Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What do you feed your dogs?

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So, Chappie has never been a big eater, but we got him on nutrience sub zero kibble. Guess what company changed the kibble size and made it bigger? Guess which dog won't eat it anymore? Lol we have tried all the nutrience pretty much, and the acana that he can eat. And nothing. Right now we have him trying science diet, which he hates that too.
We don't want to starve him, he's only little (10pounds) so that could cause major problems quickly. Don't need a puppy with failing kidneys. He is eating wet food (not much though) and "treats" dehydrated sweet potatoes, dried chicken, quinoa bars. We have tried cutting back other food and he still won't eat more kibble.

So what do you guys feed your dogs?

Bonus picture of the puppers!
IMG_2455.JPG

karla9895

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
IMG_0328.PNG
So, Chappie has never been a big eater, but we got him on nutrience sub zero kibble. Guess what company changed the kibble size and made it bigger? Guess which dog won't eat it anymore? Lol we have tried all the nutrience pretty much, and the acana that he can eat. And nothing. Right now we have him trying science diet, which he hates that too.
We don't want to starve him, he's only little (10pounds) so that could cause major problems quickly. Don't need a puppy with failing kidneys. He is eating wet food (not much though) and "treats" dehydrated sweet potatoes, dried chicken, quinoa bars. We have tried cutting back other food and he still won't eat more kibble.

So what do you guys feed your dogs?

Bonus picture of the puppers!
View attachment 76985
We feed our Bulldogs Fromm grain free
They are doing amazing on it!

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We also feed our dogs Fromme grain free! We have 2 Alapaha Blue Blooded Bulldogs...female (6yrs old) 87 lbs...male (only 7 mos old) 55-60 lbs and one boxer/shar pei rescue mix (2.5 yrs old) 47lbs. Our vet is very pleased with all of them...their weight is good...their coat is beautiful and their teeth are great!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Maddie , Adorable :) melt with those eyes!

Feeding Acana duck and pear ( Usa formal here ) We can't get Canadian formulas here anymore
Used to feed the Acana Canadian version I still prefer for the duck meal first ingredient wonim had a higher concentration of parties thn just a meat as a first ingredient thst is mostly water than after processing ( food companies always market " meat " as first ingredient but is further done list actually omce processed)
They dont care for the other Acana formulas

Also Holistic select duck which is grain inclusive .. Not totally on the gain free wagon here - discussed with my vet and my boy does great with it
It is a small Kibble size too but not pellet crumb size :) My incredibly picky Gunnar loves both Acana duck and holistic select duck..
Just remember a dog won't starve itself - Gunnar was aweful waking aways from foods
They will eat :)

Holistic Select Dry Dog Food Duck Meal Recipe

I always look for the calcium phosphurus % amd call the company for the "dry matter " %

Last edited:

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awesome thank you:)
i know he won't starve himself but he tries pretty hard, will stop drinking too.

Thankfully he is eating a pitiful amount of the "cheap" nutrience line and some wet food. Hopefully once Astrid and I leave he will be back to eating. She puts him out of sorts some, wrecks the routine. So hopefully! But good to have other names! He seems to get bored of food too.

Victoria D

Lairian
My small dog has always been a picky eater! I want my pets to be as healthy as possible, but after trying just about every high quality dog food I could find (in store and online) she continued to turn her nose up at it. In desperation, my husband went to the dollar store and bought some generic wet food, which she devoured. I can't stand giving it to her, so I am currently in the process of switching to a RAW diet (praying she will take to this!) Good luck on finding what's best for your baby, he's a doll!

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feed Fromm large breed formula. I have a pittie and a boerboel (South African Mastiff) He was on the large breed puppy for 2 years and did well on it. I occasionally give them some of their game bird recipe mixed in also. They love it!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna , your boys look great on Fromm!
Where do you get Fromm ?
K9cuisine.com ?
My kitties liked the Fromm game Bird
My big boys are now on Eagle pack lamb (multi protein source ) in the purple bag
Great for my rotties allergies! Doing better on Eagle Pack (by wellness , no recalls)
Than 5 years on Acana!

My neigh just asked me for some of the Eagle pack to try for her dog !
She is lovin it !

Back