Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

We've been in transition.........

Ahicks99

Banned
Hi all, Thought Id take a minute and introduce RamBax and Jar Jar Kinks. Got my two kitties Thursday evening. Love at first sight. I even started crying. :BigSmile: I started off as getting one and now have two. I was a great choice and has really helped the boys adjust. Friday I couldnt even get our of bed all I wanted to do was lay there and admire them. I couldnt be happier nor prouder of them. Total opposite personalities than a Persian I must say. My Persian is relaxed and calm. I can see why Sphynx are compared to small children and monkey's. My two boys are very lively and anxious to be constantly with me. I love them soo much.

Can someone tell me how they know when its bedtime to crawl up to the head of the bed and whine to get under covers. Its hilarious!!! So I try to give them there own blanket to curl up in and NO that just wont do. If I am in the bed they are under covers with me and thats that. They wont even stand for under the blanket but not the sheet. They have to be under the sheets and all. :Woo:

Ill post pics when I figure out how too. Hope everyones enjoying their babies as much as I am. Have a great week everyone.

Hi all, Thought Id take a minute and introduce RamBax and Jar Jar Kinks. Got my two kitties Thursday evening. Love at first sight. I even started crying. :BigSmile: I started off as getting one and now have two. I was a great choice and has really helped the boys adjust. Friday I couldnt even get our of bed all I wanted to do was lay there and admire them. I couldnt be happier nor prouder of them. Total opposite personalities than a Persian I must say. My Persian is relaxed and calm. I can see why Sphynx are compared to small children and monkey's. My two boys are very lively and anxious to be constantly with me. I love them soo much.

Can someone tell me how they know when its bedtime to crawl up to the head of the bed and whine to get under covers. Its hilarious!!! So I try to give them there own blanket to curl up in and NO that just wont do. If I am in the bed they are under covers with me and thats that. They wont even stand for under the blanket but not the sheet. They have to be under the sheets and all. :Woo:

Ill post pics when I figure out how too. Hope everyones enjoying their babies as much as I am. Have a great week everyone.

Congrats and welcome! I am new also and can tell you this is the most wonderful group of sphynx lovers in the world!​

Inferno12

Banned
Welcome to the lair and congrats on your new addiction:Dizzy::Dizzy: Sphynx are the best! I also have one that will stand a the top of the covers and cry so I will lift them up. I now lift them up in my sleep and he doesnt even have to cry anymore. Its amazing how they train us isnt it???

pooner

Banned
My little guy loves heated blankets/throws. You could try giving them a heated blankie to snuggle up in if you don't want them to be under your sheets every night. Pooner doesn't sleep with us at night but I do let him snuggle in the bed if I'm napping or just watching t.v. in bed. The reason for not letting him sleep with us is he just won't calm down, he keeps walking around between my husband and I and then he always goes under the bed and meows. I think he considers it a game. :BigSmile:
So, he sleeps in the living room in his heated bed, which he loves! Although when we first transitioned him to this he cried at the door :Cry: but, now he goes to his heated bed at night and loves it there.

Gizzymom

Banned
Congrats on the two new additions!! That went fast! But probably because i wasn't the one waiting for them!!

Gizzy also has me trained to lift the blanket for him... Typical man - can't do it for himself! LOLOLOL (Sorry, guys).

Glad you are loving them and wishing you years and years of that same happiness!!! That looking at them with complete love and adoration never goes away!!! (Thank God!)
:ThumbsUp:

TotenEngel

Banned
Congrats on the new additions and say goodbye to your life!! lol

Smeagol just walks over my head as a means to get under the covers, once one paw is embedded in my eye and the other in my mouth, I will usually wake up and lift the duvet for him to get under!!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yay their here!!! I'm happy to hear you got 2 instead of one:BigSmile: Is it toilet training time????

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Great news congrats! It is funny how they love to be under the covers, I I am asleep ours will pat me in the face until I lift the covers to let them in, it is like they are asking permission because if I a not in the bed they manage to get under.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Can someone tell me how they know when its bedtime to crawl up to the head of the bed and whine to get under covers.

I think it's written into the breed standard. Congrats on the new babies, show us some pics when you get them!

