Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What are the cause of the red bumps?

Rox

Lairian
Paulcat has had these red bumps on his belly and hind-side (not specifically his butt) for a while and I can't figure it out for the life of me. He eats Taste of the Wild (dry) (I have changed food with no noticeable difference and am yet to try making his food which I will be able to start doing here soon), I use grass in his cat box because he is mostly an indoor/outdoor cat with very little need for a box during the warmer months. He eats out of glass...and I do my laundry with either vinegar, Dr. Bronners, or both.
The only things that I can think of is it's a heat rash? He does curl up and sleep on fleece and other synthetic materials for extended periods of time (he loves them because they're so fluffy!) or the fact he compulsively licks occasionally (again, the bumps are not specific to the regions he licks a lot).
Any advice or things I should considers? Feel free to ask me questions too-
Thank you! We appreciate it-

Yoda mom

Staff member
Is Paulcat indoor /outdoor in a catio? Or free roaming where he could be exposed to unknown environmental allergens? Could he be a indoor kitty and see if rash clears up?
Hope you can post some pics