and I hope they can settle their beef soon.
Nina is a little over a week here now (9 days) and I already love her too of course. We all know the power of a sphynx getting too you!
Sadly I have to admit she’s often more well mannered then my other little brat and I hope it rubs off on my spoiled brat. ^_^
Gosh I cannot imagine life any more without my two girls. For me atm my family feels complete now. For now.
Still rooting for babies towards the summer, maybe. We’ll see!

So yeah that’s it for our major update for now! <3

Back