Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What do you guys think about this t-shirt?

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Im not a fan. I sorta think it looks "Stretched out" .... i dont think its very flattering to both the breed and the woman wearing the shirt... sorry. i wouldn't buy it.

TotenEngel

Banned
I did look at it and just wonder if the woman had ENORMOUS boobs and had stretched it or if it was meant to look like a reflection of one of those funhouse mirrors!

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I did look at it and just wonder if the woman had ENORMOUS boobs and had stretched it or if it was meant to look like a reflection of one of those funhouse mirrors!

Even though I wouldn't have minded the stretching beeing from that reason I do believe it is just a stilized picture gone a bit out of hand.
Don't really think it's ugly but having a sphynx and telling everyone about it all the time is enough I think. I'd feel like I over did things a bit if I started to wearing pictures of them as well. :)

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have that shirt.... :Sweat: My friends thought it was cute cause I have lots of tattoos AND Sphynx.

Rofl!

Not at you having the shirt though but at us feeling bad now. Should have listened more to my grandma. "If you don't have anything nice to say then shut the hell up."
Good advice really.

And I don't think it is ugly but I do think I already take my sphynx craze far enough as it is. :Hysterical:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've got the perfect solution. I did this and it works really well. I went to a computer store and found iron on printable paper. I photoshopped a photo of a sphynx, printed it out, and ironed it on a cheap t-shirt. It looked great. It does fade after a wash or two but it still looks OK. Might be worth a shot.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
NEVERMIND!!! I don't want it!! Bastards!!!!

This was a little uncalled for. you asked people opinions. i felt my answer was nice and HONEST. i never said anything the would have been offensive to you. you asked what people thought- that's what i thought.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This was a little uncalled for. you asked people opinions. i felt my answer was nice and HONEST. i never said anything the would have been offensive to you. you asked what people thought- that's what i thought.

Maybe she forgot the :Wink: after...
Don't think anyone would get THAT angry for some asked for criticism.
either that or a bad day, lets call it that. Tomorrow will be a new day in that case. :)

Gizzymom

Banned

I THINK she meant "bastards" for the people that made the shirt, no? Like she wnated a sphynx shirt, but those "bastards" didn't make it to her expectations... I think. At least that is what I thought when I first read it.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ahh... ok. i hope so, because nothing i said should have been taken so seriously....
i was a little put off by that comment. :)

Gizzymom

Banned
I found these on ebay - Better representations of a sphynx..

sleepswithsphnyxcatstshirtbig.jpg

ljgart2.jpg

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Personally, I find it hideous. The ears even look cropped to me- more like a bad pitbull hatch job then the big gorgeous ears of a naked baby.

Perhaps if we had the person who owns it put it on and model it, I might change my opinion though ;)

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I found these on ebay - Better representations of a sphynx..

View attachment 2266

View attachment 2267

I have the top one, it was sold as a sleep shirt but I wear it as a T shirt. It's a little long but eh, who cares.

To the OP: I don't like that particular picture, it looks like it was stretched and distorted. The ears are awful. Also, my impression when I looked at it closer was that it was promoting or giving the impression of approving the tattooing of cats, which I'm firmly against. But I can see where someone who has tattoos might like it.

Back