Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What drives you crazy?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
OK I know we all love our Sphynx's we cater to them, feed them well, push them in strollers, buy them toys, have birthday parties, grow cat nip, give them A drink, show pics of pretty girls, worry about what kind of litter they go potty in, share our bed, some have fresher water that some people, and we keep them clean! Wow it just dawned on me what happy spoiled cats we all have:ThumbsUp: But is there one thing that your kitty does that drives you crazy? :Woo: I do have one, sorry but it really makes me crazy! Both Leo and Athena have this thing with toilet paper? So we can not keep it on the roll because then it gets unrolled and spread all over the house, after having them for A while they win and we started keeping the toilet paper on the back of the toilet upstairs and on A shelf downstairs but it's like the are mad they can't unroll it so they get it down and shred it in to peices, they hold on to it with there front paws and do that crazy kick thing with there back legs and bite at it until it's A big mess and has to go in the trash. We go thru more toilet paper than anyone I just don't get it? They have lots of toys why my toilet paper?

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a couple :Wink:
1: the sleepless nights
2: the 5am wake up call
3: that disgusting toy she totes all over the house leaving it in her food bowl or water bowl because she thought that was the safest place for it or better yet and this is a personal favorite...under my pillow so when I'm tired and sleepy at night and I go to wrap my arms around my pillow all I feel is this wet furry thing and it freaks me out every single time :Hysterical:

But I will deal with all her little quirks every minute of every day just as long as she still gives me the honor of loving her and having her in my life. :Smile:

HAHA!! Kalliee, #3 cracked me up!!

#1 - Standing on the headboard while I'm in bed and jumping onto my chest, landing all fours with his butt right in my face

#2- waking me up EVERY SINGLE MORNING 10 minutes BEFORE the alarm goes off by attacking any part of my body that moves

#3 - Okay, this is really bad. I shouldn't condone this behavior, but I laugh every time he does it, and I'm too busy laughing to make him stop. I cannot eat a meal without Walter slapping food out of my hand. It's really annoying, but he's so persistent... I'll be sitting there watching TV and moving a french fry (or whatever) to my mouth and out of the corner of my eye I'll see a little furry paw come really slowly up to my food and then SMACK! and the fry goes flying across the room. He goes and eats it, and then comes back and does it again. and again. and again. until I'm done and all the food is gone.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The persistence of taking your food! Kramer knows what no means... yet you have anything he wants he sits on your shoulder trying to take it or hit it away from you. It is really annoying & I tell him no, he jumps down & then a few seconds later comes back up like I never told him anything! But he is so darn cute & determined I can't really be mad!

When he is in crazy hyper mode... he tears through the house so fast that he gets under foot & of course I don't want to step on him so I almost end of falling to prevent stepping on him.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You're right, ilovemysphynx, our sphynx cats are pretty darn spoiled. I think when I come back in my next life, I wanna come back as a sphynx...LOL! :Impish:

Piglet is so sweet, it's tough to come up with pet peeves about her, but there is a couple things she does that annoy me:

1) Piglet is a booger girl! She often has boogers coming out of her nose and when she sneezes (usually on me or my fiance), she sprays snot all over us! I often have to wipe the boogers off her nose. I've had her checked by the vet and he says she's perfectly healthy. She doesn't have a feline URI or anything; she just gets a runny nose sometimes.

2) No matter what I do, Piglet tracks litter into my bed all the time! It's annoying to climb into the sheets at night to find litter crumbs in there. I don't know how to keep the litter from getting lodged into her toes.

3) Piglet has a fascination with my car! She often jumps into my car when I leave or come home at night from work and just wants to hang out in it. I don't know if she does this because she's curious about the inside of the car or if it's because she wants to go where I'm going. I'm afraid that one day I'll accidently lock her in the car all night or inadvertantly take her to work with me! :Woo:

Other than those small pet peeves, Piglet is a sweetheart with the best personality!

What drives me crazy ???

:Hysterical:

First of all,
- 3 cats peing on 6 = 2 males and one female when she is in heat - HAWFULL !

