Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What a wonderful way to be woken up...

KushielsTart

Lairian
There is nothing like being woken up in the middle of the night by a very enthusiastic little kitty who has decided to rub his face all overy yours, completely unaware that he is covering you in slimy new eye boogers. Yumm! You can never get mad though, especially when a purr like a motorboat accompanies it. :Laugh:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's almost a daily occurrence with Ball and I. Sometimes he gets extra attention whoring and does it several times. Especially when I won't get up and play with him.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm always amused when they try to save me from becoming Darth Vader(or the alien face-hugger) -- who knows what, exactly, their thought process is:Smile:

--I wear a CPAP mask when sleeping, and sometimes (about once a week) one kitty or the other decides that they must get that thing off daddy's face:LOL:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
this brings back kitten memories... heck.. it happened last night! haha
such a realistic night in the home of a sphynx kitty.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Zulie would cut to the chase and do his best to stand directly on my bladder knowing that once I got up, it was unlikely I would make it back to bed without feeding eveyone.

Last edited:

holly_savage

Banned
Hibou's thing is the gentle clawing at me until I pull open the covers...she crawls down the one side, sneggles up between my knoees for a minute, comes back up the other side, and then reapet as often as needed till I finally give up and get out of bed.
She is so gentle with her little claws, but it still wakes you up pretty fast!

I'm always amused when they try to save me from becoming Darth Vader(or the alien face-hugger) -- who knows what, exactly, their thought process is:Smile:

--I wear a CPAP mask when sleeping, and sometimes (about once a week) one kitty or the other decides that they must get that thing off daddy's face:LOL:

Alice does that to my husband, he has sleep apnea and she feels the need to "rescue" daddy.

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
awwww theyre all little monkeys.:LOL:
Oshun my black lab is a pain in the night she sticks her wet, cold nose on my face and then keeps poking me with it until i react to what she wants. pets are all so funny they all have amaizing personalities that we all just have to smile about even when they are naughty lol:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie likes to rub her wet nose all over my face - that usually gets me up. If that doesnt work she starts tossing items off the headboard!! lol

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My favorite way for Butterball to wake me up was keeping a nice tall cold glass of water next to my bed and Butterball knocking it off onto my bed spilling cold water all over me. I use bottled water now.

sphynxsophia

Lairian
Is there any way to curb this behavior? Sophia has taken to waking up up earlier and earlier each day. During the week, my hubby gets up at 6am. And she knows that thisis time to eat so she would hear the alarm, and start moewing as soon as it went off.. OK, fine. not really what a Zombie wants to hear but doable.. Now.. she doesnt wait for an alarm. on friday she woke us up at 538am. Saturday it was 5am and last night it was 4am!! She comes in and steps on our heads. It got to the point that I had to throw her out of the bedroom because she would not lay down and sleep. So then she sits outside the door and meows..Please help me save my sanity!!

susi794

Staff member
Turn on a radio and try to drown out the meowing.....teach her that meowing in the morning doesn't bring food.

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dr. Spock did the exact same thing to me! So, I finally came up with the idea of putting out food right before I went to bed. It was enough for a midnight snack attack or his 4-5am wakeup. It worked... ahhhhh blissful sleep. Oh! almost forgot, I used the programmable feeder (for wet food) for feeding.

sphynxsophia

Lairian
She has kibble at all times..but she wants raw. we feed her three meals just as we get. She knows int he morning hubby is the feeder unless he has duty at 4am. he wont feed her that early.. i just dont understand why she has suddenly started doing this in the last few days..

And I cant sleep with a radio. Im a VERy light sleeper.. My brain wont shut off if it has something to cling to..

We are becoming some cranky people in this house!!:ThumbsDown:

megarot

Lairian
Actually Susi and Spock have the suggestions I was going to make.

I'm a super light sleeper and Frank did the cold nose touch.. He nearly got flung to the other side of the room a few times because of it, instead I pulled the covers over my face.

Before Frank I got up at 7 - 7:30. When he came along I started setting my alarm and getting up at 6:30.. then he would get me up at 6... and then it started where he wanted to wake me up at 5:30.. And that was just NOT happening.

So I began ignoring him when he would meow and I would pull the covers over my face when he would try to wake me with his nose. When he would jump on the bed and hop all over the place to wake me up I would grab him and make him lay next to me. I read that somewhere - I can't remember if it was on the forum or not. But grabbing the kitty and holding him tightly in your arms will teach him if he gets on the bed to wake you up he's only going to be forcibly held and they won't like that so they'll stop jumping on the bed unless they want to lay down and sleep with you.

Also, I leave plenty of kibble for Frank to eat in the morning. He likes wet food better and thats what he meows for but I think he's realizing that it's just too bad and he'll have to eat what he can get till I get up.

Now most mornings he wakes up and walks around, goes to the bathroom and eats a little bit then he will jump back into bed and snuggle the rest of the morning with me. Now I'm back to waking up at 7 - 7:30 on my work days and on the weekends he will sleep with me until whenever. We've both slept in till 11 am the past few weekends and he's been right next to me the whole time snoozing away.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh, my!!!:Dizzy: I don't know whats worse... that or finding pooper doodles inside your slipper & sinking your big toe into it. That happened to someone else here recently. :Laugh:

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh, my!!!:Dizzy: I don't know whats worse... that or finding pooper doodles inside your slipper & sinking your big toe into it. That happened to someone else here recently. :Laugh:

I've had poopers on my rain jacket or pee in my slippers because I wouldn't feed him at 4am! I would love him to sleep w/me but I'm not putting up with the jumping on me, batting with my chicken lips, or eyes! When I programmable feeder was set up for midnight and 4am with raw, that all stopped the pee doo-doo madness!:Angry:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've had poopers on my rain jacket or pee in my slippers because I wouldn't feed him at 4am! I would love him to sleep w/me but I'm not putting up with the jumping on me, batting with my chicken lips, or eyes! When I programmable feeder was set up for midnight and 4am with raw, that all stopped the pee doo-doo madness!:Angry:

Good idea! :BigSmile:

Back