Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What color is this berrie????

J

Jinxlover

Okay I need some help...This is little mulberry and I have just been telling people that she is blue and white.. Well a few days ago a third color had kind of popped up on her. It really does not have a color to it(if you know what I mean) it's just kind of lighter blue brown color. If you look at the pic you can see the dark blue dots but look at her shoulder and cheek you can see a lighter color. I would like to at least be able to tell her new mom what color she is. Any help?????

Attachments

• IMG_4782.jpg
    IMG_4782.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 60

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would describe her as calico. But I think they refer to that tannish brown color as "Van".
Van is when the color is on the head and tail and the majority of the body is white.

That berry is a tri-color (red, white, looks like black in that picture) She's a very pretty calico there is a distinct difference between colors, if they were blended she'd be a tortie.

J

Jinxlover

Van is when the color is on the head and tail and the majority of the body is white.

That berry is a tri-color (red, white, looks like black in that picture) She's a very pretty calico there is a distinct difference between colors, if they were blended she'd be a tortie.

What are the chances the other 2 will also get this color and be calico? ( I know it would just be a guess).

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What are the chances the other 2 will also get this color and be calico? ( I know it would just be a guess).

Can you see any red on the others?
I'm awful with torties/ calicos as some are hard to tell (and CFA/ TICA register some colors under different titles)

If there are clear defining lines between the colors like her, I'd say calico, if its mushy (LOL) blended/ not defined then I'd say tortie.

Will go look on your other thread.

J

Jinxlover

Blueberry is a blue tortie, all her sisters(the whole litter was female)were calico(blue/red/white). This color was not on mully a few days ago. So looking back will not help. I have tried and tried to get a better pic and just cant, the light is not good and the brown(or red) will just not show up in the pics. I will try again. :ThumbsUp:

J

Jinxlover

Okay got some more they are not the best but with no sun light it's the best I can do. Look at her shoulder it's got brown coming off the blue.

EDIT:: I want Raz to be Calico... Some one tell me she still has time to get the red and be Calico..
I also think that Dingle is going to be tortie like Boo, I was looking at her and if you look really close, her blue is starting to break up and get the brown in it. Is it normal for the Calico's and Torties not to get the red tell this age???

Attachments

• P1050514.JPG
    P1050514.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 44
  • P1050516.JPG
    P1050516.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 38
  • P1050517.JPG
    P1050517.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 37
  • P1050518.JPG
    P1050518.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 32

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
EDIT:: I want Raz to be Calico... Some one tell me she still has time to get the red and be Calico..
I also think that Dingle is going to be tortie like Boo, I was looking at her and if you look really close, her blue is starting to break up and get the brown in it. Is it normal for the Calico's and Torties not to get the red tell this age???

Take some pictures in the daylight tomorrow, it will be easier to tell. There colors can become clearer as they get older, but you should be able to get a good idea at this age, especially as they aren't thermal.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yes very confusing but I am going with calico for the berries.
I found this maybe it will help:Wink:

Tortoiseshell describes a coat coloring found almost exclusively in female cats. Cats of this color are mottled, with patches of orange or cream and chocolate, black or blue. They are sometimes called torties for short.
The term "tortoiseshell" is typically reserved for cats with brindled coats that have relatively few or no white markings.
Those that are largely white with red and brown patches (rather than a brindled aspect) are described as tortoiseshell-and-white (in the United Kingdom) or calico (in Canada and the United States). Tortoiseshells and calicos are not specific breeds of cat. The tortoiseshell markings appear in many different breeds.[1] This pattern is especially preferred in the Japanese Bobtail breed.[2]

Back