Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What a Day!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My hubby called in a panic and yelled at me to get to town NOW theres a cat in labor and they need help! (What the heck am I gonna do about it???:Dizzy:) Anyway, I get there and it's a stray "neighborhood cat, very sweet, little thing had climbed onto someone's porch and delivered a jet black kitten and was pushing hard on another one! She was panicked and running in circles with the kitten half out. Part of her panic was the crowd around her, so I cleared evryone out, got her some towels and sat next to her coaching and stroking her to calm her. She settled right down and pushed baby out. I toweled him off suctioned his mouth and he was nursing with his brother. So we called the shelter as no one wanted to offer her a place to stay and were told they were over run and would have to euthanize them all! Crap! SO I called my vet who put me in touch with a woman in the next town who rescues cats. Bless her, she took them all, we rushed momma and , by this time 3 babies , to her.:BigSmile: Her hubby is an attorney in town and she takes in strays and fixes them and adopts them out. Maybe I have a new friend?:ThumbsUp:

The thing that really ticks me off is that ALL the people in this area admit they feed the cat, they all claim her, but no one was willing to make room for her and her babies, or even take her to a vet. She didn't just show up in labor, they knew she was pregnant, how did they expect that would end??? What the hell is wrong with people??:Angry:

The lady who took them in, promised updates, so I will pass them along. I am glad we could help this new little family.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
bless you for helping that stressed out momma. it's irritating how dense some people are. Obviously sitting next to, and petting a cat will calm them down... no need to point and yell around her- obviously that would stress her out!! and you can all watch her push the babies out, but no one will offer a home?? sad!
Thanks for helping that momma and her babies. I'm sure she is very greatful for you!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
What a great thing you have done!:ThumbsUp:
It drives me crazy when people feed the stray's they think they are doing them good but realy it makes things worse. Either give them a home or get them the help they need. Also tell your hubby we are all proud of him for getting you to help:ThumbsUp:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If I would have been there I would have taken them in at least until the kitty's are a few months old. I don't see strays very often in my neighborhood but I'm a sucker. I would have probably ended up keeping them.

Bella07

Banned
Oh geez, that's awful how everyone just stood around to watch, just freaking her out more. But, thankfully she had you to help and keep an eye out, and how kind of that woman to take her!! You should feel proud, helping a kitty in need, thank you!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good Job!! I am glad someone took them in! I think it realy stinks that some of these places are so full and cant take anymore and would put them to sleep so quickly! I wish it was a law no killing. It makes me sad!:Cry:

holly_savage

Banned
Once again, a big thumbs up...to all of you out there that open your hearts and your homes to rescue those animals in need...I would love to do that, and would probably end up with a house full of animals...it's a mixed blessing that greg has pet allergies!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm so thankful you were able to go help the kitty! I'm sending you a big pat on the back for helping this stressed mamma out! I'm glad you were able to find someone who would take her in. Bless you!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bless you again for being such a superstar! Poor baby...I'm glad you were there to help her and find her a home...some people are so ignorant and heartless...i would've taken them in the blink of an eye!!

X

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If I would have been there I would have taken them in at least until the kitty's are a few months old. I don't see strays very often in my neighborhood but I'm a sucker. I would have probably ended up keeping them.
I am certain we can arrange some shipping to get em to Texas!:Hysterical: Imagine Butterball with a houseful of babies:LOL::Surprise:

Any other time I would probably offered to shelter them, and I probably still would have to save them, but really wasn't comfortable doing that with Gummi coming home. So I am so so thankful we found this lady. She also fosters human kids!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope to go visit them soon and will take pics for you guys, I am nervous about going around other cats right now, lol I don't want to bring anything around Gummi. I am sterilizing everything and acting like I just had my first baby! But I would like to have a friend close by who cares about animals, so I really want to keep in touch with this lady!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very good job, you did- all around!

And I agree- so very frustrating! We took in a litter of four or five fuzzy tykes about three weeks ago- they were behind our neighbor's shed crying their heads off for Mommy and Mommy was nowhere to be found. Problem was- we couldn't KEEP them even to foster them, so I had to look around for a rescue or shelter that would take them that wouldn't (edited) euthanize them. In the end, it worked out, but it reminds me how frustrating people are. They need to fix their dang cats!!! Gah :p

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
Very good job, you did- all around!

And I agree- so very frustrating! We took in a litter of four or five fuzzy tykes about three weeks ago- they were behind our neighbor's shed crying their heads off for Mommy and Mommy was nowhere to be found. Problem was- we couldn't KEEP them even to foster them, so I had to look around for a rescue or shelter that would take them that would euthanize them. In the end, it worked out, but it reminds me how frustrating people are. They need to fix their dang cats!!! Gah :p

Did you say that WOULD euthanize them? I hope you meant wouldn't???

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wouldn't- oops!

Our local shelter euthanizes anything that is under three pounds- kitten-wise- so I knew they couldn't go there. But almost all of the no-kill shelters/rescues were full up. I had a lady I met online with an 'in' at a rescue group get them in- so they will be spayed/neutered before going home.

Back