Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

what brand cat food do you use?

what brand cat food do you prefer?

• Science Diet

Votes: 45 8.7%
  • Iams

Votes: 34 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 378 72.8%
  • Raw Diet

Votes: 62 11.9%

• Total voters

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Orijen cat and kitten so far :) Astrid likes it and was what the breeder feed her sphynxes. Havnt had a problem with the insane amount of protein in it so far, so hopefully it is a keeper!

SupplyPipe28

Lairian
We continued using the same brand that our breeder used for both wet and dry food - Nutrience Natural Healthy Kitten for kibble and Nutrience Natural Kitten Turkey & Chicken Pâté for wet. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
My Bengal and sphynx eat Nutriosurce at and kitten food in the blue bag
-no recalls- avail mostly online I actually get now at k9cuisine

They all love it and no skin , tummy or poo issues

Judith56

Lairian
I don't own a cat as of yet. I'm thinking of getting one this year. Right now I am doing research on this breed Sphynx. I just know I won't feed my dog Iam's. I feed my dog Wellness or Fromm. I switch it up for her. No grains or by products. Mixed meats, fruits and veggies.

Judith56

Lairian
I'm thinking of going with this breeder in Windsor. I live in Stoney Creek, Ontario. Does anyone think adopting a cat while living in a 1 bedroom apartment is cruel if I have climbers and cat scratch posts and toys and most of all my constant affection.

Judith56

Lairian
Good to know thanks! I have allergies to cats and I would not like cat hair all over everything. I let my pets sleep in my bed with me. I have a Shihtzu 13 going on 14. I am going to wait until she passes over before I adopt a Sphynx. I will use her Dogger to take my cat out for walks and shopping with me like I do with my baby now. I bring bottle water and collapsible dish with me to walk to the dollar store or thrift store, small shops near by.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Judith56 , a kitty will be blessed with your heart and Home filled with love!

Wellness amd Fromm great foods !
I have fed Fromm Gamebird recipe

What's your shitzu's name? Would love to see a pic!

You can post a separate introductory thread introducing your shitzu and share about your researching sphynx :)

My Sphynx Cat Tail

Last edited:

Judith56

Lairian
My Baby Victoria.jpg
Victoria. What is your babies name? Very pretty baby! Is he or she blue and white or grey and white. This is a quick picture of Victoria 13 years soon to be 14 and she just woke up and has hair all tossed about and needs a good bath and brushing.

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We’ve tried several “better” brands and they were just too rich so we use Purina ProPlan. We can change between the Salmon and Lamb flavors but have found all poultry to give off yucky smelling poo! I wouldn’t say it’s due to an allergy but a sensitivity is possible. Also Pet smart just stoped stocking the salmon in the largest bag so we’ve been mainly feeding lamb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello there , well I use whiskas for Cleo wet and dry and her milk and treats
Her milk ;
D5BD1FFD-A9BC-4562-A2A8-97281CDEBC1F.jpeg

Her dry ;
96933946-3E51-4C8D-BFBA-803A16B1CB84.jpeg

Her wet food ;
80FD9A98-3F0E-4DB4-A039-0F81479D85AB.jpeg

Her treats ;
4B90FF4C-FA9C-4E73-A6A9-50955B799DDD.jpeg

She loves them all and we don’t have poop problems (( shushhhh only smelly bum but don’t tell her I’ve said this she would be offended ))
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xx❤️❤️

JojoCatMama

Lairian
Primal freeze-dried nuggets rehydrated with hot water (turkey, chicken+salmon, and duck are faves) and wet canned food (WholeHearted or Wellness brands). Fed 2x a day.

We've never had any digestive problems with this combo and poop isn't terribly stinky!

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My Binky was eating applaws, but recently changed to royal canine GI for her tummy, I have been mixing them at the moment! She also loves white fish! Xx

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We are on whiskas wet and dry 2mth - 2 yrs
Whiskas cat milk , dreamies treats ( Cleo )
Felix crispies ( Mr Bagins )
I have tried purina fish selection for a change
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Tausmom

Lairian
When I first got tau he was very sick and didn't tolerate a raw diet, let alone many brands of dry food.. until I tried Iams original chicken. Ive never changed his diet in the 4.5 years I've had him.and he's thriving and finally developing a wee pot belly. No noticeable hair changes.

Abbi gets 2 ounces of whiskas paté with 1 ounce pureéd pumpkin and then dry Iams for the remainder of the day. No noticeable hair changes.

Back