Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What color is my Sphynx? Seal Mink Sphynx

admin

Administrator
Staff member
user318_pic3537_1266986777.jpg

Mink pattern:Point restricted colors show little or no color differentiation between body and points in the mature Sphynx. Although born very light in color , the mink Sphynx will darken and appear solid
in color as an adult. Eye color: aqua . Nose leather and paw pads : appropriate to coat color. The
mink pattern may becombined with ANY other (except pointed ) and ANY color,e.g. natural
mink,champagne mink, platinum mink,natural tabby mink, blue mink, blue-cream, tortie mink
with white (shown in the BI-Color Class).

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Re: What color am I? Seal Point Sphynx

Ok, i'm going with mink unless someone differs!

susi794

Staff member

Pointed means having blue eyes. Seal refers to the brownish body color. Mink means having aqua eyes-- there can be no mink point. This cat looks to me like a seal mink.

admin

Administrator
Staff member

Pointed means having blue eyes. Seal refers to the brownish body color. Mink means having aqua eyes-- there can be no mink point. This cat looks to me like a seal mink.

Seal Mink it is!

Snowball

Lairian

Okay so I'm having a little trouble figuring out what Pebbles is. He has aqua eyes so that's a mink but he has a light grey/pink to his body and white paws. Like his chest and underbelly are both pink but his back is light grey and his tail is like a raccoons. So what does this make Pebbles?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@DiegoKitty a few of the posts you have commented on are a bit old (this one 2012) just know some might no longer be active members or comment. Looks like you are doing lots of searching through past posts. Glad to see you are enjoying.

Patti

Johnna

Lairian
user318_pic3537_1266986777.jpg

Mink pattern:Point restricted colors show little or no color differentiation between body and points in the mature Sphynx. Although born very light in color , the mink Sphynx will darken and appear solid
in color as an adult. Eye color: aqua . Nose leather and paw pads : appropriate to coat color. The
mink pattern may becombined with ANY other (except pointed ) and ANY color,e.g. natural
mink,champagne mink, platinum mink,natural tabby mink, blue mink, blue-cream, tortie mink
with white (shown in the BI-Color Class).
why does TICA let you list the color as seal point mink when registering a kitten?

Back