Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What age do females stop growing?

apete89

Lairian
Lemon will be 9 months in a few days and I'm getting ready to place my winter clothes order for her. Generally what age do they stop growing? I want to make sure and order some clothes in a size up if she's still gonna get quite a bit bigger.

She's generally a size XS right now, sometimes a S depending on brand.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Both my girls wear small full grown and sometimes extra small.
I would order small.
I made the mistake of getting mediums when I first got Cleo and she never grew into them.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well if she's anything like Butterball don't buy too many clothes. He's gone from an XS to an S and he's still growing. He's right at two years now and he's already pulling out the "fat guy in a little coat" routine.

Fat guy in a little coat...
Fat guy in a little coooat..

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda had pretty much stopped growing by the time she was 10, maybe 11 months old. But she did continue to get a bigger gut for probably a year after that; which wasn't really growing per se, it was just maturing. I'd say her size was pretty much stabilized by the time she was 2 years old.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Usually about a 10-12 month or so they are finished. However, they will continue to gain weight.:Laugh:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Usually about a 10-12 month or so they are finished. However, they will continue to gain weight.:Laugh:

Yup. about a year (max) to reach their height/length but 1-1½ years more to be fully grown muscle/weight-wise.

TotenEngel

Banned
I've only ever had boys so not a huge deal of help!
but again I find they grow til about a year and tend to do a final spurt of bulking out around 18 months.
My friend bought Smeagol 2 coats last week and one of them (the medium) he can just step right out of! Hoping it will be good for next year, partly cos it says 'I'm tougher than I look' on the back! :D

apete89

Lairian
all good advice. I figured she would stop growing around a year... I'm shopping from a discount site so I figure I'll get stuff to fit her now and then I can go shopping again next year. :)

TotenEngel

Banned
With stuff I'm buying for Smeagol, I'm going with the same thing I do for kids, go bigger and they should grow into it!!! lol

lawgrl

Lairian
Well if she's anything like Butterball don't buy too many clothes. He's gone from an XS to an S and he's still growing. He's right at two years now and he's already pulling out the "fat guy in a little coat" routine.

Fat guy in a little coat...
Fat guy in a little coooat..

YouTube - fat guy little coat edited

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Twiggy (who's 5 now) has never really stopped "growing" (that's our polite term for her ever-expanding mid-section...she's not fat, she's just still "growing", lol)...although when we first moved to FL she did seem to slim down a little bit, she promptly yo-yo'd back up.

I'd just buy a few things that fit her now. That way it won't be that big of a deal if she keeps growing or "growing," as the case may be.