Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What An Ordeal!! We're Back!!

susi794

Staff member
First off, let me get this part out of the way...We are all HCM NEGATIVE!!!!! Hurray!!!
But this was one God awful trip, I'll tell you! It started off routinely enough--we left at 8:00 to get there by 11:00 ( should have been able to be there by 10:30), so we are cruising down the road....everything's fine.

Then after about an hour, I begin to smell something..."Oh no! " I think to myself..."Not Lulu poop! Please let it just be a giant fart or something!" So I keep on driving---it gets worse. So, I pull into a gas station and sure enough, Lulu has pooped all over the inside of the carrier she is sharing with Boo. It's everywhere!

I pull them out and clean them off as best I can. I use the paper towels meant to clean your windshield squeegee off, and get it pretty well cleaned off. I notice the blanket was just pushed to the back of the carrier and it didn't appear to be pooped on, so I pulled it back under them and off we go again.

About a half hour later, I smell something again....and I am hearing little scratching sounds..scratch, scratch, scratch...scratch, scratch,scratch,... I fear for the worse, so I see a rest area and pull in.

I take a look at the carrier, and if I thought it was bad last time--well that was NOTHING! Boo has poop smeared all over his face, legs, tail, and back. Lulu is covered from stem to stern and so is the blanket, wwalls and ceiling of the carrier. I run into the bathroom for some water and toilet paper and get the cats out of the carrier--on leashes so I won't lose them.

Boo instantly is terrified and crawls up my chest and halfway over my shoulder--leaving poop all over my shirt. Lulu gets away from me and runs around the inside of the car leaving poop prints for me EVERYWHERE!

I clean them up as best I can, then take the carrier and the blanket into the rest stop bathroom and clean out the blanket in the toilet, then use it to clean out the carrier. By this time, the bathroom stinks to high heaven.

I bring the carrier back to the car and take the blanket in for another dousing in the toilet, but am met by the attendant guy--he informs me that I didn't want to go in there because some idiot has taken a whole bunch of cat crap into the bathroom and now he has to go in there and take care of it....and that the idiot woman should know better than to do such a stupid thing!

I play dumb and while he's in there, I attempt to go to my car...but get out there and see that I have a FLAT TIRE!

So, I go inside again and call the cardiologist to tell them I am more than half way there but I am in trouble at the rest stop and will be calling 911 to come help --and to please still see me. They say ok, but that I will probably have a long wait while they attempt to work me in....I say thanks and then call 911. I don't know where my spare tire is, so when the policeman comes, I take out the ton and a half of stuff I have in the trunk and he puts the emergency donut tire on and draws me a map of how to get to a tire store that will replace the tire.

The rest stop attendant comes out to yell at me again and I start to cry. He says to me, "In the future if you have an emergency like that with a cat, to come and get the attendant for help." I told him, "Yeah right, you sounded like you were really anxious to help out..." I explained to him that I was trying to do the best I could under the circumstances and was attempting to return to the bathroom to check if everything was clean when I met him in the doorway and heard his harangue, so I just tried to leave. He went into the building and brought me out two baby wipes--so he would look like he gave a darn in front of the policeman.

The officer was very kind and did everything he could to help me.
So, off we went to the tire store. When I got in there they told me they only accept local checks and so I would need to use plastic. I looked in my purse, and my cards weren't in there. I had ordered some stuff online last night and didn't put them back in my purse. I burst out sobbing and asked the guy couldn't he just call my bank to make sure there were enough funds to cover it? I was late for an appointment, covered in poop, my car reaked, my tire was flat, I didn't have my credit cards, I am handicapped, and hours and hours away from home. He decided I had had a rotten enough day already and agreed to take the check.

Fixed the tire, and off we went to the vet again....

Finally arrived, waited 4 hours there to get the scans done and got back in the car to come home. I had asked for a litterbox at the vet so they could use it, but it had the pellets in it and my cats didn't like it. But no one had eaten and Lulu had already pooped, so I wasn't too nervous. I loaded everybody up and got underway.

Took a different route home and the traffic was terrible.Finally reached cruising speed when I heard it...scratch,scratch,scratch.... scratch,scratch,scratch... "Oh dear God, NO!" and then the smell arrived! Lulu strikes again!

I pulled into another gas station and clean it up yet again--it was easier this time, cuz no blanket.
Finally we arrived back in our driveway and I have never been so happy to get home. We came right in and Boo and Lulu took much needed baths. And I got a shower. Ahhhhh...there's no place like home!

