Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What do your cats drink their water from?

What do your cats drink their water from?

• Bowl

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Fountain

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Glass

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other...please share

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Maddie we eventually decided on a fountain as our one girl Jouët liked to put her back feet in the bowl and did her own style of twerking...lol. This has stopped her thank goodness.

meandmytwo

Lairian
I keep it simple. Just bowls, in two places. We have several sizes and depths of stainless pet food bowls and the water must be in one particular size or they don't touch it lol. It's about the only thing they are fussy about... they like the bowl on the shallow side rather than deeper. Refill twice a day.

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Maddie we eventually decided on a fountain as our one girl Jouët liked to put her back feet in the bowl and did her own style of twerking...lol. This has stopped her thank goodness.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read this...I surely would have spit it all over my computer LOL! But what a CUTE visual I had!:ROFLMAO::D:LOL::p

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have the fountain which is their choice of spots but we keep two bowls out as well one in the bedroom on my night stand and one in the bathroom. the fountain is in the kitchen. we have tried several fountains and always took them back but this one they love 99.9% of all the drinking our four cats do is from the fountain. oh also any glass or cup left unattended is also fair game.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Out of a bowl. Toa taps with his paw on the water first before he drinks it. Something he only licks the water of his paw:).

Yoda mom

Staff member
My kitties did not take to fountains... And fountains are high maintenance- the pump must be taken apart amd all parts cleaned. Pump parts and fountain parts often get slim build up even when the fountains look clean . I was taking my fountains apart every few days to clean.

I switched to a small raised stainless double bowl filling both sides with water. I place it about 5 feet away from their food. (Many cats prefer drinking away from their food location )

These raised dishes are filled twice a day
They are like this pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 20

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon , understand concerns - I fed my Bengal raw many years ago and switched over to dry kibble.
My 4 sphynx are dead Nutrisource csts amd kitten dry food in the blue bag.
I used to deed Acana. With Nutrosurce they have clear skin , less greasy skin, solid poos , and cleaner ears - I was amazed at the difference . I order the food online since stores don't usually carry it . It has no recalls amd is very reasonable priced .
I gave up on the water fountains with the cleaning constantly. Much easier to wash the s,all bowls and they actually use the raised bowl dish comstantly :)

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The boys will drink from their water dishes but also like the toilet bowl too!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Duglynukem , I was using fountains here too
Not sure what brand you have - I used two different Drinkwell fountains .
FYI , be sure to completely take apart the motor and clean scrub routinely to keep it slim free.
I used a little pointed soft bristle brush or toothbrush

I would soak the motor parts in a bowl for a few minutes in water/white vinegar then scrub

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Duglynukem , I was using fountains here too
Not sure what brand you have - I used two different Drinkwell fountains .
FYI , be sure to completely take apart the motor and clean scrub routinely to keep it slim free.
I used a little pointed soft bristle brush or toothbrush

I would soak the motor parts in a bowl for a few minutes in water/white vinegar then scrub

I picked up this one it is filtered and had pretty good reviews.

GMPLAX23

Lairian
Being that Tut grew up with dogs, he has always drank out of their bowl! He also has his own. The dogs have kicked him out of the dog bowl HAHA

Callmemrsbill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We use the drink well fountain. I love the newer ones where you can take everything apart and scrub it down.

Back