Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What does your Sphynx cat smell like?

What does your Sphynx kitty smell like?

• Fritos

Votes: 26 7.7%
  • Dirty feet

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Cheese

Votes: 20 5.9%
  • Mushrooms

Votes: 95 28.2%
  • Other

Votes: 180 53.4%

• Total voters

Inferno12

Banned
My johhny smells like an old barn yard animal when its time to take a bath! His nickname is Mr Magoo so I tell him he smells like a shoe.....

I wish it was fritos or mushrooms but its just straight up barn yard animal :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree! Im sooooo glad that I'm not the only one that buries my nose in his "smell" and inhales deeply. I love it when he wakes up and gets out of the coves all warm. Thats when he smells the most. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think this should be a sphynxlair poll!!
Do you like to sniff your spynx when:
a) He crawls out from under covers and is all hot and sticky?
b) After a bath?
c) After he comes in from outside?
d) Never, I do not sniff my sphynx unless it is by accident.

what do you think admin?

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My sphynx smells divine, but my son's room smells like, fritos, feet, mushrooms, cheese, heck ...all of the above!

ktate88

Banned
Niles smells natural. Pure. Kinda reminds me of the pure smell of puppy breath.

I've never intentionally smelled mushrooms before. I have a feeling I may get some looks at the grocery store...!!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I tell lots of people about Nofuratu's "Musky" odour and they dont always smell it and think Im nuts. It is especially musky when he's just woken up from napping under a blanket and is super hot!

The Musky smell reminds me of leather... from a horse saddle but also of
Potatoes that come in the bag all dirty, like earth

Its funny that the main sphynx odors seem to be divided into an "Earthy dirt" smell like leather, mushrooms, potatoes etc

and a "Cheesy Yeasty" smell like doritos, stinky feet etc. I guess it depends on whether the cat has more yeast spores on the skin.....

This makes me want to swab some sphynx armpits and look under the microscope!!!! but I no longer have access to a vet clinic....so maybe some other tech/vet will investigate!?

Isnt this forum great? We can all chat about how we sniff our bald pussies....and no one thinks we are nuts, or into some other line of work!
THAT'S IT - the smell of a dirty saddle - that is what Dinks smells like. And yes right after sleeping under the covers when he is all hot and sticky. I LOOOOVE to bury my nose into his tummy. SWEET

ranalashae

Banned
I am CRACKING up right now!! :LOL:
I smell Nala all the time tooooo! Though I can't really pin point what she smells like, I LOVE IT!

Back