Post Script: Lulu just may have saved my life--the tire had a big chunk scraped off it and looked like it should've blown while I was sailing 80 mph down the highway. Instead it went flat at the rest stop---God works in mysterious ways....lol Just never thought it would be through cat poo!
:Hysterical::LOL::Hysterical:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great news. Sounds like quite the adventure, but you still get a smacked wrist for not calling me with the results :LOL: (Didn't want to call you incase you were driving.)

susi794

Staff member
Just got to the computer---haven't even found your number yet, so figured this would be faster anyway! Hurray for Boo!!! I am totally thrilled! His heart wasn't enlarged at all--they explained that some cats have more pericardial fat around their heart (perfectly normal) and that an x-ray can't distinguish that from heart muscle. But our precious Boo is just fine--and so is everybody else! Am breathing a huge sigh of relief! They didn't have time to write up the reports or do the final measuring and will send me the reports in the mail, but that on preliminary looks everyone is easily within normal limits on everything.
So, I can live with a slapped wrist, my friend --that could be counted as one of the nicest things that happened to me today. LOL

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hugely relieved I have to admit. Boo has definitely given me a few heart palpitations :LOL:

Much love to you, my friend. Nobody deserves good news as much as you do.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YAYYYY!! That is awesome news :ThumbsUp:

Sorry to hear about your trip....that sounds like one of the worst trips ever! :( But I'm glad everything worked out and you and the gang are clean, healthy and safe at home!

Oh no Susi! What a terrible ordeal!!!! Wonderful news about the scans though! Glad everyone is back safe, sound and healthy! Who ever thought that cat poo could be a lifesaver!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am glad the cats are Neg.
Sorry you got a flat and the cats went to the bathroom many times.
What bad luck you have.
My cats never have once went in the truck or even when they were shipped here.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What a crappy day. I'm glad the scans were negative and you made it home safely. God has a twisted sense of humor and tries to give us signs we will stop and pay attention to. In this case he knew that there was no way you could ignore the stink. You were saved by the poo!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
WOW!!! What a freakin day!!!! Poor you!! I'm sort of glad all the poo happened so you didn't blow a tire and things turn out even worse but Im totally stoked that everyone scanned negative! Great end to a crappy day I suppose. I'm glad you made it home safely.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow Susi, what a story! Thanks for taking the time to share it, it was almost like we were with you, though had I been with you, I would have given the attendant a good talking to! Many times I have had to clean a poopy/pukey kid in a restroom sink and DARE anyone to say a thing to me, poop is poop be it kid or cat! lol

I am so glad the cop was nice to you, sometimes they aren't and it gives em all a bad name.

Most of all, I am so very happy for your kitties to have gotten good test results, thankfully it is not an experience you have to repeat very often!

Much hugs and hopes for a good nights rest:ThumbsUp:

holly_savage

Banned
Suzi, I am so happy to hear the good news about the cats.

And you have such a way with words that I was feeling bad for your ordeal but giggling at the way you wrote it. I am sure I would have cried too, had I been there. But at least the ordeal is over, you are safe and happy at home with all your healthy kitties. You will be able to tell and retell that story for years to come, and will have people in tears laughing along with you I am sure.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh goodness gracious! I FEEL for you! The smell of cat poop in a car is horrible- to be covered in it is enough to make me want to cry for you! I'm so glad their scans were good- I bet you can't wait to scan them next year!

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
First off, let me get this part out of the way...We are all HCM NEGATIVE!!!!! Hurray!!!
But this was one God awful trip, I'll tell you! It started off routinely enough--we left at 8:00 to get there by 11:00 ( should have been able to be there by 10:30), so we are cruising down the road....everything's fine.

Then after about an hour, I begin to smell something..."Oh no! " I think to myself..."Not Lulu poop! Please let it just be a giant fart or something!" So I keep on driving---it gets worse. So, I pull into a gas station and sure enough, Lulu has pooped all over the inside of the carrier she is sharing with Boo. It's everywhere!

I pull them out and clean them off as best I can. I use the paper towels meant to clean your windshield squeegee off, and get it pretty well cleaned off. I notice the blanket was just pushed to the back of the carrier and it didn't appear to be pooped on, so I pulled it back under them and off we go again.

About a half hour later, I smell something again....and I am hearing little scratching sounds..scratch, scratch, scratch...scratch, scratch,scratch,... I fear for the worse, so I see a rest area and pull in.

I take a look at the carrier, and if I thought it was bad last time--well that was NOTHING! Boo has poop smeared all over his face, legs, tail, and back. Lulu is covered from stem to stern and so is the blanket, wwalls and ceiling of the carrier. I run into the bathroom for some water and toilet paper and get the cats out of the carrier--on leashes so I won't lose them.

Boo instantly is terrified and crawls up my chest and halfway over my shoulder--leaving poop all over my shirt. Lulu gets away from me and runs around the inside of the car leaving poop prints for me EVERYWHERE!

I clean them up as best I can, then take the carrier and the blanket into the rest stop bathroom and clean out the blanket in the toilet, then use it to clean out the carrier. By this time, the bathroom stinks to high heaven.

I bring the carrier back to the car and take the blanket in for another dousing in the toilet, but am met by the attendant guy--he informs me that I didn't want to go in there because some idiot has taken a whole bunch of cat crap into the bathroom and now he has to go in there and take care of it....and that the idiot woman should know better than to do such a stupid thing!

I play dumb and while he's in there, I attempt to go to my car...but get out there and see that I have a FLAT TIRE!

