Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What are the following ingredients please !

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello again people !
Could anyone please tell what these ingredients are ?
I have never heard of them and would like to use them in my quest to build up my baby girl Cleo
I know I shall have to make enough for our greedy guts me ickle four legged dustbin ! Or Cleo won’t get enough

My next question is how often are they to be fed the GLOP ?

Does the GLOP replace a meal or does it be given like a treat ?

How long would I continue to feed Cleo with it ?

Right what is KARO syrup ?
What is PEDIALYTE ?
I have never heard of either of them Does any one know the equivalent or uk make of the two products ?

What baby food are you referring to the jars , or the packet stuff you mix with water or milk ?
The main one in the uk is Heinz
The huge factory is about 8 miles away from me
I always made my own baby foods in the blender

I am going to start tomorrow if I can find all the ingredients
We need our baby girl a bit bigger
She is still only a baby really she is only 2 yrs old in April
Any how many thanks in advance
Massive hugs
Xxx❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@susi794 , can explain the Glop recipe best

My understanding is The glop recipe is often fed to sick kitties

I would not think of it as a meal for healthy kitties .
The Karo syrup to give them a boost , the pedialyte unflavored clear is good for hydration in emergencies . I keep it on hand during hurricane season - If I can't get to the vet for sub q fluids

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@susi794 , can explain the Glop recipe best

My understanding is The glop recipe is often fed to sick kitties

I would not think of it as a meal for healthy kitties .
The Karo syrup to give them a boost , the pedialyte unflavored clear is good for hydration in emergencies . I keep it on hand during hurricane season - If I can't get to the vet for sub q fluids
Hello love , I do understand that this isn’t something that would be given on a regular basis but I like the thought it can be frozen , so if I gave it to Cleo once maybe twice a week to help her gain the lost weight , as her eating habits of late have had me worried xxx❤️❤️❤️ But vet says she is fine ! I don’t want her to lose any more xxx❤️❤️❤️

susi794

Staff member
@Anita Eccleston Glop works great for sick or orphaned kittens or to give a boost to lactating queens. Most cats are at least a little lactose intolerant, so glop is just to supplement. The pedialyte is to help stabilyze electrolytes. The Karo syrup is to raise blood sugar (I only use it if the kitten doesn’t have enough strength to suckle). The baby food is protein, the mayonaisse is egg and oil, the yoghurt is acidopholous for digestion and maintaining bacteria in the gut. The gelatin....I can’t remember why..bones? Teeth? Claws? The milk just makes it palatable. Watch for diarreah, discontinue if it gives it to them. I have been using it for years. Works like a charm to fatten them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston Glop works great for sick or orphaned kittens or to give a boost to lactating queens. Most cats are at least a little lactose intolerant, so glop is just to supplement. The pedialyte is to help stabilyze electrolytes. The Karo syrup is to raise blood sugar (I only use it if the kitten doesn’t have enough strength to suckle). The baby food is protein, the mayonaisse is egg and oil, the yoghurt is acidopholous for digestion and maintaining bacteria in the gut. The gelatin....I can’t remember why..bones? Teeth? Claws? The milk just makes it palatable. Watch for diarreah, discontinue if it gives it to them. I have been using it for years. Works like a charm to fatten them up.
Hello there , thank you so much for your reply I appreciate it ! Cleo isn’t sick she as lost weight for no apparent reason she hasn’t been more active she doesn’t appear to be ailing (( we been the vets awaiting blood and stool results )) but vet says she is just fine ,
The only thing is she appears to not be eating enough wet food and is only eating what she would normally eat of her dry food , so maybe the glop isn’t needed I thought it would just bulk her back up a little ...
@susi794 have you any suggestions on what to give her to help her put some weight back on ?
Thanks in advance
Anita xxx❤️❤️❤️

susi794

Staff member
The glop is the only thing I have used to put weight on.