Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What are your must-have's???

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi all,

I thought it would be kind of fun to start a thread where everyone can post their must-have's and favorite things for their babies! Could be a favorite food or treat to clothing, toys, etc...pretty much anything :BigSmile:.

Since I'm a newbie, I don't have any favorites yet other than the laser pointer. Good fun (and exercise) for Lilo!
029W946291110001

Gizzymom

Banned
Must haves... hmmmmm... Besides grooming supplies??:LOL:

Gizzy can't live without his plush blankies from Walmart... and his Pounce treats!!:Laugh:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nudie's must haves are:
- cat wipes (actually this is a must have of mine for her poopy butt:LOL:)
- Litter Kwitter (sorry another mommy favorite)
- remote control mouse toy
- Her sherpa fleece baby blanket (has had it ever since she came home)
- pink sleepypod
- her boyfriend Gizzy:Adore: (sorry she made me type that:LOL:)

AthenaSphynx

Lairian
Favorite litter box: a rubbermaid tote. The sides are higher than a regular litter box, but still easy for the cats to get in and out of.

Litter: Right now I am using Nature's miracle. the cats and I like it, but unfortunately I can't find it in this area.

Food: Taste of the Wild, wet and dry

Toy: a knitted mouse with beads inside that make noise

tree: amarkat. Their prices are excellent and the trees come in all sorts of heighs. Ours is 5"8 so the same height as me :)

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So, I see several people on here have Sleepypods....if you have the round ones, are they awkward to carry?? I have been looking at these online but they're quite pricey and am curious if they are awesome :ThumbsUp:.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So, I see several people on here have Sleepypods....if you have the round ones, are they awkward to carry?? I have been looking at these online but they're quite pricey and am curious if they are awesome :ThumbsUp:.

Love, love , love the sleepypod!!! It isn't hard to carry at all. Nofuratu gave us the heads up on this one. It has ballistic (bullet proof) grade material, 5 star crash tested, lots of accessories (heated pad etc.), it also doubles as a cat bed on the go. They are pricey but Nudie safe in a car accident-Priceless!

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well I want a carrier that is airline-approved as well...apparently only the mini-size Sleepypod's will fit under airplane seats...but I'm not sure if that will be big enough for her even when she's full grown. Having a hard time finding measurements/weight limits for the mini...might just have to contact the manufacturer.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well I want a carrier that is airline-approved as well...apparently only the mini-size Sleepypod's will fit under airplane seats...but I'm not sure if that will be big enough for her even when she's full grown. Having a hard time finding measurements/weight limits for the mini...might just have to contact the manufacturer.

The mini can fit a cat no bigger than 7lbs. 11"x9" nis the inside measurement

RoobasMommy

Lairian
Roobas would die without his plush blanket and cat tree...And his new-found love catnip! He seriously goes nuts for the it! If we let him, he will eat it straight from the jar! For some reason he hates all cat treats (?).

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda can't live without Pounce, Greenies, and her Sunbeam electric throw. The list for her mommy would be different though.

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
Humm....
Lets see. My Magi is spoiled rotten.

Her must haves are

1. soft cat food, any organic brand is fine with her but it must be organic or she won't eat it! :LOL: My little diva.

2. Greenies, Salmon or Chicken flavored. She will kill for them!

3. Her rainbow kitty face fleece blanket

4. Her plasic rolly blue eyeball

5. the laser light

6. her stuffed purple platapus

7. Her hand made green recycle sign sweater

8. The black fluffy bed my fiance made her

TotenEngel

Banned
OK, so my essentials are baby wipes for poopy bums and cute jumpers!!!

Smeagols are:

a blanket on every heater in the house
a cushion in front of every heater in the house
Laser Pen (the batteries have dies at the moment and he's getting desprate!!!)
His 'My First Zombie' from Auntie Jody
His Skineezz (Part of his secret santa from Auntie Kat, I have only let him have 1 at the moment as its another awesome thing we don't get here!!)
Food and attention on demand!

pooner

Banned
OK, so my essentials are baby wipes for poopy bums and cute jumpers!!!

Smeagols are:

a blanket on every heater in the house
a cushion in front of every heater in the house
Laser Pen (the batteries have dies at the moment and he's getting desprate!!!)
His 'My First Zombie' from Auntie Jody
His Skineezz (Part of his secret santa from Auntie Kat, I have only let him have 1 at the moment as its another awesome thing we don't get here!!)
Food and attention on demand!

I think Pooner and Smeagol could be great friends :LOL:

TotenEngel

Banned
I think Pooner and Smeagol could be great friends :LOL:

:LOL::LOL: Don't know if they would, they'd be fighting for all the best warm spots!!!

I also forgot Mummys bed at bedtime! I have an electric blanket that at the moment I have on for at least an hour before I go to bed, so Smeagol always comes to bed with mummy!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffies favorites are:

Treats
her plushy bed
fleece blankets
any fuzzy blankets she can snuggle into (we have about 10 around the house)
her wall - this is a wall that she stares at every night, we dont know why. lol
heating vents - she has 2 favorites
her 360 drinkwell fountain
sitting with me anytime any place
daddys stubble face
laser pointer
her crinkly tunnel

SoBes favorite

the bed she has made in her stroller, she drug blankets into it and has made a nest to sleep in
daddys face
treats
the shower wall when its wet
heating vents
fleece blankets
crawling under blankets with a person
and exploring the kitchen counter now that she is big enough to jump up there and see whats going on, she has found a whole new world

Maua_Peterbald

Lairian
OMG, Pooner`s clothes and hats are soooooo beautiful ! Do you make them yourself ?

Frodo`s must have:

blankets,
soft carpets - he loves rolling on them, I put a new one in the bathroom today and he is very pleased,
his very own Animal Planet channel - two vivs with poison dart frogs, he loves watching it and knocking his paw on the glass
windowsill with a blanket
crinkly tunnel, I actually bought one for small animals (ferrets, bunnies) on sale and he likes it better to the normal size one, it is something about confined spaces I guess
a new toy every week, preferably with catnip - he gets bored easily with new toys :Hysterical:

Back