Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What brand cat litter do you use?

What brand cat litter do you use?

• Arm & Hammer

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Fresh Step

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Feline Pine

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dr Elsey's

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Scoop Away

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Worlds Best Cat Citter

Votes: 47 17.5%
  • Tidy Cats

Votes: 39 14.5%
  • Store Brand

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 75 27.9%
  • Cats Pride

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Katwmn1

Lairian
We use Litter Purrrfect from Costco. Clumps well, doesn't have a strong scent, the cats all use it well, super low dust.

We tried Worlds Best, but one cat got an upper respiratory infection from the dust and my "special" boy started having seizures. He does have other issues, but never seizures until we used that litter.

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We use World's Best Cat Litter, but we'd really like to toilet train her. My husband's been talking about it for ages, so I'm just waiting for him to take up the mantle. Until then, I'll keep scooping. It isn't so bad, since the box sits next to the toilet, and we can just flush it. Anyone around here have any success with toilet training?

Last edited:

Gizasmom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
hahahahah ya those dang crystals suc! we were stepping on them all the time!!!!! they get stuck in their paws so easily!

Gizasmom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We use World's Best Cat Litter, but we'd really like to toilet train her. My husband's been talking about it for ages, so I'm just waiting for him to take up the mantle. Until then, I'll keep scooping. It isn't so bad, since the box sits next to the toilet, and we can just flush it. Anyone around here have any success with toilet training?
toilet training....my toddler is hard enough i can't imagine trying a cat....how the hec does that work? lol not like you can talk it out!

krazykatlover

Lairian
Please tell us what brand litter you use and why? Also benefits or disadvantages in your opinion.
We use Swheat Scoop because it will not harm the kitties if any happens to be swallowed. Clumps well, controls odor pretty well. Use multi-cat formula, we have two Sphynx.

Gizasmom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We just switched from sillicate crystals to something called Cat's Best Eco. It's wood based pellets that clump and so far I am quite happy with it. With the crystals you didn't remove the urine and that tended to get smelly a lot faster than the product claimed so it got a bit expensive. This Cat's Best stuff is also pretty good odour wise, haven't detected nasty smells yet (except for a few minutes after Lucifer has just produced a number 2) Another advantage of the new stuff is that the pellets don't hurt your feet when you step on any that were tracked out - which also means it's a lot softer on sphynx paws :ThumbsUp:
seems expensive....yes???

Sphynx Happy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Arm and Hammer.
It's pretty good as far as smell goes but I'm not a fan of the dust. I'll be looking for a change once were done with this box.

Lindsay

Lairian
I only use Crystals litter due to it preventing UTI infections, Great awsome Odor control. I currently use either Dr. Elsey's crystals or Exquisite cats Lavender or herbal crystals litters. They last a month and there is no odor at all with those two brands for the whole month. I used clay clumping litters and all the other types and none of them worked at preventing the odor.

Emily0404

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've tried them all near enough- the cats prefer breeder select which is made of paper. I preferred worlds best. We went with what the cats preferred. I change all the litter boxes daily so I buy in bulk. I still scoop several times a day but I'm a clean freak :)

Cameo

Lairian
Yesterdays News. I used to use Fresh Step, but the dust and mess from my 3-legged cat was ridiculous. The Yesterdays News has been great!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Please tell us what brand litter you use and why? Also benefits or disadvantages in your opinion.
^Yoda^ started with yesterday's new litter.. Then preferred un scented cats pride scoop able with no issues

Brandi

Lairian
We use Tidy Cats Pure Nature because Ren seems to be allergic to clay scented litters, he sneezes, wheezes and his eyes water a lot . We also tried Blue Buffalo Walnut litter but it smelled awful and turned him brown.

Reina

Lairian
Hi Guys! Sorry to revive this, but I need some recommendations. I know some of these are dated form a year to 2 years ago!

We have been using Dr Elsey's for 2 years with Odis but noticed that it has been dusty, which is something our breeder noticed as well. We also recently got a kitten, which means extra litter box = more litter. We noticed that it also has been varying in texture from one batch to the other. I want to find a new brand that will be low tracking, covers the poopy smell (we currently live in an apartment so this is a must!) and clumps. Suggestions?

ooh! We recently saw sWheat at the store, but my boyfriend seemed to find a lot of negative reviews about bugs being found in the litter. Has this ever happened to you? that makes me nervous to try but I am desperate for something new!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Before switching to dr elseys in th blue bag ,
I used cats pride fresh and light fragrance free - they also came out who s new one too
I saw on chewy.com where I get supplies
Cats pride fresh amd light - Free Shipping at Chewy.com

I would be hesitant of the wheat and stay clear of "worlds best " since some kitties get yeast skin problems with it

AnetteMR

Lairian
Hey! Any advice on a real good dust-free kitty litter that any on you can recommend? I swear I saw a picture of one on Sphynxlair but I can't seem to find it anymore! At the moment we've been using Benek. But now I have noticed that almost every time scratches the litter, she starts to sneeze. We have also used The World's Best, but for us it wasn't too good so that's also out of the question.

Attachments

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hey! Any advice on a real good dust-free kitty litter that any on you can recommend? I swear I saw a picture of one on Sphynxlair but I can't seem to find it anymore! At the moment we've been using Benek. But now I have noticed that almost every time scratches the litter, she starts to sneeze. We have also used The World's Best, but for us it wasn't too good so that's also out of the question.
@AnetteMR it was maybe me that posted the 100% dust-free litter in another post or two that you are referring to. I've tried just about every type of kitty litter out there and I prefer dust-free litter for my home and for my sphynx kitties. World's Best claims to be 99% dust-free, but I found it to be extremely dusty.

I love Clump & Seal Lightweight 100% Dust-Free Kitty Litter. Never any dust and it makes my home smell very nice and fresh. It doesn't bother any of my sphynx kitties (even the sensitive ones).

The red box is for mulit-cat and there is a blue box not for multi-cat. I've used both and honestly don't really see any difference.

It comes in a box with a built-in handle which makes it extremely easy to carry and to pour. Some kitty litters I find to be very heavy to carry and they come in bags which makes it clumsy to pour.

AnetteMR

Lairian
Recently I started to notice that Mireya's face and ears are all dusty after she goes to the box. Made me furious to see the dust even on her face now!! So I just cleaned every last piece of that disgusting clay out her litter box. It wasn't easy at all!! Yuck. But anyway, when about an hour ago I went to the pet store to buy litter, I found a new litter that sounds pretty good! Never seen it before here, "Intersand extreme classic". It says that it clumps extra good, locks the odour and neutralizes it and most importantly is 99.9% dust free. We will see about that lol. But I'm pretty hopeful.
@GoldHazel Thank you! I will keep that litter in mind. When it's finally payday, and the new litter won't be any good, I will surely order Clump & Seal.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@AnetteMR .. we use intersand's odourlock. If you can find that, I think it might be a bit more dust free than their classic. But I love this litter so much. Good luck.

AnetteMR

Lairian
@GoldHazel @Xandria Oh wow!! That's terrific news. That means that there's hope to this catlitter lol. Next time I visit that pet store I will ask if it's possible to order Intersand Odourlock to the store. I'm tired of changing the litter all the time.