- Hanky is a very sweet boy, never peing, very cute, but he chases every pen he founds !!! He seems mad about them, more than the others...When I work at home I can not write anything...Hanky does the same thing with my pen than Brooke's nude with the french fries !!! LOL - he plays with all sort of paper too, toilet paper, kitchen paper, ear tips, what else....he's very playfull as you can see !

- Sharmelle is very tender....mmmmmm...so sweet BUT she is the one who is peing regularly !!! GRRRRR....she scratchs where it is not allowed ! GRRRRRR, she kiss me in the nech and then she tries to get my neck chain in her mouth and she bites or she pinches me in the same time ! AIIIIIEEEEEE

-Honesty is a very loving girl, but when she is on me she paws me....with her claws whet as swords !!!! AIIIIIIEEEEE

But they all are very sweet and so lovely...I love them.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you have a handful Moonstone!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sydkat7 Meecho has the exact same booger problem. For a long time I thought she had FIP and Kerrie78 really helped me through that one. I was too scared to have her tested because I didn't want to know if she was sick. Turns out she's perfectly healthy just always has a runny snotty nose. We keep giving her different meds and it will go away and then two days later it's back again. I'm getting used to, but last night I thought I had reached my last straw with it.

I'm used to her sneezing on me and getting sprayed but last night she sneezed and a HUGE GOOEY booger flew on top of my mouth :Badly: On me I can deal, around me I can deal, on my lips that is a whole new story!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sydkat7 Meecho has the exact same booger problem. For a long time I thought she had FIP and Kerrie78 really helped me through that one. I was too scared to have her tested because I didn't want to know if she was sick. Turns out she's perfectly healthy just always has a runny snotty nose. We keep giving her different meds and it will go away and then two days later it's back again. I'm getting used to, but last night I thought I had reached my last straw with it.

I'm used to her sneezing on me and getting sprayed but last night she sneezed and a HUGE GOOEY booger flew on top of my mouth :Badly: On me I can deal, around me I can deal, on my lips that is a whole new story!!!
A huge gooey booger on your lip....ewwwwww!!!! :Badly: LMAO!!! Kallie, that is gross and funny at the same time! Don't feel bad, though....Piglet once honked a real big loogie on my arm...it was slimy and green, too! I've been slimed by my cat! :Struggle: LOL!!!

Kalliee and Sydkat,
Walter used to get the nastiest brown boogers all the time, vet checked him and found nothing wrong - but, I started giving him Lysine treats and he hasn't had a single booger since I started giving them to him a month ago. Plus, he loves the them, so everybody's happy!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Kalliee and Sydkat,
Walter used to get the nastiest brown boogers all the time, vet checked him and found nothing wrong - but, I started giving him Lysine treats and he hasn't had a single booger since I started giving them to him a month ago. Plus, he loves the them, so everybody's happy!
Brooke, what are Lysine treats? And where do you get them? Sorry to be so ignorant, but I've never heard of them.

Brooke, what are Lysine treats? And where do you get them? Sorry to be so ignorant, but I've never heard of them.
Not ignorant at all, they just came out on the market a month ago! They've had Lysine supplements (powder and gel) around for a long time, but this company Vetoquinol just came out with them in treat form which is a lot easier to give the cat.

I get them from my vet, but I just found them on Amazon for half of what I paid...I know where I'm ordering them from next time!
These are the exact ones I give Walter, he gets 5 a day, and I'm only a third of the way through the bag after a month:
http://www.amazon.com/Enisyl-F-Lysine-Treats-180-gm/dp/B001TEGPL4

Don't be scared off by the description, it says its used to treat feline herpes infections, which it is, but its quite common in cats and not contagious to humans. If your cat, like Walter, has very mild symptoms, its common to test false-negative for it at the vets office, though your cat still might carry it. This is an easy way to find out. Lysine is harmless to uninfected cats, and if they work on the snot - great, if not - you've just bought your kitty another bag of treats!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Not ignorant at all, they just came out on the market a month ago! They've had Lysine supplements (powder and gel) around for a long time, but this company Vetoquinol just came out with them in treat form which is a lot easier to give the cat.