JacksMom

Banned
Yes, getting under the covers is just in their blood! Jack always paws at the covers or at my face for me to let him under. He stays under for a while then works his way up so his head can stick out...I think he gets hot!

susi794

Staff member
Don't know if I ever welcomed you or not, but WELCOME! How wonderful that you have two babies! Gizzy's mom is right-you never get over adoring them. Your post made me rember the first days I had my Moody and then Habibi--I was so in love I could barely stand it....isn't it wonderful to feel that way and be adored right back?
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ahicks99 and welcome to Sphynxlair! Yes, they love sleeping under the covers with you! Please enjoy the site!:ThumbsUp:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love to sit and stare at Abby <3 Abby starts under the covers then goes to sleep outside of them at some point in the night. She can get out of the covers but needs my help to get in. So she usualy just jumps an inch away from my head and mows at me. Scares the heck out of me but it wakes me up:LOL:
Welcome:ThumbsUp:

Ahicks99

Banned
Thanks everyone all though Ive been on Sphynx Lair during the wait process. I finally got my babies home. Had planned on one, got two and couldnt be happier. Hubby says we live on a farm, really he has no idea what My Farm would consist of. This is nothing I tell him.

Sphynxie we cant start anytime Im so anxious to get it going. My Sphynx are 10x dirtier than my other cat. How I wonder??? :Dizzy: No idea its hilarious. Is that like an oxymoron??? The hairy one is a perfectionist and SPOILED wont take anything if its not in glass or a certain temp and clean as heck. The Sphynx dont care who, what, when or why, they get filthy and stinky. :Laugh: Quite a difference but all the same they are equally precious to me and my family. Im ordering another kit for toilet training so I can use simultaneously in the upstairs bathroom. You let me know when you want to jump and were off Sphynxie.

Happy Holidays Everyone

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
AWESOME. You got your babies. Dinka sleeps with me in the winter. I have a nekkid on one side and a Siamese on the other. COZY.:Smile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone all though Ive been on Sphynx Lair during the wait process. I finally got my babies home. Had planned on one, got two and couldnt be happier. Hubby says we live on a farm, really he has no idea what My Farm would consist of. This is nothing I tell him.

Sphynxie we cant start anytime Im so anxious to get it going. My Sphynx are 10x dirtier than my other cat. How I wonder??? :Dizzy: No idea its hilarious. Is that like an oxymoron??? The hairy one is a perfectionist and SPOILED wont take anything if its not in glass or a certain temp and clean as heck. The Sphynx dont care who, what, when or why, they get filthy and stinky. :Laugh: Quite a difference but all the same they are equally precious to me and my family. Im ordering another kit for toilet training so I can use simultaneously in the upstairs bathroom. You let me know when you want to jump and were off Sphynxie.

Happy Holidays Everyone

I ordered this "family toilet seat" on ebay and it should be here any day. It's great because it has an extra wide seat for kids (sphynx:LOL:) and then a regular one. My hubby pointed out that our seat is actually slanted to the inside and that the sphynx might keep slipping inside while their standing. I guess I never noticed when I sat down. I plan to start this weekend when I have nothing going on- sound good? No more poo tail-YAY :LOL::LOL:

Ahicks99

Banned
Yaaaaayyy!!! Sunday works for me. I hope they are all geniuses and catch on like a Whizzz. Nomore poopy tail works for me plus NO MORE LITTER!!!! YAYYYYY

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok so we started the toilet training and the girls are doing great! Skinderella went poo in the toilet and Nudie went pee. How are your guys doing?

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to the lair and congrats on your babies. Two is better than one, and three is better than two and......:LOL: I love their names! All 3 of my babies know how to get under the blankets, but if I am in bed, they insist that I let them in. Poopy is the first one in (always) and he is very gentle. He lightly taps my shoulder or my cheek and will continue until I let him in. Priscilla is the second one in. She chirps as she makes her way over and then gently taps my shoulder or face. Dex (furry) arrives, and immediately commences the raping of the blanket, along with kneeding and purring. Orion is the last one in cuz he is stampeding through the house. He will come up to my shoulder and gently tap once or twice and if I don't respond, he will "dig" very persistently into my shoulder. Yes, it's funny how they have us trained. I love them all fiercely, which I never thought was possible to have with an animal. I am so attached to them. :Adore:

Back