Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What do you do.....

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
love it! my mom and I did puzzles! lol wait till Raphael wakes up to help mum!
I used to do puzzles with my brother when we were kids.

Lucky for me I have a plastic tablecloth to cover the puzzle when I’m not working on it. Raphael would eat the pieces for sure since she likes to eat paper and cardboard when she can get her paws on them!

But right now I have a welcome distraction. Two of my grand babies are coming for a game of bocce ball. Since school has started we are only doing visits outdoors right now, blah!

Happy Sunday!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I love hiking, photography, power-walks and playing online word games in my spare time.

I used to love doing jig saw puzzles, but even with the inflatable roller you can buy to store safely when not in use, it just got too crazy with the cats lol. Nothing is cat proof in this house.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I do a couple of types of puzzles. Since quarantine happened, I do a lot of miniature jigsaw puzzles. I finished a 1000 piece puzzle in August, and this one is waiting. I like the mini puzzles, because even the 1000 piece ones fit into a lap tray, and they can be stored away from my “help.”
176409E1-51B0-4B1E-B5A3-DDED012491C8.jpeg
The other puzzles I love to do are wooden models that all have some sort of movement. Since my long-suffering husband got me the first 2 last Christmas, I have made 20 (!) of them, from a windmill to cars, a motorcycle, flight simulator, horse and others. I’m waiting for the latest one, a motorcycle with a sidecar.
1D0085B1-16AF-44B9-B86C-963A17EEEEBB.jpegB1ECBF54-249C-4F51-8DD2-9C766CCEEDC6.jpeg98A875AA-A9CE-4705-93A7-51480C3BCAD2.jpegE43DEAC6-EE8C-4E32-9439-5E5DEC8D5076.jpeg

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I do a couple of types of puzzles. Since quarantine happened, I do a lot of miniature jigsaw puzzles. I finished a 1000 piece puzzle in August, and this one is waiting. I like the mini puzzles, because even the 1000 piece ones fit into a lap tray, and they can be stored away from my “help.”
View attachment 100934
The other puzzles I love to do are wooden models that all have some sort of movement. Since my long-suffering husband got me the first 2 last Christmas, I have made 20 (!) of them, from a windmill to cars, a motorcycle, flight simulator, horse and others. I’m waiting for the latest one, a motorcycle with a sidecar.
View attachment 100930View attachment 100931View attachment 100932View attachment 100933
I am fascinated by your wooden models! They are so impressive. It is great to have hobbies during this strange time.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
View attachment 100934
View attachment 100930View attachment 100931View attachment 100932View attachment 100933
Very cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you. Most of my models come from UGears, UGears 2020 3D Wooden Mechanical Model kits and Puzzles in USA and Rokr, ROKR: 3D Wooden Puzzles& Models, Family Building Toys, Brain Games I love them because they are really intricate, but they don’t always move properly, so I’ve gotten really good at taking them apart and rebuilding them again. I dont think I would have gotten through the last few months without my models and puzzles, along with the sewing, weaving and spinning projects. So many people have been complaining about how bored they are, stuck at home and on the net or watching tv all day. I’ve been binge-watching a lot of shows (right now it’s Bones again) while I do stuff. And I get tons of help from the feline rulers!

Beckinboots

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you. Most of my models come from UGears, UGears 2020 3D Wooden Mechanical Model kits and Puzzles in USA and Rokr, ROKR: 3D Wooden Puzzles& Models, Family Building Toys, Brain Games I love them because they are really intricate, but they don’t always move properly, so I’ve gotten really good at taking them apart and rebuilding them again. I dont think I would have gotten through the last few months without my models and puzzles, along with the sewing, weaving and spinning projects. So many people have been complaining about how bored they are, stuck at home and on the net or watching tv all day. I’ve been binge-watching a lot of shows (right now it’s Bones again) while I do stuff. And I get tons of help from the feline rulers!
Your models are really cool. I've got loads of hobbies too and don't understand how anyone could be bored or have nothing to do. I was so happy when I was furloughed for 3 weeks because it gave me a chance to organise my sewing room and get a few old WIPs completed. I was hoping for longer off so I could get even more done :0

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
B
View attachment 100934
love the sphynx kissing themselves in the window of your cabinet!!! Cutie.
Your models look amazingly pretty!❤

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Annejo12 -- great puzzle. Are you in Vancouver? I live in Vancouver :)

I love doing jigsaw puzzles although haven't had the time in forever. My mother and I used to do them together.

I really want to buy one of these one day: Buy Puzzle Expert: foldable wooden tilt-up puzzle table

I am hoping the nakeds can't figure out the locking mechanism, but they often surprise me with their smarts! ha ha

The only time my naked duo sleep is when I am sleeping or when I am at my computer -- they each have their own pod bed at my desk. Although they often sit on my desk or climb all over me when they want attention (which they get). That said, I play games with friends online (D&D on Roll20, GTA, Second Life etc.) Friday and Saturday nights and they are so good at sleeping through all the yelling and laughter. Those nights they sleep together in one pod bed and they are incredibly adorable.

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 -- great puzzle. Are you in Vancouver? I live in Vancouver :)

I love doing jigsaw puzzles although haven't had the time in forever. My mother and I used to do them together.

I really want to buy one of these one day: Buy Puzzle Expert: foldable wooden tilt-up puzzle table

I am hoping the nakeds can't figure out the locking mechanism, but they often surprise me with their smarts! ha ha

The only time my naked duo sleep is when I am sleeping or when I am at my computer -- they each have their own pod bed at my desk. Although they often sit on my desk or climb all over me when they want attention (which they get). That said, I play games with friends online (D&D on Roll20, GTA, Second Life etc.) Friday and Saturday nights and they are so good at sleeping through all the yelling and laughter. Those nights they sleep together in one pod bed and they are incredibly adorable.
@Xandria , I live in Alberta! Close but still far. That foldable table looks awesome! What a neat idea. I just put a plastic tablecloth over my puzzle when I’m not working on it. Hobbies are great. I’m thinking of googling and teaching myself something new to do this winter. Not sure what though.
These cats are good at letting you know when they want attention! Mine usually comes and stabs me in the legs with or claws or just sits on the floor and stares at me. How can I resist her beautiful blue eyes!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
B

love the sphynx kissing themselves in the window of your cabinet!!! Cutie.
Your models look amazingly pretty!❤
Thanks! Marcus was actually trying to get into the cabinet while I had it open. He usually ignores the models, unless they come across the floor at him. I have a small model of an archballista (a medieval crossbow that was used in castle sieges), and he loves to chase the bolts it shoots. Even Cleo will chase them sometimes.

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
when your kitty is sleeping? I have started a puzzle!View attachment 100909
when your kitty is sleeping? I have started a puzzle!View attachment 100909
Sorry I'm late to the discussion!
I love working jigsaw puzzles, but I have discovered I really enjoy working them on my phone or laptop. Many advantges:
•LOTS of different puzzles
•most are free •pet/child-proof
•no dropped, lost, or chewed pieces
•easy to put away
•work multiple puzzles at once
•bored or stuck-close it and go back later
•easy to work from hospital/care facility bed
•you control the number of pieces
•no stiff neck/back from leaning over table
and
•nothing to clean up!
It's a win-win for me!