Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What do you feed your Sphynx?

KKristen61

Lairian
Currently I feed my 2 year old sphynx 4health all life stages dry food but I recently saw today that it has been linked to heart issues in dogs.

I am going to be safe and try to switch to a different food but I’m having trouble deciding what to feed her.

I was looking at royal canin sphynx but I can’t find it anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KKristen61 I used to feed my crew Acana . My vet wanted my dogs off Acana since they were mentioned specifically as part of the DCM study on dogs .

I switched my 4 nakids years ago to Nutrisource cat and kitten ... no recalls , prized for gut health ..
It was an easy transition ... been feeding for years with no poo or skin issues . They can go a long time between full spa days which I found amazing . Of course still do the weekly amd biweekly maintenance .

Mine are all adults eating the blue bag
With the Nutrisource I Feed n go ! Like I do with my fur kitty .
no greasy skin like they had an Acana US formula ... they were grease pits!

From my understanding the Royal canin sphynx is not available in the US.

I get Nutrisource online .. you can check for retailers on their website

Surely members will chime in with other good suggestions to to explore what will be best

KKristen61

Lairian
@KKristen61 I used to feed my crew Acana . My vet wanted my dogs off Acana since they were mentioned specifically as part of the DCM study on dogs .

I switched my 4 nakids years ago to Nutrisource cat and kitten ... no recalls , prized for gut health ..
It was an easy transition ... been feeding for years with no poo or skin issues . They can go a long time between full spa days which I found amazing . Of course still do the weekly amd biweekly maintenance .

Mine are all adults eating the blue bag
With the Nutrisource I Feed n go ! Like I do with my fur kitty .
no greasy skin like they had an Acana US formula ... they were grease pits!

From my understanding the Royal canin sphynx is not available in the US.

I get Nutrisource online .. you can check for retailers on their website

Surely members will chime in with other good suggestions to to explore what will be best
Wow I’ll definitely look into that brand

Back