Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What brand cat litter do you use?

What brand cat litter do you use?

• Arm & Hammer

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Fresh Step

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Feline Pine

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dr Elsey's

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Scoop Away

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Worlds Best Cat Citter

Votes: 47 17.5%
  • Tidy Cats

Votes: 39 14.5%
  • Store Brand

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 75 27.9%
  • Cats Pride

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Smart Cat All Natural Clumping Litter from Pioneer Pet. It's made from grass so there's nothing egregious in it. It weighs about half what clay litter weighs and is less dusty. That said, it is pricey compared to clay.

StacyM

Lairian
I use Fresh Step Crystals. Love it! It's a bit pricey- 15.00 a bag- but it last over a month for just my one girl. We also have the litter robot and it works wonders with that as well. No dust and it absorbs the urine smell.
Hi. I was just reading through about litter and seen you have the litter robot. I just ordered mine last week. Can’t wait to try it. My kitten is the stinkiest little thing ever. Hope this helps. Do you use the fresh steps crystals in the robot? Have you tried other kinds? Thanks

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I use clumping litter in my litter robot. Here is what they say about litter for the unit:

The Litter-Robot works well with almost any clumping or scoopable litter. Litter beads and crystals that are small enough to pass through the screen will also work. The Litter-Robot is not compatible with litters that are strictly absorbent, non-clumping, loose clumping, newspaper-based, or wood-based pellets.

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I use Golden Grey clumping cat litter which is what I'll keep using! I must have tried half a dozen brands, and they were either too coarse, too bad for odour control, or too dusty. The brands claiming to be dustfree seemed to always be the dustiest, like World's Best. Butchie would come out covered in dust, and then he would cover us and the furniture in it! :bored: Golden Grey has been the only dustfree one so far and it clumps brilliantly and not much smell!

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Smell has more to do with diet.

I feed a raw diet and there's no smell at all.

Adam

Lairian
Has anyone used Pretty Litter?
We're wondering if the reviews are as good as they.

HarleyOwned

Lairian
I've tried several store brand clumping litters, and Tidy Cats always beats them. Dust is minimal. Store brands tend to be very dusty, and Harley didn't like the lightweight/crystal versions. Almost tried the Breeze system, but worried about fecal waste as I'm gone 10 hours +. Champion pee-er, it clumps well.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@HarleyOwned , thank you for sharing your litter advice ! Very helpful to all of us

Btw your avatsr pic is darling !

Please post an introduction when you can !
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch

Ps gotta ask if you ride ?

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I used World's Best for about 5yrs and loved it (still love it) but the price was just getting to be too much.
I switched to Blue Buffalo's Naturally Fresh. It's walnut based and haven't had any problems with it. The girls like it and it clumps great!

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MelissaAlice I have to say thanks :)

Let me explain why ......in December I bought 100 lb of the cat litter I like because it was on sale. I figured it would last until next December and then I would look for another big sale. But then.......I ended up with nekkid #3 in January. Of course by then the year end sales were over. Bummer.

However, your post reminded me to look again and as fate would have it I found a very similar grass litter on sale for 40% off. So thanks to you I'm again golden for the rest of this year ;)

Krey

Lairian
Has anyone used Pretty Litter?
We're wondering if the reviews are as good as they.
Yes I use prettyitter but not all the time, I bought a couple bags incase I need to test for some reason. It works and I also got the food they make and my cat LOVES IT, her skin is prettier and she had more energy. Highly recommend.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
In our house we use wooden pellets from the hardware store. The reason that we have it is because two of the kids dig like they are going to China when on the potty and with pellets they don't sneeze. Also, there are no pellets in my bed. The litter got stuck to their paws and ended up in my bed. It's easy to scoop up number two and flush it in the toilet. It's way much cheaper and environment friendly! We use the peewee litter boxes with two sections and I think it's so easy to clean. It just took a weeks training and then they all accepted the pellets.

kellyannallen

Lairian
Cat's Pride. And its not for our Zino, however, its for our other cat who is FUSSY! Lio is a normal short haired house cat and its to HIS liking we use the Cats Pride.

however it is very good! Clups well, and keeps smell down pretty well. Silica clumping litter was a mess, clay litters clumping Lio refused to use and we didn't have Zino then. I actually think he would be like our Old Thai Cat Nym, and use anything.... The Sphynx isn't fussy.....

CamedSoup

Lairian
Our cats drag litter EVERYWHERE! We use Arm&Hammer multi cats, with litter robot. But I'm really sick of litter being in our bed lol @Zab I feel that! Like we need to brush off the bed. I came here looking for suggestions!

Reactions: Zab

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh I would love to know the trick to that too. I have an anti-tracking mat but Ellie still gets it between her toes and brings it to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro