Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What do your cats drink their water from?

What do your cats drink their water from?

• Bowl

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Fountain

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Glass

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Other...please share

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

MissyB

Lairian
What do your cats drink their water from? You must vote from regular site www.sphynxlair.com and not tapatalk.
I had a fountain but it got wat too gross way to quickly. Switched to glass bowls with filtered water from the fridge. Jaxon also drinks from the bathroom faucet every time I turn it on. Bentley watches him and will probably do the same soon. She is a little careful of which of HIS things she butts in on. I brought her home less than a month ago...

Yoda mom

Staff member
gave up the fountains, they did use alot and they get slimy to the invisible eye and need to take apart motor parts and soak clean constantly.
mine prefer water bowls away from their food dishes. a variety of double stainless raised double dog dish use for water, and a large corningware dish.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I must report that my monkey see - monkey do girl, Min, is now drinking out of the "cat drinking glasses" like her older brother. LOL. There are these great wide mouth pint glasses that perfect for them to get their heads into and drink. ha ha. And these glasses are only for them. heeee.

LunaTiramisu

Lairian
Luna drinks from CatIt mini flower fountain (1.5lt). It's programmed to turn on for 15min every hour. Also I clean it once a week and change the filter every month, otherwise it gets disgusting.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@LunaTiramisu , thank you for sharing the flower fountain and the reminder of the importance of cleaning/ changing filter. the fountains always need maintenance or they get that invisible slimmy gunk. I take apart the moter and soak in vinegar water to get the gunk off. since then I found my crew prefers a corning ware dish and raised stainless double bowl feeder with water about 2 feet away from their food.

the catit flower fountains is neat! some other members use it too!