Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What does your Sphynx cat smell like?

What does your Sphynx kitty smell like?

• Fritos

Votes: 26 7.7%
  • Dirty feet

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Cheese

Votes: 20 5.9%
  • Mushrooms

Votes: 95 28.2%
  • Other

Votes: 180 53.4%

• Total voters

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Scrotie deff smells like mushrooms. It's not offense at all but it does crack me up. It took me and my sister a while to pin point the smell :LOL:

Shauntay

Banned
What a great poll! lol

Little Man is quite fuzzy, so he tends to smell like shampoo for longer periods of time then his little brother, and he also doesnt get as dirty, because the oils that collect dirt are absorbed more by his fuzz. Douche on the other hand....oh boy. Its a very distinctive smell. Like a mix of doritos and corn pops cereal and wrinkled skin:p We call it the "Douche Stink" and although we are well aware it is not a "pleasant" smell we LOVE it!
The only way I can explain it, is I love horseback riding, and I seem to have made an association with the fun activity and being near horses, to the smell of manure! So I smell some cows and I get thrilled! I know this is an odd example, but Im sure some of you will get it ;)

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Scrotie deff smells like mushrooms. It's not offense at all but it does crack me up. It took me and my sister a while to pin point the smell :LOL:

I think we talked about this before once! It was hard to figure it out for me too - now its uncanny how obvious it is. :LOL:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think we talked about this before once! It was hard to figure it out for me too - now its uncanny how obvious it is. :LOL:

Is the mushroom smell a cooked or raw mushroom smell?! I'm really not getting it with Mo?!! I will have a good smell of him tonight and get back to you :LOL:

lylwhitetiger

Lairian
this is funny. i was at the vet the other day and the vet tech said Baldwin smelled like an old man. well i picked him up and sniffed him and i didnt smell it. i just smelled him again and i cant put my finger on something that he smells like. he just smells nice.
my dog however normally smells like shampoo, i know when she needs a bath cause she well smells like a dog. how weird is that? her feet on the other hand smell like corn chips or popcorn all the time! lol. please dont ask why i was smelling my dogs feet cause im really not sure :LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is the mushroom smell a cooked or raw mushroom smell?! I'm really not getting it with Mo?!! I will have a good smell of him tonight and get back to you :LOL:

Cooked! It's a real obvious smell on Sophie. Now that I've identified it I can't shake it.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I tell lots of people about Nofuratu's "Musky" odour and they dont always smell it and think Im nuts. It is especially musky when he's just woken up from napping under a blanket and is super hot!

The Musky smell reminds me of leather... from a horse saddle but also of
Potatoes that come in the bag all dirty, like earth

Its funny that the main sphynx odors seem to be divided into an "Earthy dirt" smell like leather, mushrooms, potatoes etc

and a "Cheesy Yeasty" smell like doritos, stinky feet etc. I guess it depends on whether the cat has more yeast spores on the skin.....

This makes me want to swab some sphynx armpits and look under the microscope!!!! but I no longer have access to a vet clinic....so maybe some other tech/vet will investigate!?

Isnt this forum great? We can all chat about how we sniff our bald pussies....and no one thinks we are nuts, or into some other line of work!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes! Nofuratu makes a good point- sniff Mo right after a nap under a blanket! That is when the smell is most potent.

Ok, enough crazy talk from me. :LOL::Dizzy:

Abigail

Lairian
Thought you guys were weird saying your cats smell like Mushrooms but I agree. I smelled Loki and I could smell mushrooms. Strange, I guess that means time for a bath! He always smells like a new born baby after his bath. I love it!

Barrelstar

Lairian
This is so funny! My old room mate said omalley smelled like feet and potatoes once. I always thought that was so funny and here it is on the poll! lol, I think the new cat kind of smells like fritos when he is hot, sort of gross. He just got a bath so he will smell good for at least a day now:) I might name him Frito...he still has no name....

holly_savage

Banned
When Hibou starts smelling like a well aged cheese...it's bath time! And then it's a combination of baby shampoo and coconut oil.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes! Nofuratu makes a good point- sniff Mo right after a nap under a blanket! That is when the smell is most potent.

Ok, enough crazy talk from me. :LOL::Dizzy:

:LOL: Mo gets very sweaty little pits when hes been asleep! The first thing he does when he gets up after a nap is lick his pits clean! :LOL: He does stink but its more like chips/fries to me! I will think of mushrooms next time I smell him though.....

myspecialboy

Lairian
Isnt this forum great? We can all chat about how we sniff our bald pussies....and no one thinks we are nuts, or into some other line of work! [/QUOTE]

Classic!

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
For about a day after his bath he smells like coconut oil and shampoo... Then mushrooms, but in a good way :) Pretty sure no other kind of cat owners know what their cat smells like :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

GioThermal

Lairian
LMAO!!! I smell my pussy all the time and he smells like sweaty sphynx... well, at least that is what his body smells like (and I love it). The smells that come out of him smell like :Badly:

sphynxluvr

Lairian
HEAVEN!!! REN SMELLS LIKE PURE HEAVEN!!! I want to stick my face into all his sunny warm spots and inhale him!!! You can never get enough of that scent. It's like smelling your newborn for the very first time. It never leaves you, even when theyre gone like our boy Stimpy. I can still think of sneaking up on him on a warm spring morning sunning himself in a fleece lined blanket, and sticking my face right up in on him, INHALE....... AHHHHH................Now I can start my day!!!! There is nothing BETTER!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!

GioThermal

Lairian
HEAVEN!!! REN SMELLS LIKE PURE HEAVEN!!! I want to stick my face into all his sunny warm spots and inhale him!!! You can never get enough of that scent. It's like smelling your newborn for the very first time. It never leaves you, even when theyre gone like our boy Stimpy. I can still think of sneaking up on him on a warm spring morning sunning himself in a fleece lined blanket, and sticking my face right up in on him, INHALE....... AHHHHH................Now I can start my day!!!! There is nothing BETTER!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!

EXACTLY! I LOVE THAT HOT SWEATY SPHYNX SMELL. IT'S EUPHORIC! I just want to bottle it up... put it in a perfume bottle and name it "Hot Pussy" (opposite of "Cool Water"). I'd wear it every day and you all know you'd stock up on those goods!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

sphynxluvr

Lairian
OK, I have to admit, I WEAR HOT PUSSY every day to work!! I live in a dental office when I'm not home and REN, knows when mommy is ready to leave!!! THATS THE EXACT MOMENT HE WANTS TO SNUGGLE!!! Which is the reason I am ALWAYS late for work! UHG!! I call my office manager, weekly..............Gonna be late needed to SMELL HOT PUSSY!!!!! :) Lucky for me... She has 3 boys of her own and 2 visitors for the last 6 mo. They have HAIR, but she is partial to all things catlike!!!!and spends her days off volunteering at a no kill shelter. THE KITTY LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

holly_savage

Banned
EXACTLY! I LOVE THAT HOT SWEATY SPHYNX SMELL. IT'S EUPHORIC! I just want to bottle it up... put it in a perfume bottle and name it "Hot Pussy" (opposite of "Cool Water"). I'd wear it every day and you all know you'd stock up on those goods!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

:LOL::LOL:

Thecustomer base for this product would be an intersting bunch...us carzy Sphynx People...and I am guessing A LOT OF MEN!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back