So, I go inside again and call the cardiologist to tell them I am more than half way there but I am in trouble at the rest stop and will be calling 911 to come help --and to please still see me. They say ok, but that I will probably have a long wait while they attempt to work me in....I say thanks and then call 911. I don't know where my spare tire is, so when the policeman comes, I take out the ton and a half of stuff I have in the trunk and he puts the emergency donut tire on and draws me a map of how to get to a tire store that will replace the tire.

The rest stop attendant comes out to yell at me again and I start to cry. He says to me, "In the future if you have an emergency like that with a cat, to come and get the attendant for help." I told him, "Yeah right, you sounded like you were really anxious to help out..." I explained to him that I was trying to do the best I could under the circumstances and was attempting to return to the bathroom to check if everything was clean when I met him in the doorway and heard his harangue, so I just tried to leave. He went into the building and brought me out two baby wipes--so he would look like he gave a darn in front of the policeman.

The officer was very kind and did everything he could to help me.
So, off we went to the tire store. When I got in there they told me they only accept local checks and so I would need to use plastic. I looked in my purse, and my cards weren't in there. I had ordered some stuff online last night and didn't put them back in my purse. I burst out sobbing and asked the guy couldn't he just call my bank to make sure there were enough funds to cover it? I was late for an appointment, covered in poop, my car reaked, my tire was flat, I didn't have my credit cards, I am handicapped, and hours and hours away from home. He decided I had had a rotten enough day already and agreed to take the check.

Fixed the tire, and off we went to the vet again....

Finally arrived, waited 4 hours there to get the scans done and got back in the car to come home. I had asked for a litterbox at the vet so they could use it, but it had the pellets in it and my cats didn't like it. But no one had eaten and Lulu had already pooped, so I wasn't too nervous. I loaded everybody up and got underway.

Took a different route home and the traffic was terrible.Finally reached cruising speed when I heard it...scratch,scratch,scratch.... scratch,scratch,scratch... "Oh dear God, NO!" and then the smell arrived! Lulu strikes again!

I pulled into another gas station and clean it up yet again--it was easier this time, cuz no blanket.
Finally we arrived back in our driveway and I have never been so happy to get home. We came right in and Boo and Lulu took much needed baths. And I got a shower. Ahhhhh...there's no place like home!

Post Script: Lulu just may have saved my life--the tire had a big chunk scraped off it and looked like it should've blown while I was sailing 80 mph down the highway. Instead it went flat at the rest stop---God works in mysterious ways....lol Just never thought it would be through cat poo!
:Hysterical::LOL::Hysterical:

Very happy to hear all kitties are HCM Negative!!!! What a story! I can't imagine. Very happy you all arrived home safely.
Hugs,
Emily, George, and Flare

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so glad to hear everyone is healthy. I feel bad though, I'm sitting here laughing my butt off and glad that I wasn't you today, and still laughing even though your story got to the point of being downright pitiful. But Lulu really did do you a favor, she may have saved your life. So give her a big hug from us all cause it would have been devastating to have had something happen to you.

Though I gotta say... by the time Lulu reached the last poop on the way home I think I would have just gritted my teeth, rolled down the windows, and kept on a'driving.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just had to read this again before going to bed. **is still giggling**

From now on when we talk about litterbox accidents we can just say "My kitty pulled a Lulu." Everyone will know what we mean.

susi794

Staff member
Though I gotta say... by the time Lulu reached the last poop on the way home I think I would have just gritted my teeth, rolled down the windows, and kept on a'driving.

LOL...obviously you have never been anywhere near her while she is "pulling a Lulu":Shok::Badly2::Exclamation::ThumbsDown:
I bet you big money that you'd have stopped too! :LOL::Hysterical::LOL:

Bella07

Banned
Oh Susi, what a crazy adventure you had! I am glad that you along with your babies are now safe, healthy, and happy despite all the poop, worry, and nonsense.

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
oh no sounds like you have had a very srtessful day :Surprise:
very happy news that all the cats were neg though shame the journey wasnt as stress free poor you hope your next few days are fab and make up for the day you have just had hugs to you xxxxx

Pbinky

Banned
Holy Crap! No pun intended :Wink:
Are you aloud to call 911 for a flat tire? Wow, if we did that here in Toronto there would be a hefty fine for using an emergency line for something like a flat!
I'm so happy to hear that everyone is HCM free! Even if you had to climb mountains and cross rivers to get the news.
Glad you all made it home safe and sound.
:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Holy Crap! No pun intended :Wink:
Are you aloud to call 911 for a flat tire? Wow, if we did that here in Toronto there would be a hefty fine for using an emergency line for something like a flat!
I'm so happy to hear that everyone is HCM free! Even if you had to climb mountains and cross rivers to get the news.
Glad you all made it home safe and sound.
:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

My husband has gone to 911 calls to taste potato salad and see if it went bad, to help move a rug, and chase a bat from a house, lol, oh and my favorite, to chase the gnomes from a lady's hedge because they were setting campfires!:LOL:

Back