I get them from my vet, but I just found them on Amazon for half of what I paid...I know where I'm ordering them from next time!
These are the exact ones I give Walter, he gets 5 a day, and I'm only a third of the way through the bag after a month:
http://www.amazon.com/Enisyl-F-Lysine-Treats-180-gm/dp/B001TEGPL4

Don't be scared off by the description, it says its used to treat feline herpes infections, which it is, but its quite common in cats and not contagious to humans. If your cat, like Walter, has very mild symptoms, its common to test false-negative for it at the vets office, though your cat still might carry it. This is an easy way to find out. Lysine is harmless to uninfected cats, and if they work on the snot - great, if not - you've just bought your kitty another bag of treats!
Brooke, thank you SO MUCH for the info (especially the amazon.com link)....I'll order some for Piglet this weekend! Maybe Kallie should consider getting some for Meecho, too. Here's hoping that our booger-filled days will soon be over! :ThumbsUp:

Brooke, thank you SO MUCH for the info (especially the amazon.com link)....I'll order some for Piglet this weekend! Maybe Kallie should consider getting some for Meecho, too. Here's hoping that our booger-filled days will soon be over! :ThumbsUp:
One more thing I just remembered - it worked right away with Walter, but I've heard Lysine can take up to a month to be effective, so don't get discouraged right away if you still get boogered on for a while!! :Wink:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
1. When ButterBooger decides to pull a manic episode at 2AM.
2. When BoggerSnort craps half in the litter box and half outside.
3. When Beelzeball craps
4. When Ball drinks too much and we have to call the cops
5. When BeetleBall stinks
This list is never ending

Everything he does has it's own charming characteristics even though I may hate it. Like during his manic episodes, he snorts and squeals and it sounds really funny. When he thinks it's playtime he jumps on my legs and digs in with his claws. It's really cute but sometimes hurts. And when he's in his litter box he get's really chatty and it sounds really cute.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Brooke thank you sooooo much for the tip. Come next pay day Meecho is getting a new treet :ThumbsUp:

Elgatoloco I completely agree with you when it comes to the late night hpyer fest is what I've started to call them. It's like she found some secret stash of acid somewhere and off she goes. The half in half out poopies....ewwwwww :LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok I think this is the one thing that really gets under my skin and I'm pretty sure she know's she's doing it. She sits on my laptop while I'm using. Wouldn't be a problem if it didn't have those stupid hidden touch pad buttons. So whatever I do takes me triple the time because I will have to figure out what she turned on or turned off and started typing by sitting on it. Plus the mouse pad thing is super sensitive so if her tail is just grazing it the mouse goes everywhere and I start doing things in the weirdest of places. :Stop: woo I feel sooooooo much better now :Worn-out:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ours do that to I still don't know if they want attention or they like the heat from the laptop

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
LOL! Kramer had the voice narrator on & in another language when I walked in the house today.:Dizzy:

The one thing that annoys me to no end is their eye boogers. I am obsessive about wiping their eyes... I probably do it 2-3 times a day for both of them. Somehow, they still manage to fling on it the floors and walls! That stuff dries as hard as freakin glue.

Personality wise, they really don't do much that annoys me. When Ruby is really happy to get in a snuggle she won't sit still. She just keeps rubbing her head on you (and she drools when she's especially happy... eww thanks) and getting up and turning, rubbing her butt on you too. She's such a little slut for attention!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The one thing that annoys me to no end is their eye boogers. I am obsessive about wiping their eyes... I probably do it 2-3 times a day for both of them. Somehow, they still manage to fling on it the floors and walls! That stuff dries as hard as freakin glue.

Personality wise, they really don't do much that annoys me. When Ruby is really happy to get in a snuggle she won't sit still. She just keeps rubbing her head on you (and she drools when she's especially happy... eww thanks) and getting up and turning, rubbing her butt on you too. She's such a little slut for attention!
Eva, I deal with the eye booger thing with Piglet, too. Poor thing, I have to wipe both eye and nose boogers off her face every day! And like your Ruby, Piglet LOVES, LOVES, LOVES attention....she's such an attention HOG (pun intended! LOL!).